Sockinchisox
12-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Umm ****

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7525396

RowanDye
12-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Umm ****

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7525396

Andrew Miller and Cameron Maybin for Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera? I would think Detroit would need to throw in about 3 more players to make this work.

Luke
12-04-2007, 11:45 AM
I certainly hate to see Detroit get stronger, but at this point it's just another worthless rumor.

oeo
12-04-2007, 11:51 AM
A deal this big has about 0.0000000000001% chance of happening.

Chicken Dinner
12-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Rosenthal usually has pretty good sources.

RowanDye
12-04-2007, 11:55 AM
I certainly hate to see Detroit get stronger, but at this point it's just another worthless rumor.

But, but it's from Ken Rosenthal!

I think the Marlins are trying to simulate some play to force the Angels' hand. I think Cabrera still ends up in Anaheim.

champagne030
12-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Andrew Miller and Cameron Maybin for Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera? I would think Detroit would need to throw in about 3 more players to make this work.

It says that Miller and Maybin are likely among the targets.

Huisj
12-04-2007, 12:10 PM
If Miller and Maybin were already Cy Young and MVP candidates, then maybe that could be possible (although it wouldn't make any sense for the Tigers). Since those two are obviously not at that level yet and may never be, this wouldn't make any sense for Florida unless they got about 3 or 4 more prospects.

The Sox got 6 players for Wilson Alvarez, Roberto Hernandez, and Danny Darwin. None of them were quite at the level of prospects as Miller and Maybin, but still, that was 6 prospects for 3 guys who the Giants were only going to have for 2 months. Florida has to expect a lot more from Willis and Cabrera.

SoxyStu
12-04-2007, 12:18 PM
But, but it's from Ken Rosenthal!

I think the Marlins are trying to simulate some play to force the Angels' hand. I think Cabrera still ends up in Anaheim.

Or, the Sox's. What else might light a fire under Kenny to add more to the deal than the possibility of a "big fish" to be dealt to a division rival?

Oh, on a side note, when do the Angels say, "screw Florida, enough is enough?" They insist two deals were done, then Florida backs out and wants more added to the deal. Where's the good faith?

Madvora
12-04-2007, 12:26 PM
We could use both of those guys on the team. I'm sure KW is aware of that and can try to make sure that our competitors don't keep getting stronger.

PorkChopExpress
12-04-2007, 12:35 PM
We could use both of those guys on the team. I'm sure KW is aware of that and can try to make sure that our competitors don't keep getting stronger.

If the Tigers have the players the Marlins want and the White Sox do not, there isn't much KW can do.

JermaineDye05
12-04-2007, 12:45 PM
I will be pissed if the Tigers get these two, not just because they get significantly better but also because it would be yet another player the Sox were after that the Tigers get.

Dan Mega
12-04-2007, 12:46 PM
If the Tigers have the players the Marlins want and the White Sox do not, there isn't much KW can do.

Besides drive up the price and get Detroit to give up too much.

CHIsoxNation
12-04-2007, 01:24 PM
According to Rotoworld:

Booth Newspapers' Danny Knobler says the general suspicion is that the Marlins are using the Tigers in order to pressure the Angels in Miguel Cabrera talks.

The Tigers are said to be very reluctant to part with Cameron Maybin, which is something they'd need to do in order to get Cabrera with or without Dontrelle Willis. Knobler's source told him talks between the two teams were better described as discussions rather than negotiations.