PDA

View Full Version : Crede for Burrell?

Ika
12-02-2007, 01:25 PM
I think that this would make sense. One caveat is Burrell's salary and Crede's health of course. But KW has a long relationship with Gillick, and the Phils need a 3b.

veeter
12-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm so against this because he's another slow footed, streak hitting, bopper. No thanks.

The Thomenator
12-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I'd trade Crede for Victorino in a second. Like the previous poster mentioned, we have too many slow one-dimensional offensive players. Gotta mix things up at the plate a bit here.

Daver
12-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm sure Kenny's phone is ringing off the hook with other GM's wanted to trade viable talent for a player that has not played at all following back surgery.

santo=dorf
12-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm so against this because he's another slow footed, streak hitting, bopper. No thanks.
....and Crede isn't? :?: you can toss in bad back and an OBP about 70 points less than Burrell as well.

How about getting Tom Gordon back?

dickallen15
12-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Again, why would anyone give up anything of value for Crede before seeing if he can play?

santo=dorf
12-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Again, why would anyone give up anything of value for Crede before seeing if he can play?
Would you consider $5 million "of value?" That's something the White Sox are probably going to give up before seeing if he can play.

Daver
12-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Would you consider $5 million "of value?" That's something the White Sox are probably going to give up before seeing if he can play.

It's easier to replace money than talent.

JermaineDye05
12-02-2007, 02:10 PM

Teams that are desperate and have the money that they can afford a risk like this. There aren't many, my bet is Crede is dealt in the middle of spring training when people can see that he can still play.

veeter
12-02-2007, 03:07 PM
....and Crede isn't? :?: you can toss in bad back and an OBP about 70 points less than Burrell as well.

How about getting Tom Gordon back?I assumed this meant IF Crede was healthy. And IF he is, the fact he may be the best defensive 3rd baseman in the game, and Burrell being avg. at best, no thanks.

santo=dorf
12-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I assumed this meant IF Crede was healthy. And IF he is, the fact he may be the best defensive 3rd baseman in the game, and Burrell being avg. at best, no thanks.
...and if he's healthy Crede is a slow footed, steaker, bopper. That was my point.

veeter
12-02-2007, 03:18 PM
...and if he's healthy Crede is a slow footed, steaker, bopper. That was my point.Defense aside, my point was why do it, if team speed doesn't improve.

pierzynski07
12-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Defense aside, my point was why do it, if team speed doesn't improve.
We have depth at third, but not in left. That's why.

veeter
12-02-2007, 03:25 PM
We have depth at third, but not in left. That's why.That's why what?

Daver
12-02-2007, 03:26 PM
We have depth at third, but not in left. That's why.

One mediocre defensive player with an unproven bat is not depth.

pierzynski07
12-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Field's power numbers are fine by me for him to start at 3rd. But we have nothing in left.

veeter
12-02-2007, 03:36 PM
My original thought was, no, I don't want another slow footed bopper. I KNOW Joe is slow also, BUT IF I traded Joe I would hope it would be for a younger, cheaper and FASTER player than Burrell.

champagne030
12-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Field's power numbers are fine by me for him to start at 3rd. But we have nothing in left.

I hope he puts up better than Rob Deer numbers if he's going to play 3rd this season.

AWhiteSoxinNJ
12-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Trust me guys, you do NOT want Pat Burrell. Living in the Philly area, I see Philly games all the time and he would get killed almost as much as Pods has the past few seasons. I'd rather make a move for Bay then Burrell. Plus Burrell will be making around $14 million this season.

Brian26
12-02-2007, 05:58 PM
How about getting Tom Gordon back?

Let's get Flash Gordon, Mike Jackson and Kenny Lofton and REALLY see this clubhouse go to ****. :rolleyes:

Brian26
12-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Plus Burrell will be making around $14 million this season.

I'd rather give Crede a $5 million raise, unproven back and all, rather than burn $14 million on Burrell.

Lukin13
12-02-2007, 06:56 PM
The difference between Burrell and Dye, Konerko, Crede etc. is that he actually gets on base.

He would also be a short term committment.

Pat Burrell wouldn't be PlanA for me, but he sure would be a welcome PlanB or C.

ksimpson14
12-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Let's get Flash Gordon, Mike Jackson and Kenny Lofton and REALLY see this clubhouse go to ****. :rolleyes:

I take it you dislike black people

rdivaldi
12-02-2007, 11:49 PM
I take it you dislike black people

No, he probably dislikes clubhouse jerks.

Take the racial stuff elsewhere please....

Nellie_Fox
12-02-2007, 11:54 PM
ksimpson, take a week for accusing another poster of racism without any foundation.

QCIASOXFAN
12-02-2007, 11:59 PM
I'd trade Crede for Victorino in a second. .
Yeah so would I, to bad they wouldn't.

BadBobbyJenks
12-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Weird I was having this exact conversation at the bar during the bears game today with a few friends. If the phils would do it Im on board.
Dont know where we would turn to for leadoff though.

EastCoastSoxFan
12-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Trust me guys, you do NOT want Pat Burrell. Living in the Philly area, I see Philly games all the time and he would get killed almost as much as Pods has the past few seasons. I'd rather make a move for Bay then Burrell. Plus Burrell will be making around $14 million this season.I second all of those emotions (as a phellow Philly area resident).

Pat Burrell has been in the league for almost ten years now and his swing is still as long and slow as it's always been.
And as a defensive left fielder I'd put him somewhere between Ron Kittle and Greg Luzinski.

No, thanks.

Victorino, on the other hand, would fit in just fine around here, but barring an unexpected bout with senility from Pat Gillick that's not likely to happen.

Ika
12-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Why PB? Pat Burrell, for some reason, has learned how to walk late in his career. No one else on this team beside Thome knows how to take a walk. He had a .400 OBA last year, which is fantastic, even with his high K totals. (or he's "streaky", assuming that can even be quantified).

I would hope that the Sox wouldn't take on all 14 mil, in that case it's not a good deal. Crede is coming off major surgery, but this is something he's needed for a while and he's had plenty of time to recover.

However, with the Quentin trade I don't see the pressing need for a LF right now (career .953 OPS over 1300+ AB in minors). We should get something for Crede, even if Fields' glove isn't stellar, he's the future.