PDA

View Full Version : Pettitt returns to the Yankees

Fenway
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Andy Pettitte, who contemplated retirement this winter, has told his good friends, a few former Astros teammates and some current Yankees teammates that he will return to the Bronx for the 2008 season.

Through people close to Pettitte, the Chronicle has learned that the veteran lefthander has told family members and teammates that he has decided to return to the Yankees in 2008.

That wait is over, and the Yankees have been informed of the decision by Pettitte’s agent, Randy Hendricks.

When reached by telephone this morning, Hendricks, who was in route to Nashville for the start of baseball’s winter meetings today, confirmed that he has advised the Yankees that Pettitte will play for them in 2008.

“Many teammates have called urging Andy to return as well as manager Joe Girardi,” Hendricks said. “It’s well known that the Yankees have publicly stated that they were ready for Andy when Andy was ready.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5347088.html

MUsoxfan
12-03-2007, 02:51 PM
I guess that means if Clemens were to come back it would be with the Yankees:tongue:

Fenway
12-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I guess that means if Clemens were to come back it would be with the Yankees:tongue:

Oh my goodness gracious

Fenway
12-03-2007, 03:04 PM
from a Yankees beat writers blog

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

Just received an e-mail back from Randy Hendricks.
Andy Pettitte will play for his original $16 million next season. There are no options. He decided on Saturday, they talked it over on Sunday and now it’s done.
If you add it up, the Yankees have spent a ton of money this winter. A-Rod ($275 million), Rivera ($45 million), Posada ($52.4), Molina ($4 million), Abreu ($16 million) and now Pettitte ($16 million).
That’s $408.4 million not counting the $30 million Rodriguez could receive in bonus payments.
It’s not my money. But, damn, that’s a lot of scratch.

angiew
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
I actually like Pettitte....though I detest the Yankees:angry: I'm kinda suprised he came back. I thought he would retire...but I guess 16mil will make you do crazy things:D:

palehozenychicty
12-04-2007, 09:52 AM
I actually like Pettitte....though I detest the Yankees:angry: I'm kinda suprised he came back. I thought he would retire...but I guess 16mil will make you do crazy things:D:

He actually declined his player option last month and has to work out a new deal. Nevertheless, he'll probably get similar money. I guess that since Rawjah has no one left to rob, Andy had to do it alone.