PDA

View Full Version : You may not hate Curt Schilling after you read this...

Fenway
12-06-2007, 03:41 PM
:smile:

When Curt buys his wife a diamond he doesn't fool around :D:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/12/06/schillings_pitch_in_for_homes_teams/

When Shonda Schilling, wife of Red Sox star pitcher Curt Schilling, saw the Medfield High School softball field four years ago, the first thing she noticed was the grass growing on the infield.

Unlike baseball fields, softball infields are supposed to be turf-free.
"The first time I walked on that field - 'appalled' is probably the wrong word, but it was pretty bad," Shonda Schilling said.

Now, thanks to a donation last month of more than $150,000 by Curt Schilling and additional fund-raising efforts by the couple, the softball field and adjacent baseball field will be revamped in time for the start of the season in the spring.

The donation was a surprise 40th birthday present for Shonda Schilling, but the gift took on a new dimension when she found out her husband had arranged for the complex to be named in her honor.

spiffie
12-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Curt Schilling could cure cancer and people would say he did it just to stroke his ego.

asindc
12-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Curt Schilling could cure cancer and people would say he did it just to stroke his ego.

I still think he's a fascist *******, but he deserves kudos for this magnanimous gesture. :gulp:

MUsoxfan
12-06-2007, 04:59 PM
He's one of my favorite players of all-time. He's already spending that future Cy Young vote money:tongue:

fquaye149
12-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Nice thing for him to do.

I still hate him quite a bit.

I mean, hell, he hates the White Sox. That alone should be enough.

Fenway
12-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Be thankfull you don't live here. Schilling in on every 10 minutes doing an ad for the New Hampster Primary :?:

Daver
12-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Even obnoxious, opinionated *******s can make a nice gesture every once in awhile.

Martinigirl
12-06-2007, 05:30 PM

When Curt buys his wife a diamond he doesn't fool around :D:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/12/06/schillings_pitch_in_for_homes_teams/

When Shonda Schilling, wife of Red Sox star pitcher Curt Schilling, saw the Medfield High School softball field four years ago, the first thing she noticed was the grass growing on the infield.

Unlike baseball fields, softball infields are supposed to be turf-free.
"The first time I walked on that field - 'appalled' is probably the wrong word, but it was pretty bad," Shonda Schilling said.

Now, thanks to a donation last month of more than $150,000 by Curt Schilling and additional fund-raising efforts by the couple, the softball field and adjacent baseball field will be revamped in time for the start of the season in the spring.

The donation was a surprise 40th birthday present for Shonda Schilling, but the gift took on a new dimension when she found out her husband had arranged for the complex to be named in her honor.

No one is more impressed by his generosity than Curt himself.

fquaye149
12-06-2007, 05:32 PM

To be fair, he would probably call it "Curt's oil"

MarySwiss
12-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Although I admit Curt never had an opinion he didn't share with the media, I for one am a big admirer, and I don't understand the Curt-hate. He and Shonda do a ton of charity work. For that, IMO, he should be cut a significant amount of slack.

Domeshot17
12-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Curt Schiling:

Hey Hunny Guess what I bought you a Softball field and had it named after you. All it cost me was not being such a complete fat ass next year

Shonda

So whats my present...the field... or you droping 15-20-50 lbs?

The Immigrant
12-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Jumpin' Jeebus, that's a lotta scratch to drop for a little landscaping.

DumpJerry
12-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Even obnoxious, opinionated *******s can make a nice gesture every once in awhile.
Just like a broken clock is right twice a day.
Just like a blind squirrel gets a nut now and then.

Risk
12-06-2007, 06:11 PM

Bingo.

Risk

TheOldRoman
12-06-2007, 06:35 PM
I still think he's a fascist *******:rolleyes:

guillen4life13
12-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I still think he's a fascist *******, but he deserves kudos for this magnanimous gesture. :gulp:

I don't know how the term "fascist" is relevant to Curt Schilling in any way.

ohiosoxfan
12-06-2007, 07:08 PM
I work for the triple A ballclub in Columbus, OH. Last summer, Schilling was on a rehab assignment for Pawtucket and pitching against us. At the same time, we were running a series of silent auctions and taking donations for the Coolbaugh family (Mike was a player in Columbus). Schilling was walking by the display and dropped 10 $100 bills into the barrel and also signed a number of items to put into the auction. Thought it was a pretty classy move.

Mohoney
12-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Didn't work. I still hate Mr. ketchup sock.

Oblong
12-06-2007, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't use the term fascist. Sanctimonious. Or however you spell it.

When I read that Theo and some other dude were camped out near his house over Thanksgiving to get him to come to Boston, it rubbed me the wrong way. A decent person would have said "Wait until the weekend, go home to your family. This can wait"

Fenway
12-07-2007, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't use the term fascist. Sanctimonious. Or however you spell it.

When I read that Theo and some other dude were camped out near his house over Thanksgiving to get him to come to Boston, it rubbed me the wrong way. A decent person would have said "Wait until the weekend, go home to your family. This can wait"

No it could not wait Selig set the window at 72 hours for Schilling to approve the trade

rdivaldi
12-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Nope, still hate him...

DoItForDanPasqua
12-07-2007, 08:23 PM

And you deserve kudos for using the word magnanimous.

rocky biddle
12-07-2007, 10:18 PM
This is from Schilling's take on the new "Schilling Clause." It's actually not that bad of a rant. I found this part pretty funny. From 38 Pitches (http://38pitches.com/2007/12/05/the-schilling-clause/)-

I love reading the people that truly are fans, the Gammons and Starks of the world. Is Peter HORRIBLY biased to the Sox, absolutely! But that makes it entertaining to me. Peter understands the game as well. He knows hes not the smartest guy in the room and thats why he taps some of the smartest people in the game to make his points. But I love that hes a fan.