:happybday

ViPeRx007
12-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Yay....

Martinigirl
12-04-2007, 09:54 PM
by a wide margin

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/transactions/trades/analysis

Shhhh, don't tell anyone. It is so much more fun to say that Kenny is an idiot with no credibility.

CLR01
12-04-2007, 09:56 PM
We have an echo, hooray...:rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM
We have an echo, hooray...:rolleyes:

I spearhead all the mighty initiatives.

WhiteSox5187
12-04-2007, 10:13 PM
I like the trades he's made, but I'm going to wait until the season at least starts before I say "Oh, this is a good trade, this is a bad trade." If Garland wins twenty games and Cabrera doesn't hit his weight, it's a bad trade. Now, if Garland wins twenty games and Carbrera has a season like he did last year, it's STILL a damn good trade.

ChiSoxFan35
12-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Who cares, you can't judge it, and you'd all be blasting if the article said something else. You can view each trade a lot of ways. Wow, another injury prone guy in our OF. So what if no one knows who our prospect is, just like so many people didn't know Chris Young. This guy was our top ranked position position player.

We built a championship on pitching. Carl Everett and AJ Pierzynski used to be freaking 3-4 hitters. Now we send a pitching asset for our least important hole, SS. Oh, we add a #2 hitter, we had that with Iguchi too. Will there be crying when the 3-5 spots in a rotation have ERAs bordering 6?

Point, it's ridiculous to declare a winner now.

thomas35forever
12-04-2007, 10:56 PM
KW 2-0? The end is nigh! Seek shelter immediately!

AJ Hellraiser
12-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Shhhh, don't tell anyone. It is so much more fun to say that Kenny is an idiot with no credibility.

People aren't saying he doesn't know what he's doing in trades.... I am a supporter of KW through thick and thin and always find a positive in his trades....

Where people, myself included, are having issues is the fact that he has lost out on 2 BIG names to stay competitive with the big boyz in the AL...

Orlando Cabrera is a nice pickup, but only if he's hitting No. 2 behind a good leadoff man.... Sure, Quentin might finally pan out... but he also might not, which is why he was acquired so cheap... he is no lock to find success...

The fact of the matter is that while teams that are already better than the SOX are taking leaps to improve, KW has only taken baby steps thus far....

Now, he is working at a disadvantage because a heckuva lot needs to be done for the SOX to compete in 2008 and pretty soon it might be wise for him to simply focus on 2010 and beyond...

fquaye149
12-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Kenny is indeed excellent with transactions

If only he would put the same effort into his farm system, and maybe we would have had the pieces needed to keep Cabrera away from the Tigers

fquaye149
12-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Who cares, you can't judge it, and you'd all be blasting if the article said something else. You can view each trade a lot of ways. Wow, another injury prone guy in our OF. So what if no one knows who our prospect is, just like so many people didn't know Chris Young. This guy was our top ranked position position player.

We built a championship on pitching. Carl Everett and AJ Pierzynski used to be freaking 3-4 hitters. Now we send a pitching asset for our least important hole, SS. Oh, we add a #2 hitter, we had that with Iguchi too. Will there be crying when the 3-5 spots in a rotation have ERAs bordering 6?

Point, it's ridiculous to declare a winner now.

You act like that 2005 team didn't score runs.

And frankly the way you twist the facts to make it seem like Carl and AJ were 3 and 4 in a lineup is a little preposterous....don't be misleading. IF your point stands up it will stand up under the scrutiny of facts

Domeshot17
12-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Kenny is indeed excellent with transactions

If only he would put the same effort into his farm system, and maybe we would have had the pieces needed to keep Cabrera away from the Tigers

DING DING DING DING DING!!!

We are so soft in our drafting

Broadway was a safe pick... Matt Garza drafted after him just got dealt for Delmon Young could have been a big piece in a deal or in our rotation, Ellsbury is overhyped hard, but he went after Broadway too and has 30x the trade value. 2006 we draft Kyle Mcculloch, who is so bad he isn't even to be found on our top 10 prospect lists anymore, which is hard to do as a 'polished college pitcher' taken in the first round. But Yah, after him goes Joba, I bet he could help, and Massterson, another key cog in the Johan Santana derby.

2004 is debatable, Fields looks like a rising star at 25 years old, but Phillip Hughes was taken after him and usually pitching trumps hitting, this is a coin flip. 2003 we took Brian Anderson, notables after him include Quentin at 29, Chad Cordero, Connor Jackson, Brandon Wood, Chad Billingsly. Its not even so much where you pick but how. I know prospects are crapshoots, but we are so bad at drafting its unreal. This year Poreda looks good thus far, but if Porcello becomes a top flight starter for Detroit he will have to match that again.

Frater Perdurabo
12-05-2007, 06:03 AM
DING DING DING DING DING!!!

We are so soft in our drafting

OK. It's fair to be critical of the Sox minor league production. But it hasn't been terrible, either. Recently the Sox have produced McCarthy (Danks), Fields and Young (Vazquez). Cunningham yielded Richar. Carter yielded Quentin. While none of them likely are future HOF-ers, they are promising young players.

It's absolutely insane to blame KW, as many are doing, for the fact that the Tigers gave up a bigger, better package for Cabrera and Willis.

To some dark clouds, KW is not only responsible for not improving the Sox, but he's also responsible for strengthening other teams?

:kukoo:

kittle42
12-05-2007, 06:20 AM
Kenny's two trades may put him at 2-0. Unfortunately, it will still take more than that to catch up to the Injuns and Tiggers.

We have more time...c'mon KW....

fquaye149
12-05-2007, 07:21 AM
OK. It's fair to be critical of the Sox minor league production. But it hasn't been terrible, either. Recently the Sox have produced McCarthy (Danks), Fields and Young (Vazquez). Cunningham yielded Richar. Carter yielded Quentin. While none of them likely are future HOF-ers, they are promising young players.

It's absolutely insane to blame KW, as many are doing, for the fact that the Tigers gave up a bigger, better package for Cabrera and Willis.

To some dark clouds, KW is not only responsible for not improving the Sox, but he's also responsible for strengthening other teams?

:kukoo:

because we've produced 5 or 6 serviceable major leaguers in the past 5 years, our system is adequate?

Right now, we have maybe ONE prospect who would be considered among the top 50 prospects in baseball. After that it's a real quick dropoff. What do we have beyond Gio that other teams are going to be salivating over in our minor league system?

This is a huge problem. Kenny's a great GM from a wheeling and dealing standpoint (imo) but our farm system is very very fallow and has been for a while.

Not to mention most of the players you mentioned haven't actually been good at the MLB level, but have merely netted us trade value. That's all well and good and kudos to Kenny for that, but after years of trading prospects that haven't amounted to anything after being hyped (Jeremy Reed, Royce Ring, Brandon McCarthy anyone?) by our system, I would guess many GMs' opinion of our farm system is changing for the worse...

skottyj242
12-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Superbad came out on digital video disk yesterday.

kitekrazy
12-05-2007, 11:38 AM
If Garland wins twenty games and Cabrera doesn't hit his weight, it's a bad trade. Now, if Garland wins twenty games and Carbrera has a season like he did last year, it's STILL a damn good trade.

I doubt Garland will ever win 20. I think he's a career .500 pitcher who had two good seasons. He falls far from the definition of "ace".

slavko
12-05-2007, 11:46 AM
I doubt Garland will ever win 20. I think he's a career .500 pitcher who had two good seasons. He falls far from the definition of "ace".

I agree. But he's a good guy to have around in case your "ace" decides to go out to lunch for half a season.

soxfanreggie
12-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Nats definitely took some risks bringing in Dukes and Milledge, but they have the potential to be a force to be reckon with if they utilize their talent and keep their noses clean.

Jon had a 4.23 ERA last year and was 10-13. The two years he had 18 wins, he had a 3.50 and 4.51 ERA. Imagine what would have happened last year if MB the run support (he was 10-9) that Garland did when he had 18 wins with a 4.51 ERA. Can show the vast importance of run support because you don't need to have a great ERA to come close to 20 wins.