PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Sports Net to re-air Sox games

chisoxmike
12-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Well, just like in '05, Comcast SportsNet is going to re air some lone gems this year...

Dec.16, noon: 8/8 vs Indians (Extras walk off)
Dec 25th, noon: 9/15 vs. Angels (Thome 500th)
Dec. 25th, 7pm: 4/16 vs. Rangers (Buehrle no hitter)

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=59465

:rolleyes:

Palehose Pete
12-04-2007, 07:23 PM
The population of good games was pretty damn small this season, but these three are beauts. Besides, I was in San Fran the night Mark threw his no-hitter, so I couldn't watch it.

itsnotrequired
12-04-2007, 07:30 PM
These games only look good in HD. Too bad, Mike...

veeter
12-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Well, just like in '05, Comcast SportsNet is going to re air some lone gems this year...

Dec.16, noon: 8/8 vs Indians (Extras walk off)
Dec 25th, noon: 9/15 vs. Angels (Thome 500th)
Dec. 25th, 7pm: 4/16 vs. Rangers (Buehrle no hitter)

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=59465

:rolleyes:Now this is good news.

Lip Man 1
12-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Unfortunately even though these are replays, if you are out of the Chicago market they will be 'blacked out...'

Smooth move there MLB!

Lip

nccwsfan
12-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Unfortunately even though these are replays, if you are out of the Chicago market they will be 'blacked out...'

Smooth move there MLB!

Lip

Does someone know the legalese reason for doing this? Missing out on a live game I can understand, but a reply of a game from 6-8 months ago??? And how come some regional networks don't black out their replay games (examples I can think of are TB, FLA, MIN, LAD)?

DSpivack
12-04-2007, 08:08 PM

Smooth move there MLB!

Lip

Are they being blacked out or just aired on CSN Chicago?

chisoxmike
12-04-2007, 08:11 PM
These games only look good in HD. Too bad, Mike...

I know. The Sox and Bulls games on Comcast SportsNet only come in on my TV scrambled and are unwatchable on my non-HD TV. Shame for sure.

How do I go on?

Lip Man 1
12-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Spivak:

They are aired over Comcast everywhere, however if you don't live in the Chicago market and get them over either Dish Network or DirecTV they will be blacked out.

NCC:

I was talking about this last week with D.J. Margolis, the affliate director and marketing director for Comcast. She wishes either all games would be blacked out or none of them. It would make her job she said a lot easier.

I asked the same question you did...why are some regional stations more prone to allowing replays to be shown, NESN, MSG, MASN, Fox Sports New York to name a few and she said it was based on basically an 'owner's mentality,' i.e. "I'll run my station (or team) any damn way I please and who are you to tell me what I can or can't do."

Apparently the respective sports leagues are either powerless to stop the practice or don't care enough to get into a fight over it, that's all I can tell you.

Lip

soxyess
12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Why we know the outcome?

Brian26
12-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Why we know the outcome?

I want to see the magic of the 8/8/07 Uribe walkoff again.

chisoxmike
12-04-2007, 08:36 PM
I want to see the magic of the 8/8/07 Uribe walkoff again.

:hawk
"STONE PONY!"

itsnotrequired
12-04-2007, 09:29 PM
I know. The Sox and Bulls games on Comcast SportsNet only come in on my TV scrambled and are unwatchable on my non-HD TV. Shame for sure.

How do I go on?

You should hook up with Dump and watch some over-the-air TV while using dial-up internet and drinking Crystal Pepsi. We all pine for the good ol' days. Now let's all call a dog.

DumpJerry
12-04-2007, 09:35 PM
I already have Mark's game on my Tivo and the 8th inning on of Thome's. They are fun to watch!

TheCommander
12-04-2007, 11:10 PM
You should hook up with Dump and watch some over-the-air TV while using dial-up internet and drinking Crystal Pepsi. We all pine for the good ol' days. Now let's all call a dog.

:rolling:

DSpivack
12-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Spivak:

They are aired over Comcast everywhere, however if you don't live in the Chicago market and get them over either Dish Network or DirecTV they will be blacked out.

NCC:

I was talking about this last week with D.J. Margolis, the affliate director and marketing director for Comcast. She wishes either all games would be blacked out or none of them. It would make her job she said a lot easier.

I asked the same question you did...why are some regional stations more prone to allowing replays to be shown, NESN, MSG, MASN, Fox Sports New York to name a few and she said it was based on basically an 'owner's mentality,' i.e. "I'll run my station (or team) any damn way I please and who are you to tell me what I can or can't do."

Apparently the respective sports leagues are either powerless to stop the practice or don't care enough to get into a fight over it, that's all I can tell you.

Lip

That's insane, but not really all that surprising. Anyway, glad I'll be home then.