chisoxmike
12-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the detailed update.

Dan Mega
12-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Who did the Nats give up?

UserNameBlank
12-03-2007, 02:48 PM
This could be a steal for Bowden if Dukes keeps his mouth shut, his cell off, and his pants on.

That's probably too much to hope for though.

spawn
12-03-2007, 02:55 PM
:rolling:

salty99
12-03-2007, 02:59 PM
It was for a player to be named later.

DumpJerry
12-03-2007, 03:08 PM
It was for a player to be named later.
Ahhhh yes, the Nats will miss 'ole number 78.

getonbckthr
12-03-2007, 03:20 PM
I wish the Sox could have made this no risk high reward move. Hell the PTBNL could have been Andy Gonzalez.

SBSoxFan
12-03-2007, 03:26 PM
So, does this lend more credence to the term "Nasty Nats"?

palehozenychicty
12-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Between him, Milledge, and Dmitri, we will have some interesting headlines and hits next year. Then we have the election for icing on the cake!

Domeshot17
12-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Well heres a fun thought for washington

They either have a young budding sensational OF of Dukes Kearns and Milledge

or an OF full of BUSTS

FedEx227
12-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah interesting deal.

Low risk, high reward potential.

Trav
12-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Well heres a fun thought for washington

They either have a young budding sensational OF of Dukes Kearns and Milledge

or an OF full of BUSTS

Who is managing them? That's going to be a delicate clubhouse. But I bet they both play well. It will be like the Portland Jailblazers in D.C.

champagne030
12-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah interesting deal.

Low risk, high reward potential.

I don't know if I'd call it low risk to the fine young ladies of DC. :o:

santo=dorf
12-03-2007, 05:05 PM
I am so sick of "low risk, high reward." It's such a tired cliche.

Dukes is considered low risk? He's a cancerous *******. That's risky to me.

Amazingly enough, the crime rate in DC will go up with this acquisition.

UserNameBlank
12-03-2007, 05:17 PM
I am so sick of "low risk, high reward." It's such a tired cliche.

Dukes is considered low risk? He's a cancerous *******. That's risky to me.
low risk, high reward
buy low, sell high

It's used a lot because that's kinda how the whole GM thing works.

Dukes is risky only to someone who puts public image in front of on-field performance. The Nats apparently don't do that.

That has to be the worst clubhouse ever. I'd say the crime rate in DC is going to rise, but then again, it's DC. Maybe the team is being constructed to reflect their problems. It's too bad they don't have another OF spot left or they could trade for Johnny Damon, let him grow his beard back, and then let him patrol CF with a shopping cart. That would fit DC perfectly.

DSpivack
12-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Glad such fine young men of tremendous character will christen the new ballpark.

At least the DC jail is only a mile or two away.

FedEx227
12-03-2007, 05:21 PM
low risk, high reward
buy low, sell high

It's used a lot because that's kinda how the whole GM thing works.

Dukes is risky only to someone who puts public image in front of on-field performance. The Nats apparently don't do that.

Exactly why I said it. To me he's risky if you could public image/chemistry. In terms of pure talent, they gave up nothing to get an extremely talented player. How he acts is another question, but sometimes you need to take a risk in public image/chemistry to get some talent. See Rasheed Wallace going to Detroit. A mess before that, but because he started winning/got on a good nucleus his behavior got a lot better.

palehosepub
12-03-2007, 05:27 PM
The D-Rays recieved a minor league pitcher named Glenn Gibson.

UserNameBlank
12-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Exactly why I said it. To me he's risky if you could public image/chemistry. In terms of pure talent, they gave up nothing to get an extremely talented player. How he acts is another question, but sometimes you need to take a risk in public image/chemistry to get some talent. See Rasheed Wallace going to Detroit. A mess before that, but because he started winning/got on a good nucleus his behavior got a lot better.
The Nats are taking on quite a few of them though, and you have to wonder when it's going to explode.

On a talent basis, like you say, it's smart buisness. I don't know what they'll do with Pena, probably move him around a bit, but between Pena, Dukes, and Milledge they have the chance to develop a very offensive OF in more ways than one. Kearns is in the picture too but I don't know if he's become an ******* yet.

12-03-2007, 07:13 PM
The D-Rays recieved a minor league pitcher named Glenn Gibson.

Dude it's the Rays, remember??? :tongue:

mjmcend
12-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Between him, Milledge, and Dmitri, we will have some interesting headlines and hits next year. Then we have the election for icing on the cake!

It will a successful season if they all make it out alive.

PKalltheway
12-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Whoa boy...this could end up being the baseball version of the Cincinnati Bengals. If Dukes can stay out of off the field trouble, the Nats will probably improve next year.

WizardsofOzzie
12-03-2007, 09:36 PM
:thumbsup:

ChiSoxFan35
12-04-2007, 03:52 AM
I wish the Sox could have made this no risk high reward move. Hell the PTBNL could have been Andy Gonzalez.

Normally, I would agree but Dukes is a piece of crap, I wouldn't want him near here

Jjav829
12-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Glad such fine young men of tremendous character will christen the new ballpark.

At least the DC jail is only a mile or two away.

http://images.sportsbybrooks.com/f/8/f856529eb88df57abdaefa0b5f207777_elijahdukes.jpg

You dead, dawg.

Dmitri Young, Elijah Dukes and Lastings Milledge together? It's a shame the uncensored Dugout isn't still going.

cws05champ
12-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Are they going to wear prison numbers vs regular 2 digit numbers? :D:

SOXPHILE
12-04-2007, 04:44 PM
That sucks for D.C. I thought the crime rate there had decreased somewhat in the last few years, and now this is going to spike it right back up.....

FedEx227
12-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Are they going to wear prison numbers vs regular 2 digit numbers? :D:

Except for the fact that the only wrong Milledge has done is record a rap song with a childhood friend which is pretty much the same as prison.

Young and Elijah though, no argument there.

Hitmenof77
12-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Except for the fact that the only wrong Milledge has done is record a rap song with a childhood friend which is pretty much the same as prison.

Young and Elijah though, no argument there.

Yeah Young made a big mistake but he seemed to turn his life around. And before 2005, Young didn't get in trouble with the law.

Rock Raines had a coke habit that nearly cost him his career before it started. He cleaned up his act.