PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers looking for a third baseman

jsg-07
12-05-2007, 07:21 PM
It looks like the dodgers are in need of a third baseman. I Personally do not follow the national league but I heard them named in a few rumors at the deadline last year.

Anyone think they would be interested in Crede?? If so, who would you like to see (realistically) from them for him?

JermaineDye05
12-05-2007, 07:27 PM
If they're willing to give up a Matt Kemp or Delwyn Young I wouldn't mind, but since Joe is just coming off back surgery I'm still suspicious how much we can get for him before people see him on the field in ST.

btrain929
12-05-2007, 07:31 PM
If they're willing to give up a Matt Kemp or Delwyn Young I wouldn't mind, but since Joe is just coming off back surgery I'm still suspicious how much we can get for him before people see him on the field in ST.

I'm sure you wouldn't mind. Problem is: they didn't wanna give up Kemp for Santana or Cabrera. There might be a miniscule problem getting him for a package around Joe Crede. Our best hope is to throw Crede and 2 quality young arms at them for Broxton.

jsg-07
12-05-2007, 07:31 PM

Yeah, even if we have to wait until then, who knows. It just seems like they have back up plans at 3B (just looking at their roster) so they may be willing to gamble on Joe as an upgrade they are looking for??

Just a thought...

jsg-07
12-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm sure you wouldn't mind. Problem is: they didn't wanna give up Kemp for Santana or Cabrera. There might be a miniscule problem getting him for a package around Joe Crede. Our best hope is to throw Crede and 2 quality young arms at them for Broxton.

I wouldnt mind Crede for Broxton Straight up...or for Crede and a lower end prospect (not Gio, DLS, Floyd, Danks)

Sockinchisox
12-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Colletti said earlier today that he has no plans to trade Broxton in any deal.

Lukin13
12-05-2007, 07:54 PM
WS fans like Joe Crede. Hell, he is my favorite player.

He won a World Series here, he has a fantastic glove, and he is a clutch hitter.

Fans of other teams that are looking for a third baseman.... are not even thinking about, the possibility of thinking about, hoping for Joe Crede.

Are Sox fans looking for a new centerfielder that:

is a .250 hitter that is as slow as molasses in January,
has a horrendous OBP,
hasn't been healthy for 2+ years
and is coming off career threatening back surgery???????

I don't think so!

So why the hell would anyone want one as their third baseman??? Sure, Crede will get a shot somewhere if not here... but no fans really want him. I remember when people were saying the Yankees were gonna trade for Crede!? Ha! Yankee fans don't want Joe Crede... if they didn't re-up Arod they would have gotten Cabrera... Mike Lamb and Corey Koskie are available for free right now; and from a National viewpoint they are in the same ballpark as Crede. So, again no team is giving up anything worth a damn for Crede. Please stop the madness. If and when Crede is dealt it will be for a 19 year old A ball player OR a middle reliever that wasn't going to make the roster on the team he is on. That is all one year of Crede is worth right now. He is a give-a-way player. I don't know how to say this nicely but Nick Masset is more valuable as of today. Are there countless Nick Masset for (insert mlb ready outfield prospect) threads around?

Matt Kemp for Crede???! C'mon, now.

ThaSandman
12-05-2007, 10:31 PM
WS fans like Joe Crede. Hell, he is my favorite player.

He won a World Series here, he has a fantastic glove, and he is a clutch hitter.

Fans of other teams that are looking for a third baseman.... are not even thinking about, the possibility of thinking about, hoping for Joe Crede.

Are Sox fans looking for a new centerfielder that:

is a .250 hitter that is as slow as molasses in January,
has a horrendous OBP,
hasn't been healthy for 2+ years
and is coming off career threatening back surgery???????

I don't think so!

So why the hell would anyone want one as their third baseman??? Sure, Crede will get a shot somewhere if not here... but no fans really want him. I remember when people were saying the Yankees were gonna trade for Crede!? Ha! Yankee fans don't want Joe Crede... if they didn't re-up Arod they would have gotten Cabrera... Mike Lamb and Corey Koskie are available for free right now; and from a National viewpoint they are in the same ballpark as Crede. So, again no team is giving up anything worth a damn for Crede. Please stop the madness. If and when Crede is dealt it will be for a 19 year old A ball player OR a middle reliever that wasn't going to make the roster on the team he is on. That is all one year of Crede is worth right now. He is a give-a-way player. I don't know how to say this nicely but Nick Masset is more valuable as of today. Are there countless Nick Masset for (insert mlb ready outfield prospect) threads around?

Matt Kemp for Crede???! C'mon, now.

Thank you finally someone is making sense in this thread.

Paulwny
12-06-2007, 11:12 AM
I would think that Inge is now available for the Dodgers to look at.