PDA

View Full Version : Trib projected that the white sox will come in last place

polishsoxfan23
12-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey did anyone read the Trib this moring? The Trib projected that the White Sox will come in last place(Tigers 1st, Indains 2nd, Twins 3rd, Royals 4th).
I didnt agree with it at all, I projected them to be in at least third when the season ends. What place do you think the white sox will finish in?

JermaineDye05
12-05-2007, 03:58 PM
I don't know it's only December 5, it's a little early to be making those predictions. I do think the Sox will at the very least get by the Royals.

The Milkman
12-05-2007, 03:59 PM
That article didn't even deserve a reading....It's December 5th!!! You should light the paper on fire and send the ashes back to the Trib.

WhiteSox5187
12-05-2007, 04:03 PM
That article didn't even deserve a reading....It's December 5th!!! You should light the paper on fire and send the ashes back to the Trib.
Yea, that'll teach 'em! Spend money on their product and THEN burn it!

Who knows what will happen? If the season started tommorrow, I would be very worried. It's December 5th though, there is still time to fix this team, it will be awfully hard work and Kenny better get to it pretty quick.

SBSoxFan
12-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey did anyone read the Trib this moring? The Trib projected that the White Sox will come in last place(Tigers 1st, Indains 2nd, Twins 3rd, Royals 4th).
I didnt agree with it at all, I projected them to be in at least third when the season ends. What place do you think the white sox will finish in?

I don't know it's only December 5, it's a little early to be making those predictions. I do think the Sox will at the very least get by the Royals.

Those "predictions" are on a daily basis, i.e., as of December 5, and are subject to change. It says right in the graphic that if the Twins trade Santana and Nathan, then they would be last.

Now, whether the article is worth reading is a whole other topic ...

skottyj242
12-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Yea, that'll teach 'em! Spend money on their product and THEN burn it!

Who knows what will happen? If the season started tommorrow, I would be very worried. It's December 5th though, there is still time to fix this team, it will be awfully hard work and Kenny better get to it pretty quick.

No, he meant to say, take on light it on fire then throw is back in the honor box.

CHIsoxNation
12-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me?

ShoelessJoeS
12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
We're Doomed!!

dwalteroo
12-05-2007, 04:12 PM
More BS from the Cubune...

cws05champ
12-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I predict we finish in 7th place....hey maybe I should inquire about a job at the Trib?

:chickenlittle

VeeckAsInWreck
12-05-2007, 04:22 PM
The Tigers get Cabrera and Willis and now all hell has broken loose around here. There is nothing but negativity all around.

With that being said, who cares what the Trib thinks. The Tigers are going to be fielding a fantasy team, however that doesn't translate into championships. Look at the Yankees. They got Randy Johnson and A-Rod and all these other all-stars and how many championships have they won since 2000?

The answer is ZERO.

Anything can happen next year, let's just see what our roster looks like when Spring Training begins before we start to worry about what the team looks like on December 5th.

voodoochile
12-05-2007, 04:24 PM
We're Doomed!!

Doomed, Chuckie... DOOOMED!!!

Ah man, I miss the Rugrats...

Risk
12-05-2007, 04:26 PM
I knew it would be just a matter of time before the Cubune would come with an article predicting a last place finish for the White Sox in December. But hey, clearly it is the bastion of journalistic integrity when it comes to predicting outcomes of games that have yet to be played. The Cubune has been predicting for years that their "lovable" Cubbies would win World Championship after World Championship.

Whats next, thread upon thread of pant pissing since the Sox didn't acquire another third baseman which they probably didn't have a chance of acquiring in the first place? Oh wait... (Teal implied for the arm chair GMs who in their infinite wisdom can't decipher sarcasm)

Risk

ChiSoxPatF
12-05-2007, 04:27 PM
JSG-07, you made my day. :gulp:

jsg-07
12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
JSG-07, you made my day. :gulp:

Thanks..

Sorry to the mods too, I deleted it when i realized the size of that picture.

jsg-07
12-05-2007, 04:31 PM
In my best Ron Burgundy Voice....

"Go **** Yourself Tribune"

munchman33
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Um...

Honestly people. As of now, we'd probably finish last. We almost did last year. Everyone around us is getting better, especially the Tigers and Royals. I don't see a bias. They print this kind of stuff every year at this time.

doublem23
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Everyone knows Phil Rogers has never been wrong.

jsg-07
12-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Um...

Honestly people. As of now, we'd probably finish last. We almost did last year. Everyone around us is getting better, especially the Tigers and Royals. I don't see a bias. They print this kind of stuff every year at this time.

Who's to say we are not going to get better?? Still a while to go before the season starts.

Goose
12-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Who's to say we are not going to get better?? Still a while to go before the season starts.

The point is, as of December 5th, we are a bad team with no help in the immediate future. So what. It does not mean we will not get better, but it does not mean that we will either. We are a bad team right now and save the chicken littles, et al. Will we finish last? I don't know and no one else does either, including the Trib. Is it out of the question based on today's landscape? Not at all.

WhiteSox5187
12-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I agree with you 110%, if today were March 30th, i'd be horrified and predict a last place finish. But on December fifth, i haven't even started to think about baseball in earnest (that's a lie).

WizardsofOzzie
12-05-2007, 04:42 PM
SHOCKING!! :o:. Can't wait to see their prediction for the Cubs!

munchman33
12-05-2007, 04:45 PM

You're missing my point. It isn't based on what might happen. Those predictions are based on right now. Just like they are when they publish them every winter meetings.

ShoelessJoeS
12-05-2007, 04:48 PM
You're missing my point. It isn't based on what might happen. Those predictions are based on right now. Just like they are when they publish them every winter meetings.And as of right now, we are a better team than last year.

Chicken Dinner
12-05-2007, 04:51 PM
When I was in Laughlin last weekend we were 55/1 to win the WS.

MCHSoxFan
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
The Tigers get Cabrera and Willis and now all hell has broken loose around here. There is nothing but negativity all around.

With that being said, who cares what the Trib thinks. The Tigers are going to be fielding a fantasy team, however that doesn't translate into championships. Look at the Yankees. They got Randy Johnson and A-Rod and all these other all-stars and how many championships have they won since 2000?

The answer is ZERO.

Anything can happen next year, let's just see what our roster looks like when Spring Training begins before we start to worry about what the team looks like on December 5th.

I totally agree with that statement. People and BOTH newspapers (Sun-Times/Trib) are saying the Sox will be bad and they are doing nothing to really improve themselves. You know, the same crap we read/hear EVERY SEASON!!! :angry:

FYI- And if you guys thought the Trib was bad, read the Sun-Times today. NOT JUST Marriotti's article. ALL of the writers. :angry:

MCHSoxFan
12-05-2007, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=WizardsofOzzie;1739712]Can't wait to see their prediction for the Cubs!

Regular Season: 162-0 :D:.

Postseason: 11-0 :D:.

jsg-07
12-05-2007, 05:10 PM
You're missing my point. It isn't based on what might happen. Those predictions are based on right now. Just like they are when they publish them every winter meetings.

Oh I understand, and that was not an attack at you. My whole point though (and I think the point of a lot of the posters here) is that it is ridiculous to have an article in the trib at all predictions finishes when it is only Dec. 5th.

As of right now... yeah we suck compared to our division. However, I personally dont think we will later.

The trib just saw a chance to kick the Sox while they were down and took it and ran with it.

MCHSoxFan
12-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Oh I understand, and that was not an attack at you. My whole point though (and I think the point of a lot of the posters here) is that it is ridiculous to have an article in the trib at all predictions finishes when it is only Dec. 5th.

As of right now... yeah we suck compared to our division. However, I personally dont think we will later.

The trib just saw a chance to kick the Sox while they were down and took it and ran with it.

More great points. I think we will get better. I also think the Trib will bother the White Sox as much as they want and when they want.

munchman33
12-05-2007, 05:19 PM

No, they really do do this every year at the winter meetings. And every year we pretty much have this same conversation.

asindc
12-05-2007, 05:23 PM

Based on right now, I predict that a man will be elected President in 2012. Honestly, why do we waste bandwidth on this??

champagne030
12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
And as of right now, we are a better team than last year.

Debatable. Big upgrade at SS and setup man. Gigantic downgrade in our starting staff. Maybe a slight overall addition by subtraction because of who we released. The Royals have improved since last season too.

AZChiSoxFan
12-05-2007, 06:15 PM

Well, we barely beat them out last year and it appears that they will be better next year and the Sox won't.

gogosox16
12-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Well, we barely beat them out last year and it appears that they will be better next year and the Sox won't.
You know what that means, We will get a top 5 draft pick next year most likey:bandance:

AZChiSoxFan
12-06-2007, 10:02 AM
You know what that means, We will get a top 5 draft pick next year most likey:bandance:

Great. That of course means that we won't draft the 5th best player in the draft because he will be represented by Boras. :rolleyes: So KW will draft the 30th best player available and continue to wonder why the farm system sucks.

SBSoxFan
12-06-2007, 02:41 PM
No, they really do do this every year at the winter meetings. And every year we pretty much have this same conversation.

I guess you're wasting your time, munchman. Either people can't comprehend what they read or they love to jump to conclusions.

guillen4life13
12-06-2007, 05:40 PM

The answer is ZERO.

Of course anything could happen. The Devil Rays (or now just the Rays I guess) could win the World Series. I'm willing to reserve some judgment until spring training, but I echo earlier thoughts: he has an incredible amount of work cut out for himself between now and opening day.

My current opinion? The Chicago White Sox, for the next couple of years are going to be like the Blue Jays have been for a while. Even if they field a good, competitive team they aren't going to make the playoffs because the intra-divisional competition is that fierce.

I know the Yanks haven't won a WS since 2000. But they've given themselves good shots by getting into the playoffs and winning no less than 94 games in a season since that '00 WS.

Of course, there's always that novel idea of the White Sox missing the playoffs but still winning the World Series...

Those arguments don't prove anything and have more holes than the Sox have as of December 6, 2007.

MarySwiss
12-06-2007, 06:55 PM
When I was in Laughlin last weekend we were 55/1 to win the WS.
Oh, hell! I probably won't get there for a bit, but I would have dropped half-a-hundred on that without thinking twice!

Sure we sucked last year. But how many of those suckfests involved bullpen implosions? (And I should know; I recapped a bunch of them!) Linebrink is an upgrade. And I prefer to think that last year's MacDougal was an aberration. And that Thornton will be better this year also.

I don't think we were as bad as our record showed last year, and I think we'll contend this year.

So there.

Jurr
12-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Snore. All "upgrades" could be injured or slump-ridden by June. All 'question marks' could become great players if given a prolonged shot.

If forecasting was as easy as checking the transaction wire and plugging that player's numbers into a team's lineup, nobody would watch sports.

Look at the '05 Tigers. Hey...they were almost the EXACT same team as the '06 Tigers. What happened? Well, Jim Leyland came in and put the guys in a good frame of mind. This led to an astronomical turnaround with pretty much the same group as the previous year. Why?