PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think that the Tigers picked up Cabrera

Rockabilly
12-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Because they're worried that once the Mitchell Report comes out that Sheffield, Pudge and (I heard a rumor that another top player on their roster was usuing HGH) because these players might be suspended

mjmcend
12-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Because they're worried that once the Mitchell Report comes out that Sheffield, Pudge and (I heard a rumor that another top player on their roster was usuing HGH) because these players might be suspended

The fact that he is one of the best hitters in the game probably had something to do with it as well.

Oblong
12-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Who was the other player?

I've always suspected Inge of using something. I used to call him syrINGE.

D. TODD
12-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Because they're worried that once the Mitchell Report comes out that Sheffield, Pudge and (I heard a rumor that another top player on their roster was usuing HGH) because these players might be suspended Not at all! I think the report has little importance to GM's, whoever is named will be from the past not the present, and the Gm's are only concerned with who may test positive from here on out. Unless they think Sheff, Pudge or someone else may piss dirty in the future they will not be suspended from the Mitchell report. I think they got Cabrera because he is a STUD and they had the pieces to get him, no other reason.

munchman33
12-06-2007, 02:11 PM
The Tigers acquired Cabrera to win a world series.

soxinem1
12-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Let's hope for the sake of salvaging the White Sox season this is the case.

But even if they are in the report, who says they get suspended? Ex Post Facto Laws are illegal.

DumpJerry
12-06-2007, 07:07 PM
The Tigers acquired Cabrera to win a world series.
No, silly. They picked him to force thousands of WSIers to jump off tall buildings thus freeing up tickets for the Tiger's trips to Comiskey next year.

DumpJerry
12-06-2007, 07:09 PM

But even if they are in the report, who says they get suspended? Ex Post Facto Laws are illegal.
MLB is not the government. MLB does not pass laws. The prohibition of ex post facto laws applies to Congress and the states.

WhiteSox5187
12-06-2007, 07:09 PM

Just use that "best intrests of baseball" card.

getonbckthr
12-06-2007, 07:19 PM
3 Reasons:
1) Steroid issues with current roster
2) To improve chances of winning title
3) Prevent potential road blocks (Sox, Anaheim) in their world series quest