PDA

View Full Version : Now, we MUST have one of the next 2...

Kilroy
04-17-2002, 12:16 AM
I said before that I thought that the Sox must win one of these three, thinking that almost for sure, we get Beurhle's game. Well, we got the first one with Beurhle going tomorrow. Gotta have it...

indiana_single_m
04-17-2002, 01:01 AM
With Colon scheduled Thursday it make Wednesday even more critical ....The flubbies made my day complete, perfect day in baseball.

Bmr31
04-17-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I said before that I thought that the Sox must win one of these three, thinking that almost for sure, we get Beurhle's game. Well, we got the first one with Beurhle going tomorrow. Gotta have it...

ummm im sorry but we play the indians 19 times this season....and there are no must wins in April. 2 of 3 would be nice......

sox_fan_4life
04-17-2002, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31

ummm im sorry but we play the indians 19 times this season....and there are no must wins in April. 2 of 3 would be nice......

BMR, I beg to differ.
Last year if the Sox had one some more of those unimportant April and May games then they would have had a much better finish. They play 162 and every game counts and is important, thus a must win.

I bet the players are not saying, "well we play them 18 more times, we don't need to win tonight".
So why would fans say that.

Dadawg_77
04-17-2002, 09:51 AM
You can't win a pennant in April but you can lose one. For every team like the A's lastyear they are 15 teams like the White Sox, a team that got to a horrible start and never recovered.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-17-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
You can't win a pennant in April but you can lose one. For every team like the A's lastyear they are 15 teams like the White Sox, a team that got to a horrible start and never recovered.

I agree with what Dave Wills said last night on the post-game show. This is a "tone setting" series for the season. It's not critical that we win all three, or even 2 of 3, but it might prove to be a glimpse of what is to come the remainder of the 19 games we play the Tribe this year.

Last April Minnesota killed us. We never caught Minnesota, and basically played lousy against them the entire year. Yeah, yeah... we can all make excuses for why it happened. Bottom line: we win the division last season if we take care of business against the Twins.

I want to win 2 of 3 over Cleveland so they can remember all season long how their successful 11-1 start was torn to shreds back in April against our Sox--their #1 rival for the division crown.

To my way of thinking, that DOES make a difference.

cheeses_h_rice
04-17-2002, 10:25 AM
I agree with PHG completely.

Sure, 1 game is 1 game, and 3 games is "just" 3 games, but there's a lot of momentum and psychology involved in a baseball season, and I can't imagine any bigger boost than the Sox taking at LEAST 2 of 3 and hopefully sweeping the Tribe to get within 1 game.

Kilroy
04-17-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
This is a "tone setting" series for the season. It's not critical that we win all three, or even 2 of 3, but it might prove to be a glimpse of what is to come the remainder of the 19 games we play the Tribe this year.

Well, I don't think we can set the tone w/out taking 2 of 3. Especially when the Sox ace is going tonight. If we're gonna let them know what it's gonna be like, we have to put them down again tonight...

Bmr31
04-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_4life

BMR, I beg to differ.
Last year if the Sox had one some more of those unimportant April and May games then they would have had a much better finish. They play 162 and every game counts and is important, thus a must win.

I bet the players are not saying, "well we play them 18 more times, we don't need to win tonight".
So why would fans say that.

so with that logic what game ISNT a must win? cmon guys...

Bmr31
04-17-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I agree with what Dave Wills said last night on the post-game show. This is a "tone setting" series for the season. It's not critical that we win all three, or even 2 of 3, but it might prove to be a glimpse of what is to come the remainder of the 19 games we play the Tribe this year.

Last April Minnesota killed us. We never caught Minnesota, and basically played lousy against them the entire year. Yeah, yeah... we can all make excuses for why it happened. Bottom line: we win the division last season if we take care of business against the Twins.

I want to win 2 of 3 over Cleveland so they can remember all season long how their successful 11-1 start was torn to shreds back in April against our Sox--their #1 rival for the division crown.

To my way of thinking, that DOES make a difference.

yes i agree. If we had been swept, id say we were screwed. but we won the first game, ending a must win scenario.....

Clarkdog
04-17-2002, 03:30 PM
You want to set tone for the season...think sweep.
You know that's what the Sox clubhouse is thinking.
Make a statement to the division and the league that they are the team to beat.
Every game is important against top division and league foes.

Bmr31
04-17-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
You want to set tone for the season...think sweep.
You know that's what the Sox clubhouse is thinking.
Make a statement to the division and the league that they are the team to beat.
Every game is important against top division and league foes.

important? Of course. Must win? uh no...

LongDistanceFan
04-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

important? Of course. Must win? uh no... every win is important as every win against a rival is critical. this set the how the season goes. with every win come a newfound confidence in themselves as well a fans in the club.

Mathew
04-17-2002, 03:57 PM
This arguement is rediculous, I'm dissapointed that I am putting undue wear on my keyboard to respond. Of course no game is must win since everyone can all wake up the next day regardless, put the statement into whatever context suits you but don't take it out of context just to be an ass.

P.S. Don't bother refuting this post as I won't dignify any reply with my time.