PDA

View Full Version : Frick finalists announced

Fenway
12-05-2007, 09:47 AM
It looks like the late Joe Nuxhall will be a lock to win the award this year

The finalists

Joe Nuxhall (82,304 fan votes), Bill King (7,659) and Joe Morgan (6,065) earned spots on the ballot through the online vote, which took place exclusively at www.baseballhall.org (http://www.baseballhall.org/), the online home of the Museum. The three fan selections will be joined by broadcasters Tom Cheek, Ken Coleman, Dizzy Dean, Tony Kubek, Graham McNamee, Dave Niehaus and Dave Van Horne, who were selected by a research committee from the Cooperstown-based museum. The winner of the 2008 Frick Award will be announced Feb. 19

Who the hell voted for Joe Morgan????

I would love to see the late Ken Coleman get in...fine broadcaster for the Red Sox and Reds and was the longtime voice of the Cleveland Browns as well.

Bill King of the A's was a great broadcaster as well and a complete nut off the field.

Dave Van Horne was the english voice of the Expos and now does the Marlins and is very, very good.

russ99
12-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Who the hell voted for Joe Morgan????

:D: Joe was one hell of a baseball player, but one awful broadcaster.

PKalltheway
12-05-2007, 03:41 PM
There were a lot of people in Cincy voting for Joe Nuxhall. They were campaigning for him on the news, and almost everywhere you would go. I, for one, voted for him, and I am happy to see that he's one of the finalists.:smile:

I just hope that the same people here who voted for "the ol' Left Hander" didn't vote for Joe Morgan. I definitely voted for Nuxhall, Hawk, and Jon Miller (hey, I like him on Sunday Night Baseball). If Reds fans wanted to vote for another one of their own, they should have voted for Al Michaels.