PDA

View Full Version : Santana update

the1tab
12-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Mike & Mike on ESPN radio just threw out there that Peter Gammons reports that this morning the Twins asked Boston for Jon Lester's medical records, making some people think the deal's getting closer to being consumated w/ the BoSox. This was initially broken at approx. 8:15 AM Central (or at least that's the first I heard it reported on the radio after 40 minutes in the car).

Anyone else know anything about this report or anything else that's new w/ Santana?

:dtroll:

StepsInSC
12-04-2007, 09:33 AM
The Twins and Red Sox have concluded trade talks for the night with a deal likely within reach, the Boston Globe reports.
The Globe says there are indications that the deal would be Jon Lester, Coco Crisp, Jed Lowrie and Justin Masterson for Johan Santana. ESPN's Buster Olney also believes that's the package. Crisp doesn't seem like a great fit for a Twins club that figures to have little chance of contending next year, though as outstanding as he is defensively, he is being undervalued as a trade property. The Twins would also be getting a potential No. 2 starter in Lester, a possible No. 3 or a closer in Masterson and a likely starting second baseman in Lowrie. Phil Hughes is a better bet than all of them, but the Twins must not rate him as highly as many do. Dec. 4 - 3:34 am et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=MLB&hl=227031

balke
12-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Well in one respect for the Twins, they'll be mildly blocking the Sox in acquiring in a CFer. And as a fan of the White Sox, I'm glad. I do NOT want Coco Crisp in CF next season for this team.

spawn
12-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Mike & Mike on ESPN radio just threw out there that Peter Gammons reports that this morning the Twins asked Boston for Jon Lester's medical records, making some people think the deal's getting closer to being consumated w/ the BoSox. This was initially broken at approx. 8:15 AM Central (or at least that's the first I heard it reported on the radio after 40 minutes in the car).

Anyone else know anything about this report or anything else that's new w/ Santana?

:dtroll:
I heard Mike and Mike talking about this at 6:40am this morning. It could be close to happening, or by asking for the medical records, it could be a ploy by the Twins to gauge how serious the Yankees are about getting Santana. If anything, it's great theater. :popcorn:

StepsInSC
12-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Well in one respect for the Twins, they'll be mildly blocking the Sox in acquiring in a CFer. And as a fan of the White Sox, I'm glad. I do NOT want Coco Crisp in CF next season for this team.

I'm still going to be depressed for about a week when/if the Evil Empire Jr. acquires Santana. I'm growing rather tired of the whole ordeal, and I don't want to hear about either Evil Empire anymore.