PDA

View Full Version : New Sox article from whitesox.com

Sockinchisox
12-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Discusses a lot of stuff, so I didn't really know what to title it or where to put it. It mainly focuses on the 3B situation and that a decision has been made but Kenny's not saying anything.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071203&content_id=2316530&vkey=hotstove2007&fext=.jsp

WhiteSox5187
12-04-2007, 12:37 AM
I like that last line in the article...interesting stuff on Crede. I won't BS and pretend that I have any idea what the descion is, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Ultimately I think waiting is a good idea.

SBSoxFan
12-04-2007, 07:30 AM
I like that last line in the article...interesting stuff on Crede. I won't BS and pretend that I have any idea what the descion is, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Ultimately I think waiting is a good idea.

This is very interesting:

But general manager Ken Williams stated on Monday that a decision has been made in regard to their over-abundance of talent at the hot corner, meaning that either Crede or Josh Fields still will be with the White Sox by late March.

I would think this means he's trying to move Crede, but who knows how it will play out, the Shadow maybe. :smile: Will be very interesting regardless, and should spawn some very long, emotional threads here!

angiew
12-04-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm with you guys...this is a very interesting article. And it suggest that Williams has made a decision regarding Crede & Fields. I agree that taking his time to decide is the wise move, but all this waiting is driving me CRAZY!!!! I've never been a patient person, and wondering where Crede is going to end up is driving me to drink:redneck

roylestillman
12-04-2007, 08:52 AM
My bet - They stick with Crede at least through Spring Training to showcase (I hope) that he is back to his pre surgery form. Fields waits in the wings perhaps through the trading deadline in 2008.

I can't see what they get by trading Crede now (salary?) and I really don't get Fields' name mentioned in trade rumors.

Hokiesox
12-04-2007, 10:28 AM
There's a line in the Trib article that Crede recently had his back examined, which, they say, is a precursor to a trade.

..Just passing along information

chisox77
12-04-2007, 11:08 AM
As for Crede, a lot of GMs, the smart ones, would need to see him play before a trade materializes. It seems that spring training may provide answers about this situation. My guess is that the White Sox are looking to trade Crede. We'll just have to wait and see . . .

:cool:

Lip Man 1
12-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Williams actually originally made that statement on Fields (i.e. that if Crede is with the team he'll be back in the minors) about a month and a half ago. I remember it was posted on WSI at the time.

Lip