PDA

View Full Version : Hahaha!

Unregistered
04-17-2002, 01:03 PM
From the Daily Herald:

Actress Tawny Kitaen is featured prominently in the song's video.

Kitaen is the wife of Cleveland pitcher Chuck Finley, who started against the Sox on Tuesday night.

On April 1, Kitaen was arrested in Southern California and charged with spousal abuse and battery against Finley.

Personally, i feel pretty bad for Finley. But still, bonus points for the execution....

VeeckAsInWreck
04-17-2002, 01:15 PM
Hey I think that the P.A. guys at Comiskey read these posts! Mad props to DrCrawdad he asked for it and he recieved! :smile:
read for yourself!http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9046&pagenumber=1

voodoochile
04-17-2002, 01:19 PM
I wonder if that will get the PA guy in trouble. Whenever they have done something like that in the past, it has ended up being trouble for the PA person...

Seem to remember an incident from a few years ago, where the guy got fired or at least in major trouble for playing a song of questionable taste when a guy with personal problems came up to bat... Anyone remember what I am referring to?

cheeses_h_rice
04-17-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I wonder if that will get the PA guy in trouble. Whenever they have done something like that in the past, it has ended up being trouble for the PA person...

Seem to remember an incident from a few years ago, where the guy got fired or at least in major trouble for playing a song of questionable taste when a guy with personal problems came up to bat... Anyone remember what I am referring to?

I think it was something possibly offensive to Asians? I halfway remember it -- I think it was at a minor league park last year.

Iwritecode
04-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

"I love you, You love me..."

:barney&sham

Unregistered
04-17-2002, 01:32 PM
Oh right, i vaguely remember someone in the minors playing "kung fu fighting" when some asian dude came to bat...i think they had problems with the guy anyway, but that sent them over the edge...

i also remember back when jeter was dating mariah carey all the PA guys would play her songs when he'd come to bat, and that being one of the "distractions" that became the reason he dumped her...

VeeckAsInWreck
04-17-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I think it was something possibly offensive to Asians? I halfway remember it -- I think it was at a minor league park last year.

Yeah, It was last year in the minors, sCrUB prospect Hee Sop Choi was batting and the PA guys played "Kung Fu Fighting"

Iwritecode
04-17-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Wasn't it that Asian 1st base prospect (sorry, I can never remember his name) that the Cubs have? I can't remember the song but I think it was played when he came up to bat...

Iwritecode
04-17-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck

Yeah, It was last year in the minors, sCrUB prospect Hee Sop Choi was batting and the PA guys played "Kung Fu Fighting"

DING DING DING!! We have a winner!

I was close... :D:

VeeckAsInWreck
04-17-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

DING DING DING!! We have a winner!

I was close... :D:

Thanks what do I win? :smile:

Next time Finley pitches at Comiskey I think the PA guys you should play "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me".....or do you guys have other selections in mind?

cheeses_h_rice
04-17-2002, 01:43 PM

Next time Finley pitches at Comiskey I think the PA guys you should play "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me".....or do you guys have other selections in mind?

"Hurts So Good."

moochpuppy
04-17-2002, 01:48 PM

"Beat It"

Unregistered
04-17-2002, 01:49 PM

"Hit Me Baby One More Time"
"Kick Out The Jams"
"My Wife is a Friggen Psycho Named Tawny" (not sure who sings that one)

moochpuppy
04-17-2002, 01:52 PM

"Love Hurts"

Paulwny
04-17-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
i also remember back when jeter was dating mariah carey all the PA guys would play her songs when he'd come to bat, and that being one of the "distractions" that became the reason he dumped her...

I heard on one of the yankmee broadcasts that the yankmee players , if they want, can have the pa guys play the music they want as they come to bat.

Mathew
04-17-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

I heard on one of the yankmee broadcasts that the yankmee players , if they want, can have the pa guys play the music they want as they come to bat.

The Blue Jays batters all have theme songs that they pick. I was pretty funny because last year the first 8 batters all played rap songs(Nelly and stuff) but when Darrin Fletcher came up he played the Red Hot Chilly Peppers, it was pretty easy to spot the white boy.

Randar68
04-17-2002, 03:04 PM
From the Daily Herald:

Actress Tawny Kitaen is featured prominently in the song's video.

Kitaen is the wife of Cleveland pitcher Chuck Finley, who started against the Sox on Tuesday night.

On April 1, Kitaen was arrested in Southern California and charged with spousal abuse and battery against Finley.

Personally, i feel pretty bad for Finley. But still, bonus points for the execution....

This was hillarious! I heard the song, and a couple seconds later, my friend started cracking up and told me what it was. I wouldn't have recognized it, but as soon as he said it, we were just about on the floor laughing!

Procol Harum
04-17-2002, 03:11 PM

"Hit Me With Your Best Shot"
"Sock It To Me-Baby!"
"Evil Woman"
"Don't Do Me Like That"
"You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet"

Mathew
04-17-2002, 03:12 PM
We have a PA for our teams home games here in Canmore and the Japanese Player on our team, plays Kung fu Fighting everytime he comes to the plate, he picked it. The Guy we have from Atlanta naturally play Crazy Train and so on, people need to take themselves less seriously.

Unregistered
04-17-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
We have a PA for our teams home games here in Canmore and the Japanese Player on our team, plays Kung fu Fighting everytime he comes to the plate, he picked it. The Guy we have from Atlanta naturally play Crazy Train and so on, people need to take themselves less seriously.

well i guess it's one thing if you pick your OWN music and decide on something to represent your ethnicity or whatever, but as soon as some PA dude who doesn't even know you decides that since you're asian you need to be introduced with "kung foo fighting" it causes problems.

i mean, i guess i can see it. just cause you're hispanic it doesnt mean you want "guantanamera" blasting from the speakers every time you step up to the plate...

Mathew
04-17-2002, 03:51 PM

well i guess it's one thing if you pick your OWN music and decide on something to represent your ethnicity or whatever, but as soon as some PA dude who doesn't even know you decides that since you're asian you need to be introduced with "kung foo fighting" it causes problems.

i mean, i guess i can see it. just cause you're hispanic it doesnt mean you want "guantanamera" blasting from the speakers every time you step up to the plate...

What I'm trying to say is that, you don't have to take offence to things that really aren't motivated by hate or malice. Was the PA guy playing that because he hates all Asians or because he thought it was funny, if it offended the player you stop doing it, lesson learned, otherwise why can the guy for it.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-18-2002, 04:05 AM
Great suggestions guys! I hope the PA guys take notice of this! Of course I wouldn't wish Mr.Finley's situation on any of you! Unless you enjoy being beat up by Tawny Kitaen! However I don't think anyone has wished for that since 1987! :smile:

:woo-woo
"I'll let you beat me up for a dollar!"

Spiff
04-18-2002, 07:08 AM
The guy is driving and his wife starts kicking him with high heels. What is he supposed to do, stop the car and beat the hell out of her? He's between a rock and a hard place. His wife obviously has problems, and fighting back wouldn't have helped anything. I give him credit for handling it how he has.

Moses_Scurry
04-18-2002, 08:38 AM
In related news, I heard on the Score this morning that they fired the PA guy who arranged to play "Here I Go Again" and issued a formal apology to Finley.

duke of dorwood
04-18-2002, 09:34 AM
And here's the story-I wonder if the guy they canned was Joe Stephen, that guy that used to be real annoying between innings on the field a few years ago?

Sox fire employee over Whitesnake song

April 18, 2002

BY DOUG PADILLA STAFF REPORTER

Not wishing to add to the misery of Chuck Finley, the White Sox on Wednesday issued a formal apology to the Cleveland Indians pitcher and fired one of their employees on the day it was revealed Finley had filed for divorce from his wife, actress Tawny Kitaen.

The apology and firing, however, were not for the nine-run inning the Sox posted on the left-hander Tuesday in the opener of a three-game series.

Instead, Sox general manager Ken Williams apologized to Finley because a Whitesnake song was played over the Comiskey Park public-address system while the Indians were taking batting practice Tuesday.

The tie-in is that Kitaen previously was married to Whitesnake lead singer David Coverdale and had a role in a Whitesnake music video.

Finley and Kitaen had a much-publicized domestic dispute earlier this month as they returned to their Newport Beach, Calif., home on April 1, the day after the Indians opened the season against the Anaheim Angels. Kitaen allegedly attacked Finley, and scrapes and abrasions reportedly were found on Finley when police arrived at the couple's home.

Kitaen's arraignment for two misdemeanor counts of domestic violence is scheduled for April 29. She faces up to a year in jail and $6,000 in fines if convicted.

Also Wednesday, it was reported that Kitaen voluntarily had checked into a treatment program after she acknowledged she had become addicted to prescription medications for depression and migraine headaches over the last two years.

The employee the Sox fired Wednesday assisted in the selection of pregame entertainment. The Sox did not reveal the employee's name.

Mathew
04-19-2002, 01:45 AM
boooooooooooooo!

NorthSideConvert
04-19-2002, 08:14 AM
I nominate: "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife"

NSC