PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!! TWins to get Haren...Santana To Mets!

AzureJazzMan
12-05-2007, 05:09 PM
As per www.mlbtraderumors.com (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com)...

(http://www.novo1.com/about/index.aspx?id=124)
Mets send Jose Reyes, Kevin Mulvey, and Hector Pellot to A's
A's send Bobby Crosby and Dan Johnson to Mets
A's send Dan Haren to Twins
Twins send Johan Santana to Mets
Mets get Johan Santana, Bobby Crosby and Dan Johnson
A's get Jose Reyes and Kevin Mulvey
Twins get Dan Haren and Hector Pellot (http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/P/Hector-Pellot.shtml)

Sockinchisox
12-05-2007, 05:10 PM
This is a rumor, theres really no backing to it.

Besides, it's mlbtraderumors.

getonbckthr
12-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Thats actually pretty even sensible. Then next season Minnesota doe i all over again with HAren.

AzureJazzMan
12-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Even still...The prospect of the Twins getting Haren and Pellot, and while losing Santana, helps them now and in the future. They wouldn't miss much of a beat at all.

getonbckthr
12-05-2007, 05:13 PM

They have actually gotten alot better than the good ole days of mlbtraderumors.

ShoelessJoeS
12-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Hmmmm... Santana to the Mets? I'd ****in love that!!! Although seeing Haren 5-6 times a year wouldn't be too pleasing.

MCHSoxFan
12-05-2007, 05:14 PM
No Santana in the AL...YEEESSS!!!!

:):supernana::bandance::bandance::supernana:

WhiteSox5187
12-05-2007, 05:15 PM
WHOA! I am shocked the Mets would give up Reyes (would they like Uribe??) and I thought the A's were supposed to be rebuilding??? I'm going to wait until this is confirmed before I lose my mind though.

Foulke You
12-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Hmmmm... Santana to the Mets? I'd ****in love that!!! Although seeing Haren 5-6 times a year wouldn't be too pleasing.
I'd much rather see Haren than Santana. The Sox offense wilts everytime Santana takes the mound. I pray this is true. I really didn't want an AL team to get Santana.

getonbckthr
12-05-2007, 05:19 PM
WHOA! I am shocked the Mets would give up Reyes (would they like Uribe??) and I thought the A's were supposed to be rebuilding??? I'm going to wait until this is confirmed before I lose my mind though.
Reyes is a good guy to rebuild around.

munchman33
12-05-2007, 05:21 PM
I'd be very glad to see Santana out of the AL altogether.

ShoelessJoeS
12-05-2007, 05:22 PM
I'd much rather see Haren than Santana. The Sox offense wilts everytime Santana takes the mound. I pray this is true. I really didn't want an AL team to get Santana.I agree, I agree, I agree, and I agree.

DSpivack
12-05-2007, 05:23 PM
How could you actually believe this? The Mets aren't trading Reyes.

spiffie
12-05-2007, 05:24 PM
How could you actually believe this? The Mets aren't trading Reyes.
I know I've seen his name brought up a few times as someone the Mets might be willing to move for Santana.

Paulwny
12-05-2007, 05:25 PM

Agree, the article says, " from a trusted NY sportswriter".
Why would a sports writer wish to remain anonymous ?

WizardsofOzzie
12-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I'd be very glad to see Santana out of the AL altogether.
Then we only have to worry about him when we make it to the World Series :D:

getonbckthr
12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Agree, the article says, " from a trusted NY sportswriter".
Why would a sports writer wish to remain anonymous ?
So he could get the lead again next time?

DSpivack
12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I know I've seen his name brought up a few times as someone the Mets might be willing to move for Santana.

By whom or what? Anything besides the joke that is mlbtraderumors? Everything I've seen says the opposite.

oeo
12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
There are a ton of reasons I don't think this will happen. The main one being, the Twins are getting ripped off. Haren is good, but he's not Santana...and all they get is a High A middle infielder with him?

Paulwny
12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
So he could get the lead again next time?

But, he doesn't get any recognition if he remains anonymous. These guys are looking for the big breaking story.

Over By There
12-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Doesn't Reyes still have an attractive contract? I can't believe the Mets would trade him for 1 year of Santana.

getonbckthr
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Doesn't Reyes still have an attractive contract? I can't believe the Mets would trade him for 1 year of Santana.
Who said it would be 1 season?

oeo
12-05-2007, 05:35 PM

They're not trading for just 1 year of Santana, though. They're also trading for exclusive negotiation rights to a 6, 7, 8 year contract.

russ99
12-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Reyes is a good guy to rebuild around.

Yeah, and he's not going to the Twins! Good news for the Sox.

Plus now that the Santana deal has gone down (i hope) then the Sox can start making deals.

spiffie
12-05-2007, 05:37 PM
There are a ton of reasons I don't think this will happen. The main one being, the Twins are getting ripped off. Haren is good, but he's not Santana...and all they get is a High A middle infielder with him?
It makes a certain degree of sense if they think they can compete this year. If they do then by getting Haren they basically get to compete this season with a stud pitcher, and still be able to flip that pitcher for prospects at some point.

I don't really agree with the move, as it looked like the Red Sox were offering a better package, but maybe the Twins feel like they're not ready to go into full rebuild mode.

Of course, this is all likely bull****, so who knows?

hi im skot
12-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Calm down, folks...this is still a rumor.

JermaineDye05
12-05-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't really agree with the move, as it looked like the Red Sox were offering a better package, but maybe the Twins feel like they're not ready to go into full rebuild mode.

I think a reason for not trading with the Red Sox was to not create a juggernaut of a team. They probably felt that if they want to compete they can't strengthen the WS champions rotation with a Johan Santana, by trading him to the NL they won't have to worry about him. That is of course if they happen to cross paths in the world series.

I for one really hope this is true, Santana is out of the AL and the Red Sox don't get stronger.

VenturaFan23
Mets send Jose Reyes, Kevin Mulvey, and Hector Pellot to A's

Ugh, I don't want my cousin going to the A's

getonbckthr
Yeah, and he's not going to the Twins! Good news for the Sox.

Plus now that the Santana deal has gone down (i hope) the Sox can start making deals.
So if Santana is worth HAren and a prospect what would Vazquez be worth?

oeo
12-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Calm down, folks...this is still a rumor.

Yeah, for all we know the Tigers could come in from nowhere and snag him. ****ers.

Over By There
12-05-2007, 05:44 PM
They're not trading for just 1 year of Santana, though. They're also trading for exclusive negotiation rights to a 6, 7, 8 year contract.

I didn't follow the link - the assumption is that the deal goes through only if a long-term contract is reached? Unless I'm missing something, he's only under contract through '08, right?

Zisk77
12-05-2007, 06:01 PM
LOL reyes to the A's. Ok, Jose no more stolen bases. We just want walks and hr's.

Foulke You
12-05-2007, 06:09 PM
LOL reyes to the A's. Ok, Jose no more stolen bases. We just want walks and hr's.
I was thinking the same thing. Jose's speed would be wasted in Oakland. Unless of course, Beane planned on spinning Reyes to some other team for prospects. I'd love to have Reyes on the Sox.

KRS1
12-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I really really really really really........ don't see this trade happening.

Domeshot17
12-05-2007, 06:19 PM
mlbtraderumors reporting this means haren and santana are both on the verge of signing long term deals with their respective teams.

Ika
12-05-2007, 06:58 PM
No dice. From mlbtraderumors.com:

Billy Beane, who rarely comments on trade rumors, actually went out of his way to call mine below a "total fabrication." (http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/wm/archives/2007/12/3-way_deal_a_to.html) I guess I should be proud, right? It sounds like I was the victim of an elaborate hoax/impersonated sportswriter. If so I apologize - not sure why someone would go to such lengths, but lesson learned.

oeo
12-05-2007, 07:10 PM
I didn't follow the link - the assumption is that the deal goes through only if a long-term contract is reached? Unless I'm missing something, he's only under contract through '08, right?

Yes.

The idea is, you sign him to a long term extension sometime this year. Since he would be a Met, only the Mets can negotiate with him. So if they get a long term deal done, it's giving up Reyes for 6-8 years of the best pitcher in the game, not just one.

If they don't sign him to an extension (or any team, for that matter), it's a complete waste. But you go into the deal with the idea that you are going to get a long term deal done.