PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the 2nd baseman?

kitekrazy
12-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Is this another hole to be filled?

Why Mike North says a lot of stupid things when it comes to the Sox, there is something that makes you question.

Will Uribe play 2nd?

btrain929
12-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Unless we can upgrade greatly (Brian Roberts) without sacrificing the farm (unlikely), 2B is Richar's to lose, period.

voodoochile
12-06-2007, 11:59 AM
I think Richar opens the season as the 2B with Uribe as the backup plan if Richar falters.

chisoxmike
12-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Danny Richar is going to be our opening day second baseman.

spawn
12-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Danny Richar.

chisox77
12-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Richar, I think it's the best move. When given a chance to let young talent develop, this is the time and position to do it with. I see a lot of upside with Richar.

:cool:

munchman33
12-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Richar will probably need the better part of a year to develop. But I don't think we'll be competing come July, so I say give him the job. He's got tools and could become a Brian Roberts type.

Sargeant79
12-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Richar will get the first opportunity to start. I think he'll probably do at least a serviceable job too.

Mike North has no clue what he's talking about. He thinks trading Iguchi makes no sense and has never even heard of Carlos Quentin before he was traded to the Sox. It's amazing to me that someone with so little baseball knowledge could actually have a radio job discussing it.

hi im skot
12-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Danny Richar is going to be solid. There is no hole at 2nd.

angiew
12-06-2007, 01:25 PM
I think Richar will do fine on 2B. He's got potential there, and seemed to be improving at the end of the season. Either way, I sure as hell hope it's NOT Juan "I love to wing at crap" Uribe:mad:

rookieroy
12-06-2007, 02:39 PM
We could use Brian Roberts obp and stolen bases among other things. He would be a very good fit on this team. All things the Sox need. I know his numbers well as he's been on my fantasy team fro 4 years. :smile:

thomas35forever
12-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Richar. I think he's got a bright future.

Madvora
12-06-2007, 03:24 PM
We could use Brian Roberts obp and stolen bases among other things. He would be a very good fit on this team. All things the Sox need. I know his numbers well as he's been on my fantasy team fro 4 years. :smile:
That's the kind of guy who would fit in on this team, but there hasn't been a word about any vacancy at 2B all off season. The way Hawk was talking the kid up, it seems like he's got a guaranteed job no matter what.
However, year after year it looked like Rowand finally had a shot and they went out and got Lofton, then Everett.

Frontman
12-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Richar will get the first opportunity to start. I think he'll probably do at least a serviceable job too.

Mike North has no clue what he's talking about. He thinks trading Iguchi makes no sense and has never even heard of Carlos Quentin before he was traded to the Sox. It's amazing to me that someone with so little baseball knowledge could actually have a radio job discussing it.

Yeah, but he has access to the Sox like nobody else; cuz he's undenably Chicago!

Wonder if the Sox will re-up with WSCR considering the headaches and headcases that work there have done a heck of a job in annoying Sox players and making themselves a part of the story; instead of just commenting on them.

btrain929
12-06-2007, 05:18 PM
So how bout we close this thread since we're all in consensus with 2b and start a new one for CF......?? That would make more sense.

nccwsfan
12-06-2007, 05:44 PM
The starting 2B for your 2008 Chicago White Sox....

Danny Richar

soxinem1
12-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Willie Harris

DickAllen72
12-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Unless we can upgrade greatly (Brian Roberts) without sacrificing the farm (unlikely), 2B is Richar's to lose, period.
I'm satisfied with Richar at 2B. However, I'd be ecstatic if he were traded in a package that would bring back Roberts and Bedard.

Scotty_T
12-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Wonder if the Sox will re-up with WSCR considering the headaches and headcases that work there have done a heck of a job in annoying Sox players and making themselves a part of the story; instead of just commenting on them.

If they re-upped with Chris Singleton, do you think they are really concerned with the quality of their radio broadcast?

MikeKreevich
12-06-2007, 07:25 PM
So how bout we close this thread since we're all in consensus with 2b and start a new one for CF......?? That would make more sense.

Who would you rather have at 2b?
Danny Richar .230 B.A. 1 for 4 in stolen base attempts or
Brian Roberts .290 B.A. 50 for 57 in stolen base attempts.

The White Sox need a 2005 Podsednik like spark at the top of the order!

guillen4life13
12-06-2007, 07:29 PM

Presenting your 2008 Chicago White Sox Starting Center Fielder:

:slowswing
I know you hate my broadcasts, but you love CF's on former White Sox playoff teams! Back [out of the booth] by popular demand!

Frontman
12-06-2007, 07:34 PM
If they re-upped with Chris Singleton, do you think they are really concerned with the quality of their radio broadcast?

Touche.

Jurr
12-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Who would you rather have at 2b?
Danny Richar .230 B.A. 1 for 4 in stolen base attempts or
Brian Roberts .290 B.A. 50 for 57 in stolen base attempts.

The White Sox need a 2005 Podsednik like spark at the top of the order!
Richar. You don't know what he's capable of. He could be absolutely awesome with a year of major league experience under his belt. Most people don't want to see that happen, though.

Tragg
12-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Hopefull Richar will play second and the Sox will find a major league center fielder.
I think Richar would be a better leadoff hitter than Owens. He actually has some patience and can take pitches, although it's tough to show it on this swing-at-everything major league club. He also showed some power. He's got a lot of promise and hopefully it will blossom this year.
We gave our best AA hitter for him; don't cast him aside after 6 weeks.

Corlose 15
12-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Hopefull Richar will play second and the Sox will find a major league center fielder.
I think Richar would be a better leadoff hitter than Owens. He actually has some patience and can take pitches, although it's tough to show it on this swing-at-everything major league club. He also showed some power. He's got a lot of promise and hopefully it will blossom this year.
We gave our best AA hitter for him; don't cast him aside after 6 weeks.

Bingo. For some reason, there is some sort of fear to give any young player that the Sox have a chance to actually succeed. If the Sox continue to make these trades that people are clamoring for the Sox will continue to get older and the farm system will get even worse.

Richar is gonna be a good one. Let him play.

Scottiehaswheels
12-07-2007, 01:09 AM
See my sig.

balke
12-07-2007, 09:24 AM
I think Uribe should be and will be the opening day 2Bman if he's here. He would've been tied for 5th in 2B homeruns last season and I'll take a SS at 2B defensively just about any season.

Richar will get plenty of playing time, as I see Uribe possibly becoming utility. Perhaps we'll see Uribe a lot more at 3B as well? Someone's getting traded eventually though. Richar is probably worth more at this point. Sox will probably have Ozuna back, so the infield should be pretty deep.

Edit: I have nothing against Richar and am optimistic about him. I'm not optimistic about blindly throwing 2B to him when there's a veteran on the team he can learn from. Until Richar hits better, he's a .230 hitter like Uribe. Might as well get the mileage out of Uribe if you're gonna pay for him.

2nd Edit: I also think Uribe is the most likely White Sox player to have some kind of rebound. Without all the legal troubles this offseason, and the rampant criticism of his weight, he may respond big time by cutting down on carbs and playing baseball with a clear head. If a month into the season he hasn't shown any improvement, put in Richar full-time and sit Uribe.

nevr say dye sox
12-07-2007, 11:18 AM
What about sending Fields, Gio, Richar, and our 07 first Round Pick (Poreda) to the Orioles for Bedard and Roberts? That would put us up right with Detroit.:?:

kitekrazy
12-07-2007, 11:35 AM

Probably all the better to stick with the SCORE. Even celebrities like bad news. It brings attention,

kitekrazy
12-07-2007, 11:36 AM

Odd isn't it?

kitekrazy
12-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Bingo. For some reason, there is some sort of fear to give any young player that the Sox have a chance to actually succeed. If the Sox continue to make these trades that people are clamoring for the Sox will continue to get older and the farm system will get even worse.

Richar is gonna be a good one. Let him play.

Agreed. I think the Sox are there already with old players and farm system. I'd rather see youth than over paid under achievers.

But maybe they do this for a reason. To hide how messed up the farm system is.