PDA

View Full Version : Something for the Angels.

doctor30th
12-02-2007, 10:43 PM
You know with the Angels getting ticked off about the whole Miguel Cabrera thing Kenny should talk to them about Crede. Give them a Window to Sign Crede to a deal before the trade goes through. Maybe we could pick up some combination of Ervin Santana or Joe Saunders, possibly Howie Kendrick or a couple of prospects.

Might be worth a shot, then you might be able to take some of that talent combine it with our own and land Miguel Cabrera ourselves.

Just a thought

southsideirish71
12-02-2007, 11:10 PM
You know with the Angels getting ticked off about the whole Miguel Cabrera thing Kenny should talk to them about Crede. Give them a Window to Sign Crede to a deal before the trade goes through. Maybe we could pick up some combination of Ervin Santana or Joe Saunders, possibly Howie Kendrick or a couple of prospects.

Might be worth a shot, then you might be able to take some of that talent combine it with our own and land Miguel Cabrera ourselves.

Just a thought

First of all Crede's agent is Scott Boras. He wants his guy to play a full year, so he can tell a bunch of teams that Brooks Robinson Jr is healthy and is ready for a 5 year deal.

Secondly, why exactly would the angels want to lock him up after showing exactly how healthy he is. Is he healthy. Is that because he or Boras told you so. Can he hold up over the long marathon season. I think that he plays the year, and if he has no setbacks and plays well he gets a long term deal from some team. I dont see anyone giving him a long term deal based on a piece of paper saying he is healthy.

And you are not getting any of those prospects for a one year rental on a player that is coming off the type of injury he had. Think lower on that one.

doctor30th
12-02-2007, 11:28 PM
There are alot of teams interested in Crede even with coming off a back surgery. The point is to offer and see what you can get. Rent a player or not, even Cabrera would only be under the Angels power for 2 years, so in a way he is also a rent a player just for 2 years instead of one. I'm just suggesting Kenny try and take advantage of a situation. Crede is definitely Worth at least one good prospect that is MLB ready. Even Coming off of back Surgery and if only for one year. One thing some teams have proven is that they do dumb things from time to time. Especially when its a position that they are looking for.

Sockinchisox
12-02-2007, 11:37 PM
No GM in this league is going to give up an MLB ready top prospect for a year of a question mark.

Teams are going after Cabrera with the intent of signing him long-term btw.

southsideirish71
12-02-2007, 11:43 PM
There are alot of teams interested in Crede even with coming off a back surgery. The point is to offer and see what you can get. Rent a player or not, even Cabrera would only be under the Angels power for 2 years, so in a way he is also a rent a player just for 2 years instead of one. I'm just suggesting Kenny try and take advantage of a situation. Crede is definitely Worth at least one good prospect that is MLB ready. Even Coming off of back Surgery and if only for one year. One thing some teams have proven is that they do dumb things from time to time. Especially when its a position that they are looking for.

Lets look at the situations.

The Angels have a clear shot to the playoffs. Have the pitching and need offense.

Cabrera is one of the top 5 hitters in the game. So they could sign him to a very long deal. Adding Cabrera to that lineup with Hunter gives them some needed depth. And makes them a WS contender.

Crede doesnt do any of those things. He can catch the ball. Thats about the only thing he does better than Miguel. If they were worried just about having someone catch the ball and provide decent offense. Then they could of made a move a long time ago for someone. They need offense. They have top tier pitching and a top tier pen. They also have an aging core, and need to win now with Vlad's age and the team healthy in question.

I would say they target Cabrera first, and if that doesnt work they go for Tejada and move him to 3rd. I think Crede would of been a move they would of made after 06. We waited one year too long on moving him.

KRS1
12-03-2007, 12:09 AM
There are alot of teams interested in Crede even with coming off a back surgery.

I suspect that is because they are all hoping for a serious discount. Teams are hoping we want to shed some salary because we have a quality young replacement for Joe, and are likely just kicking the tires to gauge what we want at this point to see if they can get a low risk-high reward deal pulled off.