PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton?

Slats
12-02-2007, 04:34 PM
The Reds are open to trading him, we need a center fielder......

SoxxoS
12-02-2007, 04:51 PM
He just isnt a very good CF, which is the first problem - More of a corner with that arm.

That being said, bring it. I like the kid a lot - And you can think he could improve or regress in his second season depending on your opinion...I think improve in the 2nd go around.

AJ Hellraiser
12-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Depending on what it cost, I'd do it... he can play LF and leadoff... I'd imagine he would come relatively cheap as well... probably 1 or 2 young mid-level pitchers...

Broadway and/or Egbert?

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't mind having him in LF. He's really solid with the bat.

DSpivack
12-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Depending on what it cost, I'd do it... he can play LF and leadoff... I'd imagine he would come relatively cheap as well... probably 1 or 2 young mid-level pitchers...

Broadway and/or Egbert?

Huh? He's a power hitter. Why do you think he'd come so cheaply?

PalehosePlanet
12-02-2007, 08:39 PM
The Reds are open to trading him, we need a center fielder......

Where did you hear/read that Hamilton might be available? I've also read --- from posters here --- that Ryan Freel might also be on the market.

Anyway, I don't think Hamilton would come cheap at all. He'd probably cost us ...Danks?

AJ Hellraiser
12-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Huh? He's a power hitter. Why do you think he'd come so cheaply?

He hit first more than anywhere else last season:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=4652

And did quite well there...

He should come relatively cheap because he's only had 1 good season, Cincy has a surplus of outfielders and they are dieing for pitching depth...

Fantosme
12-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Where did you hear/read that Hamilton might be available? I've also read --- from posters here --- that Ryan Freel might also be on the market.

Jayson Stark said awhile back that Freel is being aggressively shopped. He also said that Hamilton is available, but Cincinnati is in no rush to trade him. It would almost certainly require Gio or Danks to get him.

PKalltheway
12-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Jayson Stark said awhile back that Freel is being aggressively shopped. He also said that Hamilton is available, but Cincinnati is in no rush to trade him. It would almost certainly require Gio or Danks to get him.
Considering how desperate the Reds are for pitching, this doesn't sound too far-fetched...

soltrain21
12-02-2007, 10:21 PM
He hit first more than anywhere else last season:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=4652

And did quite well there...

He should come relatively cheap because he's only had 1 good season, Cincy has a surplus of outfielders and they are dieing for pitching depth...

Where the hell do we have pitching depth at?

AJ Hellraiser
12-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Where the hell do we have pitching depth at?

read my post again.. i said cincy needs pitchers to improve their depth and we happen to have many youngsters in our system... whether they will pan out, who knows? but they're there...