PDA

View Full Version : Jon Rauch

ChiSoxFan35
12-04-2007, 05:07 AM
Just throwing his name out there. Saw on the ESPN blog he might be available. Thoughts about bringing him back in the reliever capacity? His numbers don't look bad in his last two years.

People will probably say 'The NL!', but that's more relevant when he's starting, he's probably not going to face a pitcher when he's brought in, and the NL East was pretty good in terms of offense

cws05champ
12-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Just throwing his name out there. Saw on the ESPN blog he might be available. Thoughts about bringing him back in the reliever capacity? His numbers don't look bad in his last two years.

People will probably say 'The NL!', but that's more relevant when he's starting, he's probably not going to face a pitcher when he's brought in, and the NL East was pretty good in terms of offense

Yes, but he was much better at home 3.06, .211 OBA (at the spacious RFK) than the road 4.24, .252 OBA.

If he cost little to get, yes, but I have a feeling he would not cost next to nothing. You could probably get the same production from MacDougal next season.

Tragg
12-04-2007, 08:32 AM
The reason the Sox let him go so easily is because he p.o.ed the Sox. So I doubt they'd get him back.

DSpivack
12-04-2007, 10:26 AM
The reason the Sox let him go so easily is because he p.o.ed the Sox. So I doubt they'd get him back.

Yeah, the way KW dumped him out of town this is the last team he'd ever end up with.

bestkosher
12-04-2007, 10:46 AM
aww.... But I want the obscure facts to return to Brookfield Zoo about Jon Rausch, being one of the tallest players in baseball, right in front of thte Condor cage again. I was one of the few that got all the Sox trivia correct in my family that year. As I prize I got a pencil from Brookfiled Zoo.

balke
12-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Jon Rauch, no matter how talented, will likely never be in a Sox uniform again. It was not the most graceful of departures.

skottyj242
12-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Didn't he pretty much get fired on the post game show?

soxinem1
12-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Didn't he pretty much get fired on the post game show?

He was brought back up for a start that he won, then shipped to MTL a short time later.

Mr. White Sox
12-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Rotoworld:
The Nationals are reportedly talking to a team about using Jon Rauch in a trade for a shortstop.
If the Nats acquired a shortstop, we imagine that Felipe Lopez would be non-tendered and Cristian Guzman would battle Ronnie Belliard for playing time at second. The Washington Post also reports that if Rauch goes, the Nationals would hold on to Chad Cordero, and vice versa.

Rauch for Uribe and a prospect?

thedudeabides
12-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Rotoworld:

Rauch for Uribe and a prospect?

They seem to be collecting players with somewhat troubled pasts that other teams have given up on. Uribe seems to fit their current M.O.

That being said, no way Rauch returns.