PDA

View Full Version : Coach Erstad?

rowand33
12-04-2007, 10:20 PM
from ESPN.com:

9:56 p.m., from Peter Gammons
If Darin Erstad doesn't find a job that suits him, there is word that he could return to the University of Nebraska, his alma mater, and be an assistant coach for the football team. A punter in college, Erstad was part of the Cornhuskers' 1994 national championship squad and remains one of Tom Osborne's favorite players.

He'll teach those kids how to grind out some first downs.

RowanDye
12-04-2007, 10:23 PM
from ESPN.com:

This is about the only thing that makes sense right now. I'm taking a break from WSI for a few days, hopefully some of the crazy wears off...

drewcifer
12-04-2007, 10:31 PM

Like only a punter for Nebraska can.

God speed, sir.

CLR01
12-04-2007, 10:36 PM
He'll be the best damn coach I ever saw. I still think he should go build a house on the summit of Everest and live there for a few years before returning to the Sox and leading them to another championship.

FedEx227
12-04-2007, 11:03 PM
He'll be the best damn coach I ever saw. I still think he should go build a house on the summit of Everest and live there for a few years before returning to the Sox and leading them to another 12 championships.

Fixed it for ya.

DSpivack
12-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Too bad punter is among the few positions the Bears don't need.

soxfanreggie
12-05-2007, 12:51 AM
He's already an icon there. I can only imagine what he could do as an asst./assoc. AD of Major Gifts.

CLR01
12-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Too bad punter is among the few positions the Bears don't need.

Being a true grinder Ersty can play any position on the field, some at the same time. He was only stuck at punter because his coaches and the NCAA were worried about the kind of damage he could do if he was allowed to load up and hit someone.

Chez
12-05-2007, 09:34 AM
He'll blow out his ankle on a recruiting trip or fund-raising event.

SOXPHILE
12-05-2007, 10:17 AM
And remember what the N on the Nebraska helmet stands for.....

....Knowledge

DSpivack
12-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Being a true grinder Ersty can play any position on the field, some at the same time. He was only stuck at punter because his coaches and the NCAA were worried about the kind of damage he could do if he was allowed to load up and hit someone.

So because this 'Ersty' can play any position, as long as you have him on the team, all the pieces are in place. :bandance: