PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Plan Now?

dwalteroo
12-03-2007, 08:30 AM
My dad has been the owner of a 27 game package the last few years, and gave up the tickets this year. However, he was contacted by the Sox last week about getting in on an Ozzie plan now (this week). Does anyone know how this would affect seat choice? If he waits, would he get better seats later (after all the season and split-season relocation is completed?) I'd assume he'd get better seats earlier, but I'm not sure....

chisoxmike
12-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Ozzie Plan holders can get the best available seats in the section they choose for the plan. You dont get the same seats for every game. I had the Ozzie Plan in 2005. Some days I was in 116, some in 146, etc. It just depended on the game.

russ99
12-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Ozzie Plan holders can get the best available seats in the section they choose for the plan. You dont get the same seats for every game. I had the Ozzie Plan in 2005. Some days I was in 116, some in 146, etc. It just depended on the game.

Actually it didn't used to be this way. In 2005 the Ozzie plan was scheduled through the Sox ticket office, and the Sox ticket reps tried to accommodate requests. I had the same seats all season except for the Cubs and Yankees games.

That changed since the Sox won the Series and the Ozzie plan ticketing was farmed out to Ticketmaster and their horrible automated "best seat" ticket selection. I'm not renewing this year, due to this and other reasons.

Last year the Sox held back a significant number of good seats from Ozzie subscribers for future season and partial season sales. These tickets were then released for single-ticket sales. I'm sure I'd have gotten better seats during individual ticket sales via the box office than I got with the Ozzie plan last year, so this season I'm going that route.

Just curious, why are July 4th and August 22nd set as "Premier" dates on the 2008 home schedule? Do they really think we'll pay extra to see the Rays??

duke of dorwood
12-03-2007, 11:04 AM
We had this plan before-we even got put in Upper Deck a few times-bailed on it after one lousy year

DumpJerry
12-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Just curious, why are July 4th and August 22nd set as "Premier" dates on the 2008 home schedule? Do they really think we'll pay extra to see the Rays??
August 22nd is the return of Juan Uribe since Carl Crawford, by then, had made us forget him.

Actually, August 22nd is Elvis Night. Normally it would be the August 8th game, but why waste it on 40,000 Red Sox fans?

I'm thinking July 4th is a special Fireworks game given that it's, well, The Fourth of July.

russ99
12-03-2007, 04:28 PM
August 22nd is the return of Juan Uribe since Carl Crawford, by then, had made us forget him.

Actually, August 22nd is Elvis Night. Normally it would be the August 8th game, but why waste it on 40,000 Red Sox fans?

I'm thinking July 4th is a special Fireworks game given that it's, well, The Fourth of July.

So we have to pay extra for fireworks now?? :rolleyes: