PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Relocation

mnrph
12-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Has anyone been contacted regarding season ticket relocation requests yet?
Would this be effected by the sale of Ozzie plans next week?

dickallen15
12-01-2007, 08:23 AM
Has anyone been contacted regarding season ticket relocation requests yet?
Would this be effected by the sale of Ozzie plans next week?
From what I heard, there were a lot of non renewals. The relocation process supposedly is now backed up until around Christmas. Either there were a ton more people dropping out and a ton more people looking to move to a better location than anticipated, or they are trying desperately to get the people who dropped their plans to reconsider.

DumpJerry
12-01-2007, 09:13 AM
From what I heard, there were a lot of non renewals. The relocation process supposedly is now backed up until around Christmas. Either there were a ton more people dropping out and a ton more people looking to move to a better location than anticipated, or they are trying desperately to get the people who dropped their plans to reconsider.
Where have you heard this? I'm not doubting you and it's not the kind of information that would be released publicly, so I'm just curious about the validity of this. Do you know people who did not re-up for another tour of duty who are getting phone calls from the team asking them to think about it?

dickallen15
12-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Where have you heard this? I'm not doubting you and it's not the kind of information that would be released publicly, so I'm just curious about the validity of this. Do you know people who did not re-up for another tour of duty who are getting phone calls from the team asking them to think about it?
As for the non renewels, I heard it from a reputable poster on this and other boards. I am just speculating on the reason for the delay in the upgrades. The first installment was due 11/4 I believe, and they said it would take about 2 weeks for seat assignments. Now the seat assignments are going to be around Christmastime. Something is up. They make it seem like those deadlines are iron clad, but through the years I have known people who didn't renew initially but wound up renewing after missing every deadline and maintained their premium location. I always make the deadline. I'm too paranoid.

DumpJerry
12-01-2007, 09:30 AM
As for the non renewels, I heard it from a reputable poster on this and other boards. I am just speculating on the reason for the delay in the upgrades. The first installment was due 11/4 I believe, and they said it would take about 2 weeks for seat assignments. Now the seat assignments are going to be around Christmastime. Something is up. They make it seem like those deadlines are iron clad, but through the years I have known people who didn't renew initially but wound up renewing after missing every deadline and maintained their premium location. I always make the deadline. I'm too paranoid.
The fact that they have put off notifying us when they initially gave us the impression that we would know in November gives credibility to your theory. Also, my buddy who forgot to send in his check got a visit from Mark Buehrle and Pablo Ozuna the other day to see if there were any household chores that needed tending to.

Like you, I'm too paranoid to miss a White Sox deadline.

jabrch
12-01-2007, 10:39 AM
My ticket rep already contacted me to upgrade 1 of my sets of 4 full season tickets. He hasn't told me about my second set of 4 fulls or about my 4 27 game packages. He was hoping to get back to me next week....

Woofer
12-01-2007, 12:18 PM
We had the 27 game package for the last few years, and I had to make the tough decision to give it up. Probably going with a 4-5 seat Ozzie plan instead, we are just too busy with work and the kids activities to commit to 27 games. The Sox have sent me 3 or 4 emails asking me about my failure to pay for the 27 game package.(Giving me the oppurtunity to pay, and still retain the tickets even though we passed the payment deadline) Also received at least 1 phone call about the account. So I would say they are facing alot of season ticket cancels, and trying to persuade people into keeping their seats.

DumpJerry
12-01-2007, 01:29 PM
We had the 27 game package for the last few years, and I had to make the tough decision to give it up. Probably going with a 4-5 seat Ozzie plan instead, we are just too busy with work and the kids activities to commit to 27 games. The Sox have sent me 3 or 4 emails asking me about my failure to pay for the 27 game package.(Giving me the oppurtunity to pay, and still retain the tickets even though we passed the payment deadline) Also received at least 1 phone call about the account. So I would say they are facing alot of season ticket cancels, and trying to persuade people into keeping their seats.
The thing is, this could be what they do every year to people who do not renew. I would expect phone calls and emails any time someone does not renew, even if there is a wait list. What has the been the experience of others who did not renew in past years?

There has not been a major salary dump, so I don't think the team is worried about overall revenues.

spiffie
12-01-2007, 01:52 PM
The thing is, this could be what they do every year to people who do not renew. I would expect phone calls and emails any time someone does not renew, even if there is a wait list. What has the been the experience of others who did not renew in past years?

There has not been a major salary dump, so I don't think the team is worried about overall revenues.
I didn't renew this year, and I haven't heard anything from the Sox trying to get me to renew. Not even a call from my rep asking if there was any reason I didn't send in my check. It was kind of surprising, considering that the teams are usually so aggressive in trying to get new season ticket holders/ticket buyers.

thegooch
12-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I didn't renew this year, and I haven't heard anything from the Sox trying to get me to renew. Not even a call from my rep asking if there was any reason I didn't send in my check. It was kind of surprising, considering that the teams are usually so aggressive in trying to get new season ticket holders/ticket buyers.

The same goes for me. I didn't renew and I haven't heard squat(emails or phone calls) from the white sox.

Brian26
12-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Also, my buddy who forgot to send in his check got a visit from Mark Buehrle and Pablo Ozuna the other day to see if there were any household chores that needed tending to.

Send Pablo over here. I'm going to need my sidewalk shoveled soon, and then we'll talk tickets.

BainesHOF
12-01-2007, 03:16 PM
My ticket rep has showed no interest in keeping my business. I got a basic kiss-off e-mail Friday. Very strange.

DumpJerry
12-01-2007, 03:58 PM

The same goes for me. I didn't renew and I haven't heard squat(emails or phone calls) from the white sox.

My ticket rep has showed no interest in keeping my business. I got a basic kiss-off e-mail Friday. Very strange.

Maybe they have has pretty good luck getting people from the wait-list.

Send Pablo over here. I'm going to need my sidewalk shoveled soon, and then we'll talk tickets.
He's going to be busy for a while. I've got him building a dormer on top of my house and instaling a 10 person Jacuzzi in the basement.

I hear Dye is available, however.

jabrch
12-01-2007, 04:35 PM
You guys clearly showed no interest in renewing by not paying on time - why do you think they would interpret that as meaning that you wanted calls to discuss the matter? It isn't like you didn't get ample notification.

I doubt the Sox are nearly as desperate as many think.

spiffie
12-01-2007, 04:58 PM
You guys clearly showed no interest in renewing by not paying on time - why do you think they would interpret that as meaning that you wanted calls to discuss the matter? It isn't like you didn't get ample notification.

I doubt the Sox are nearly as desperate as many think.
It struck me as odd that an organization that is as aggressive as the Sox (and the Bulls, as they obviously share information) about trying to get people doesn't have their reps make calls to long-time customers asking if they were not interested. Don't get me wrong, I am not offended or angry about it. My self-esteem is not damaged by this, and I hope that they sold my seats off 10 seconds after they checked me off as not returning. But it seems strange to me the same people who have been calling me for two years to buy Bulls group tickets because once I bought group sales for a Sox game would not be contacting people who have spent thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars, to see if there's any interest in retaining that business. If that's simply because they have so many people clamoring to buy season tickets that's awesome and I really do hope that's the case.

jabrch
12-01-2007, 05:11 PM
It struck me as odd that an organization that is as aggressive as the Sox (and the Bulls, as they obviously share information) about trying to get people doesn't have their reps make calls to long-time customers asking if they were not interested. Don't get me wrong, I am not offended or angry about it. My self-esteem is not damaged by this, and I hope that they sold my seats off 10 seconds after they checked me off as not returning. But it seems strange to me the same people who have been calling me for two years to buy Bulls group tickets because once I bought group sales for a Sox game would not be contacting people who have spent thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars, to see if there's any interest in retaining that business. If that's simply because they have so many people clamoring to buy season tickets that's awesome and I really do hope that's the case.

No - I agree it is surprising...and we know attendance will drop off. But I think the Sox management is going to avoid shows of desperation. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

DumpJerry
12-01-2007, 06:09 PM
When Kenny and Ozzie get to my house tonight (they're due around 6:00) with the ribs and beer, I'll ask them if they know anything about the renewal rate.

dickallen15
12-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Whether or not you get called and pursued could be as simple as the quality of rep you have. It isn't good business to lose business and not at least ask why. I'm sure the people in charge would be interested to know no effort was made to find out why you weren't renewing, because some have been contacted, and I'm sure some minds have been changed. Just because there are names on a list that might be willing to take your place, doesn't mean there always will be. I don't think anyone would be offended if they were contacted and asked why they weren't renewing, in fact that small effort might get them to come back.

diehardRLsoxfan
12-01-2007, 08:58 PM
For those people who were just requesting a change in location- has anyone been notified if they have accepted the request or not?

jabrch
12-01-2007, 09:26 PM
in fact that small effort might get them to come back.

Really? Are there people that make a decision as significant as how to spent that much of their time and money, and then some total stranger can call them and get them to change their mind?

When I eventually don't enjoy baseball games enough to surrender my season tickets, I can promise you some guy who I talk to once or twice a year isn't going to change my mind.

chisoxmike
12-01-2007, 09:27 PM
For those people who were just requesting a change in location- has anyone been notified if they have accepted the request or not?

No. Monday is the 2nd payment for people that chose the Auto-pay plan.

After all payments are paid on Monday and they know who is 50% paid up, they'll start talking relocation. Dont expect anything for a week or so though, I think.

jabrch
12-01-2007, 09:27 PM

I have for one of my 3 sets of tickets. Waiting on the other two.

BainesHOF
12-01-2007, 10:08 PM
In my case I made it clear to my rep that I would renew immediately if my request was able to be met. It's a long story that I won't bore you with here. What's aggravated me is not that my request may not be able to be granted, but that my rep has repeated acted like I'm talking to him for the first time about it to the point it's pretty clear he's just blowing me off. On a couple occasions he told me one thing was going to happen, then he did something completely different. Last week he couldn't even bother to return an e-mail.

It's just not good business practice to treat someone who's spent thousands of dollars on your product and could spends thousands more in the future like that.

ilsox7
12-01-2007, 10:16 PM
In my case I made it clear to my rep that I would renew immediately if my request was able to be met. It's a long story that I won't bore you with here. What's aggravated me is not that my request may not be able to be granted, but that my rep has repeated acted like I'm talking to him for the first time about it to the point it's pretty clear he's just blowing me off. On a couple occasions he told me one thing was going to happen, then he did something completely different. Last week he couldn't even bother to return an e-mail.

It's just not good business practice to treat someone who's spent thousands of dollars on your product and could spends thousands more in the future like that.

I'd elevate it to his boss.

jabrch
12-01-2007, 10:21 PM

Well, I am not sure what your request was, but provided it wasnt outrageous, that's STUPID. They should be better with their season ticket holders than that. I know I have had good fortune with my ticket reps to have not been treated like that.

champagne030
12-01-2007, 10:22 PM

Your ticket rep sucks. My original ticket rep was Tom Sheridan. He's now the head ticket guy. My next rep is still with the Sox. I've been friendly with all of them and they take care of me.

I'd contact Tom and tell him the way you were treated. The waiting list isn't close to covering the people not renewing, or so I've been told........

dickallen15
12-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Really? Are there people that make a decision as significant as how to spent that much of their time and money, and then some total stranger can call them and get them to change their mind?

When I eventually don't enjoy baseball games enough to surrender my season tickets, I can promise you some guy who I talk to once or twice a year isn't going to change my mind.
The bottom line is the good reps should be someone who isn't a total stranger. I've had several reps over the years, and the first few were good, then I had Brad Dreher for a couple of years and he was the absolute best. If you had him as a rep and decided you didn't want tickets anymore, if he called and it wasn't about not being able to afford them anymore or time constraints not allowing you to use them, he'd be able to get you back. Then I had Chris, I can't imagine anyone being worse than him. He finally left this year or was let go, and I have a new guy who I have yet to have any contact with. They really need to train these reps better. You actually used to get the personal attention from a ticket rep they advertise.. Winning sells tickets, but championships aren't something that regularly occur on the South Side. At least before Chris came along for me, the guys used to call me once in a while just to see how everything was, if I had any suggestions as far as improvements with their department. Maybe not with you, but with a lot of people, if you have a good relationship with your rep and you're not just someone getting a mass mailing all the time, the odds of renewal are a lot better.

BainesHOF
12-02-2007, 01:22 AM
I'd elevate it to his boss.

Today I e-mailed my old ticket rep, Greg Hodges, who was great, and was promoted a couple years ago. He should remember my situation, which involves the "Lead-Off" plan being cancelled after the 2005 season. The last two years I've been a full season-ticket holder in a lesser location in the bleachers.

Again, I'm not mad that it might not be possible to go back to where I used to be. I'm just ticked that my current rep showed no real interest in seeing if he could help me.

ilsox7
12-02-2007, 01:27 AM
Today I e-mailed my old ticket rep, Greg Hodges, who was great, and was promoted a couple years ago. He should remember my situation, which involves the "Lead-Off" plan being cancelled after the 2005 season. The last two years I've been a full season-ticket holder in a lesser location in the bleachers.

Again, I'm not mad that it might not be possible to go back to where I used to be. I'm just ticked that my current rep showed no real interest in seeing if he could help me.

It's poor form, you are correct. The Sox need to be much better at this from what I am reading about here.

Bob G
12-02-2007, 12:05 PM
My ticket rep (Natalie) sent me an email stating the relocation requests would be handled between Dec. 14-22.

itsnotrequired
12-02-2007, 12:39 PM
My ticket rep (Natalie) sent me an email stating the relocation requests would be handled between Dec. 14-22.

That is definitely a departure from what I understood the original plan to be. My understanding was that relocations would be COMPLETED by the 14th and that is when new sales would open up. Seems like new sales will not take place until Christmas at the earliest.

BeefyD
12-02-2007, 01:33 PM
According to Scott Gbor, Christmas-time is about when new 27-game plans will go on sale. I'm a current Ozzie-plan holder with interest in a 27-game plan.

However, I'm thinking the Ozzie plan may be the way to go, especially if re-ordering this week will get me lower-deck seats (the whole reason for wanting to move to 27 games - last year we were in Upper all season).

soxfan21
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Do you think that they will have any 27 game plans in lower reserved this year? I was planning on getting one of those, but if there are no lower deck tickets left for this, I might get an ozzie plan as well. I think that it would also be rediculous if there are no 27 game plans in the lower deck at all after seeing and reading that not a lot of fans are renewing thier leases.

Tekijawa
12-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Today I e-mailed my old ticket rep, Greg Hodges, who was great, ....

He was great, I had a girl Kari who replaced him for like a week and now I have Jeff Bogaki who only responds to questions, and that's usually a week later... I've asked Greg a couple of times to Demote himself and he hasn't taken me up... He was GREAT!

TRAIN THESE NEW PEOPLE!

Cat Thief
12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
He was great, I had a girl Kari who replaced him for like a week and now I have Jeff Bogaki who only responds to questions, and that's usually a week later... I've asked Greg a couple of times to Demote himself and he hasn't taken me up... He was GREAT!

TRAIN THESE NEW PEOPLE!

Jeff always answers my emails, normally within a couple of hours.

:thumbsup:

Cat Thief
12-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Well at least I was contacted about my relocation today.

chisoxmike
12-05-2007, 02:27 PM

By e-mail or phone? I know you're right by me, are you moving?

Cat Thief
12-05-2007, 02:39 PM
By e-mail or phone? I know you're right by me, are you moving?

Both email and phone. I didn't split the tickets in Sec 149 Row 30 this year. I moved my 27 game plan from Sec 150 Row 11 over to 149 Row 26. I was hoping to get further back but I will take this for now. Row 26 isn't quite underneath the overhang.

duke of dorwood
12-05-2007, 02:42 PM
That is definitely a departure from what I understood the original plan to be. My understanding was that relocations would be COMPLETED by the 14th and that is when new sales would open up. Seems like new sales will not take place until Christmas at the earliest.

After today its doubtful there are many new sales

pdimas
12-05-2007, 02:49 PM

TRAIN THESE NEW PEOPLE!

I also had Greg (who was great again) then Kari and now am with Tyler Johnson who has been great as well. Now that I remember I want to send him a little something for all that he did for us this past year. He really went above and beyond for us.

itsnotrequired
12-05-2007, 10:38 PM

Same here. I wasn't at my desk all day but had a voice mail waiting on my phone at the end of the day (no e-mail though). I am looking to add a seat and my rep located a set in the same section closer to home but two rows back. It is on the aisle but I would be looking through all the goons walking up the aisle. Far side of the section or bust for me. I left my rep a message and hope to hear from him tomorrow.

SOXandILLINI
12-07-2007, 07:43 PM
The bottom line is the good reps should be someone who isn't a total stranger. I've had several reps over the years, and the first few were good, then I had Brad Dreher for a couple of years and he was the absolute best. If you had him as a rep and decided you didn't want tickets anymore, if he called and it wasn't about not being able to afford them anymore or time constraints not allowing you to use them, he'd be able to get you back. Then I had Chris, I can't imagine anyone being worse than him. He finally left this year or was let go, and I have a new guy who I have yet to have any contact with. They really need to train these reps better. You actually used to get the personal attention from a ticket rep they advertise.. Winning sells tickets, but championships aren't something that regularly occur on the South Side. At least before Chris came along for me, the guys used to call me once in a while just to see how everything was, if I had any suggestions as far as improvements with their department. Maybe not with you, but with a lot of people, if you have a good relationship with your rep and you're not just someone getting a mass mailing all the time, the odds of renewal are a lot better.

If you are talking about Chris S. , you are big time correct, I went over his head 1 time because he was totally blowing me off, then I got a rather terse voice meesage from him. I would bet he was released. My new guy seems ok, for now, still waiting to hear about relocation.

itsnotrequired
12-07-2007, 08:28 PM
If you are talking about Chris S. , you are big time correct, I went over his head 1 time because he was totally blowing me off, then I got a rather terse voice meesage from him. I would bet he was released. My new guy seems ok, for now, still waiting to hear about relocation.

I see this guy's name thrown around as a poor rep. Fortunately, I have only had good like with my reps. Tom Collins was my rep in 2006 and got promoted. Joe Jung filled the role in 2007 and he too got promoted. Dan Render is my rep now and so far, he has done an excellent job. He called me about relocation and left a voice mail, I left him a response voice mail and the next day, he left me another voice mail AND an e-mail just so he wouldn't miss me. So far, so good.:thumbsup:

skobabe8
12-08-2007, 10:01 AM
How many accounts does each rep handle?

itsnotrequired
12-08-2007, 10:32 AM
How many accounts does each rep handle?

Several hundred, I would have to imagine.

gogosox16
12-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm starting to get a little ticked cause my rep isnt doing anything. I have to call him and hearing that your reps have called or e-mailed is getting me pissed that my guy is pretty much blowing me off

chisoxmike
12-08-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm starting to get a little ticked cause my rep isnt doing anything. I have to call him and hearing that your reps have called or e-mailed is getting me pissed that my guy is pretty much blowing me off

I haven't gotten any notice yet.

Relocations are done by seniority. I'd hold off a week before calling.

itsnotrequired
12-08-2007, 12:02 PM

I contacted my new rep as soon as I heard Joe was being promoted. I asked about adding a third set for next season and he said to just note my preferences on the renewal form. He indicated the reps themselves would be handling the relocation/upgrades (as opposed to some group created specifically for that task). I called him the day after first payment was due hoping to score the seat next to me and he indicated it would take them a while to get things straightened out.

So to be fair, I had already spoken to my new rep twice before he contacted me about adding an extra seat. He already knew who I was and could tell I really wanted to get that third seat. Whether that mattered or not in terms of me getting contacted before others isn't clear but if you make the effort to touch base with your rep, more than likely they will make an effort to touch base with you. The reps handle hundreds of accounts so letting them know who you are can only help your case.

itsnotrequired
12-08-2007, 12:07 PM
I haven't gotten any notice yet.

Relocations are done by seniority. I'd hold off a week before calling.

Also keep in mind that reps are "fighting" with each other over upgrades. That is to say, there is a limited pool of seats available for upgrade and all the reps draw from the same pool. In other words, each rep is not assigned their own sets of seats from which they can upgrade their own accounts. They are all working on the same set of seats.

When my rep first contacted me about adding a third seat, he said he could hold the location for 24 hours and then it would be released back into the pool and I would go to the bottom of the list. This also slows down the process of getting contacted since more senior ticket holders get time to decide what they want to do.

Keep the "go to the bottom of the list" scenario in mind when your rep contacts you about an upgrade. If you don't like the seat they offer you, more than likely you will not get a better one the second time around.

raven1
12-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Since they contact in order of seniority of how long you've had season tickets, does anyone have any indication of how far they've gotten on the list? For anyone who has been contacted in the last couple days - how long have you had tickets? I haven't been contacted yet, but I've only had these seats since 2005 & the last email from my rep said they would be completing upgrades by Dec 14.

itsnotrequired
12-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Since they contact in order of seniority of how long you've had season tickets, does anyone have any indication of how far they've gotten on the list? For anyone who has been contacted in the last couple days - how long have you had tickets? I haven't been contacted yet, but I've only had these seats since 2005 & the last email from my rep said they would be completing upgrades by Dec 14.

I became a full-season holder starting ion 2006. My rep contacted me on Wednesday of last week. My seats are in Upper Reserve and I was looking to stay in that area so it probably wasn't too difficult to accommodate me. I would have to imagine seating upgrades in the lower deck will take a lot more time.

Harry Potter
12-09-2007, 12:45 PM

I have been a full-season ticket holder (lower reserved) since 2006. My ticket rep called me a few days ago on Thursday. The two relocation options he mentioned weren't that much better, so we decided to stay put in our current seats.

Jerko
12-12-2007, 11:13 AM
I haven't read the entire thread, and I did NOT request a relocation, but my rep contacted me yesterday and offered me a slight upgrade. I have the 27 game weekend plan and I moved from 158 -13- 3 to 159 row 8 seat 1. I only have one ticket in my account so I'm sure it was easier to move me than an entire group, so I don't know how they're going to fulfill full season relocation requests or larger group requests.

chisoxmike
12-12-2007, 11:17 AM
I haven't read the entire thread, and I did NOT request a relocation, but my rep contacted me yesterday and offered me a slight upgrade. I have the 27 game weekend plan and I moved from 158 -13- 3 to 159 row 8 seat 1. I only have one ticket in my account so I'm sure it was easier to move me than an entire group, so I don't know how they're going to fulfill full season relocation requests or larger group requests.

Ok, thats crap. I did request a relocation, and I haven't gotten a call.

itsnotrequired
12-12-2007, 11:21 AM

Have you called your rep yet?

chisoxmike
12-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Have you called your rep yet?

No, I didn't want to bother her. I'm sure she has a ton of jags calling her all day wondering why they haven't gotten relocations. I understand I'm probably low on the seniority list and my seats (in 148) can't be upgraded too much. But I would think that someone who DID request a relocation would get a call over someone who did not.

I may type a e-mail at some point today...:cool:

Jerko
12-12-2007, 11:34 AM

The only thing I can think of is that 2 years ago I requested an aisle seat. I was told I would be on an "aisle seat waiting list". A friend of mine, who was never a ST holder before (I've had my plan since 02), asked for an aisle seat AFTER my request was denied and he got one. I can't believe this move was from my long-ago request. I don't even have the same rep anymore. Who the hell knows?

soxfan21
12-12-2007, 11:36 AM
No, I didn't want to bother her. I'm sure she has a ton of jags calling her all day wondering why they haven't gotten relocations. I understand I'm probably low on the seniority list and my seats (in 148) can't be upgraded too much. But I would think that someone who DID request a relocation would get a call over someone who did not.

I may type a e-mail at some point today...:cool:
I would try to find out soon if I was you, because I became a season ticket holder this year (lower reserved) and my rep said that she is going to call me on the 17th to finalize the location of my seats for next year.

chisoxmike
12-12-2007, 11:36 AM
The only thing I can think of is that 2 years ago I requested an aisle seat. I was told I would be on an "aisle seat waiting list". A friend of mine, who was never a ST holder before (I've had my plan since 02), asked for an aisle seat AFTER my request was denied and he got one. I can't believe this move was from my long-ago request. I don't even have the same rep anymore. Who the hell knows?

Ah, that makes sense. Kind of funny they have a "aisle seat waiting list." I didn't know I was in prime real estate. :bandance:

Jerko
12-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Ah, that makes sense. Kind of funny they have a "aisle seat waiting list." I didn't know I was in prime real estate. :bandance:

I didn't believe there really was a waiting list because my buddy asked for an aisle seat AFTER I did and got one immediately. I was already a ST holder and he was not, so I figured if there really was a waiting list I should have been before him.

Tekijawa
12-12-2007, 11:48 AM

Welcome to my Section, you should be right on the bullpen... You'll be across the aisle from Kenny "Let's go White Sox Let's Go!"

nevr say dye sox
12-13-2007, 01:29 PM
does anybody have seats in sec 150? I just got word from my rep offering me 150 row 6 seats 1 & 2. I was in sec 113 last 2 years, so can anybody let me know how the view will be from these seats and this side of the field.

Tekijawa
12-13-2007, 01:38 PM
I usually walk down that Aisle durring batting practice... lots of foul balls

soxfan21
12-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Those are pretty good seats. I sat in 150 row 10 a few times last year, and it is a pretty decent view from there. Got to see pods pretty good (when he was not injured). If the row that they are offering you now is closer to the action than the seats that you had last year were I'd say go for it. These seats are almost the exact opposite of the seats you had last year, I think these are 1 section closer to the plate though.

Tekijawa
12-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Those are pretty good seats. I sat in 150 row 10 a few times last year, and it is a pretty decent view from there. Got to see pods pretty good (when he was not injured). If the row that they are offering you now is closer to the action than the seats that you had last year were I'd say go for it. These seats are almost the exact opposite of the seats you had last year, I think these are 1 section closer to the plate though.

Keep in mind that you'll be in the Sun the whole time for day games.

nevr say dye sox
12-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Yeah I thought about that, my seats in 113 did not get sun all year, which sucked in the beginning of the year, but was nice in the middle of summer. Now these will be great in April and May, but not great in June and July.

DumpJerry
12-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah I thought about that, my seats in 113 did not get sun all year, which sucked in the beginning of the year, but was nice in the middle of summer. Now these will be great in April and May, but not great in June and July.
I'm in 112 and choose the First Base side for the reason it gets too damn hot in the park on those sunny July and August days! While waiting for the shade to hit my row (20), I've been known to move back some rows just to get out of the Sun on the really hot days. On the cold April and May days, there are usually plenty of empty seats in 101-106 for me sit in the Sun and stay warm.

I also like the fact I can see everything on all scoreboards except the time of day clock which I don't need since Baseball is timeless.

My relocation request keeps me on the First Base side (if it comes through).

PalehosePlanet
12-13-2007, 03:54 PM

I'm in 149, row 15, and yes it gets HOT!! I've requested a move to the RF/1B side.

jenn2080
12-13-2007, 04:47 PM
I just got a call a bit ago. I rejected the location they gave me because sitting in 162 all the way to the left def. has some obstructive views. I am waiting to hear back from my rep.

nevr say dye sox
12-13-2007, 04:49 PM
anybody here sit in sec 116? Just got another offer for Sec 116 RW 35 seats 5-6. I think this is better than 150 rw 6 cause I won't be in the sun. Any thoughts on the Section?

champagne030
12-13-2007, 04:53 PM
I just got a call a bit ago. I rejected the location they gave me because sitting in 162 all the way to the left def. has some obstructive views. I am waiting to hear back from my rep.

Obstructed views of the game or the scoreboards?

Sargeant79
12-13-2007, 04:54 PM
anybody here sit in sec 116? Just got another offer for Sec 116 RW 35 seats 5-6. I think this is better than 150 rw 6 cause I won't be in the sun. Any thoughts on the Section?

116 is a pretty good spot. I believe that would be the last row of that section, so you would actually never be directly in the sun. If you like the feeling of being close to the field, take Section 150. If you want the best overall view of the game, 116 would be the best bet...you can actually see better from a bit higher up.

jenn2080
12-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Obstructed views of the game or the scoreboards?

Scoreboards and the field

champagne030
12-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Scoreboards and the field

The fan deck blocks field views even in 162? I did not know that......

DumpJerry
12-13-2007, 07:36 PM
I emailed my rep a couple of days ago. He said it'll be a week or so before I might know.

By the way, the poster who asked about 116: It's a good location section. That row is high enough to protect you from any rain and also you can see the field better than in the lower rows. If you can, go to the park and ask to be shown the seats they are offering you before you accept. You might not see the pitch speed sign.

salty99
12-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Upgrade finalized for skobabe8 and converted!

Moving from 533/8 to 538/1! I'm pretty happy, hopefully there's no blocked view from the aisles or anything.

I was contacted on 12/10 by my rep Dave. I dont have much seniority with actual season plans, only since 2006. I had Ozzie plans before that.

I'm ready for SOXFEST!

u still have the weekday plan?

HITMEN OF 77
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Welcome to my Section, you should be right on the bullpen... You'll be across the aisle from Kenny "Let's go White Sox Let's Go!"
My section too. I've been in row 26 for a few years, I'm hoping I move up some rows this year though.

BeefyD
12-13-2007, 09:35 PM
I was an Ozzie plan holder last year, and my rep knows I am looking to upgrade to the 27-game plan. I was told first of the year for new 27-game plans.

Glad to hear that some relocations are being finalized!

roylestillman
12-13-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm a 27 game weekday plan in the outfield and got my relocation spot yesterday. One section over, four rows down,

soxfan21
12-14-2007, 08:11 AM
I'll be a 27 game weekend holder this year, sitting in lower reserved, my rep said that she would call me on the 17th to finalize where I will be sitting this season. Pretty excited about that.

raven1
12-14-2007, 10:06 AM
It sounds like the activities from the reps has really stepped up in the last few days. After not hearing anything, I finally got called & was able to both upgrade my seat location (Sec 536 row 9 middle to Sec 535 row 6 aisle seats) plus convert from full season to two 27-game plans. Hopefully this doesn't indicate that the Sox had too many nonrenewals from people giving up on the team.

billnahorodny
12-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Seems like most of the processed upgrades have been completed for 27 game plan holders. Have any full season holders been notified yet? My rep, Rob Boaz, said it would be within the next week or so.

itsnotrequired
12-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Seems like most of the processed upgrades have been completed for 27 game plan holders. Have any full season holders been notified yet? My rep, Rob Boaz, said it would be within the next week or so.

I am a full season holder and my upgrade was taken care of last week.

soxfan21
12-14-2007, 10:55 AM
I would say that if you haven't been contacted yet about relocations that you should probably call your rep or email them and find out what is going on. New split-season ticket holders are going to be contacted next week about seat locations, thats all I know right now.

chisoxmike
12-14-2007, 11:20 AM
I would say that if you haven't been contacted yet about relocations that you should probably call your rep or email them and find out what is going on. New split-season ticket holders are going to be contacted next week about seat locations, thats all I know right now.

My rep told me today, that they are behind with relocations and things should be finalized by the end of next week.

salty99
12-14-2007, 12:17 PM
My rep told me today, that they are behind with relocations and things should be finalized by the end of next week.

I got the same message from Natalie.

skobabe8
12-14-2007, 12:49 PM
u still have the weekday plan?

yep

nevr say dye sox
12-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Completed my move went from Sec 113 to Sec 116. From what my rep told me was 27 game packages are going to start in lower deck 112-113 and on 3rd base side 152-153. Was hoping to get sec 118 but this will work for this year.

jenn2080
12-14-2007, 03:00 PM
I got a call from my rep today telling me he moved me and the people we sit next to to row 9 seats 1-4 in the same section. I love my rep. HE RULES!

Sad
12-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Completed my move went from Sec 113 to Sec 116. From what my rep told me was 27 game packages are going to start in lower deck 112-113 and on 3rd base side 152-153. Was hoping to get sec 118 but this will work for this year.

116 is decent
I sat there several games last year

russ99
12-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I got a call from my rep today asking me about not renewing my Ozzie plan for next year.

I said my decision was mostly due finances, that it's impossible for me to do that now just before Xmas, and I'd be picking up single-game tickets when they go on sale in late January. Just not any for the Cubs or Red Cubs - I've had enough of those games for now...

What I didn't tell him that how many games I get tickets for at that time directly depends on Kenny making some additions to the roster between now and then.

So I'd think the non-renewers on this thread asking about that - you should have already or will be getting calls from your reps.

Tekijawa
12-18-2007, 03:24 PM
I just moved to section 157 row 12... any one sit in this area? I'm a little concerned with being able to see the lineup scoreboard and fireworks but I think the seats will be much better than 159 row 18... I'm about 4 rows off the bull pen with these.

Edit: I also find it Ironc that I've had "Plan X157" in my sig for about 2 weeks now... Maybe I should have put "Plan free scout seat season tickets" and see where that would have gotten me!

Thanks Jeff, you've been good this year... Much better than Keri was for half of last year, and you've picked it up this year!

pdimas
12-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I got a call from my rep today telling me he moved me and the people we sit next to to row 9 seats 1-4 in the same section. I love my rep. HE RULES!

You'll be closer to your honey :D:. Did he ever get a hold of the rep and take care of his ticket?

Cuck the Fubs
12-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Just got an e mail & phone call from my rep.........

We are currently in Sec 158 row 16 on the aisle.......best we could do was Sec 158 row 13 in the middle.

We chose to stay on the aisle.......3 rows closer isn't worth the sacrifice!

jenn2080
12-18-2007, 04:51 PM
You'll be closer to your honey :D:. Did he ever get a hold of the rep and take care of his ticket?

Not yet. Tyler stinks!

pdimas
12-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Not yet. Tyler stinks!

He keeps confusing him with Scott Brechtel. I corrected him a few times. :smile:

Tyler has been a fantastic rep for us. I gotta send him a bottle of something....

Good times having skotty and nick next to us next year....

roylestillman
12-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I just moved to section 157 row 12... any one sit in this area? I'm a little concerned with being able to see the lineup scoreboard and fireworks but I think the seats will be much better than 159 row 18... I'm about 4 rows off the bull pen with these.

Edit: I also find it Ironc that I've had "Plan X157" in my sig for about 2 weeks now... Maybe I should have put "Plan free scout seat season tickets" and see where that would have gotten me!

Thanks Jeff, you've been good this year... Much better than Keri was for half of last year, and you've picked it up this year!

Hey, that's where we just got moved to. I'm 157, Row 12, 17-19 on the weekday plan. You can forget the lineup, I couldn't see that from 158.

Tekijawa
12-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Hey, that's where we just got moved to. I'm 157, Row 12, 17-19 on the weekday plan. You can forget the lineup, I couldn't see that from 158.
I'm a weekender... seats 1-4... I'm pretty happy. I figure that I can move over a couple of sections for the fireworks. I'll have to check in on the old friends in 159 occasionally. My guess is that our old seats will be empty for a couple of games this season.

salty99
12-18-2007, 05:46 PM
i was just offered for weekend plan:
531 row 13
150 not sure on row
114 not sure on row
158 or 159 - row 15

not sure what i want to do yet

HITMEN OF 77
12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Just got my call this afternoon. Moved down 19 rows. Sec 159 Row 7 seats 19-20. Woo Hoo!!

BeefyD
12-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Nice! You're right next to the pen. I used to buy tickets off of a friend who owns aisle seats in Row8, Sec157 (first row behind bullpen), and I must say, although it was great to sit there in '03 when it was DEAD at the ballpark, what a PAIN it was in '05 and '06 (as Im sure it still is) to deal with everyone running down to watch the people in the pen, try to get autographs (ya know, WHILE THE GAME IS GOING ON), and take pictures. I've had beer and Pepsi spilled on me, kids running in front of me to cut across, etc. I stopped buying from him (I also had the Ozzie Plan, so these were extra games for me that he couldn't go to). It was too crowded down there with the extra people.

soxfan21
12-19-2007, 06:02 AM
Did anyone get any calls about new plans yet? I was getting a 27 game weekend plan this season and was told I would be called around the 17th to finalize my seat location, and still have not recieved a call yet. Just wondering if anyone else is having this same problem.

Tekijawa
12-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Nice! You're right next to the pen. I used to buy tickets off of a friend who owns aisle seats in Row8, Sec157 (first row behind bullpen), and I must say, although it was great to sit there in '03 when it was DEAD at the ballpark, what a PAIN it was in '05 and '06 (as Im sure it still is) to deal with everyone running down to watch the people in the pen, try to get autographs (ya know, WHILE THE GAME IS GOING ON), and take pictures. I've had beer and Pepsi spilled on me, kids running in front of me to cut across, etc. I stopped buying from him (I also had the Ozzie Plan, so these were extra games for me that he couldn't go to). It was too crowded down there with the extra people.

My son will be 1 year old in less than a month... I'm used to having things much more disgusting than beer and Pepsi spilled on me. The good news is that I'm seats 1-4 so at least they wont be in the way of the action with the Aisle to the right of me and the action to the left.

SouthSideSoxFan
12-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Did anyone get any calls about new plans yet? I was getting a 27 game weekend plan this season and was told I would be called around the 17th to finalize my seat location, and still have not recieved a call yet. Just wondering if anyone else is having this same problem.
No contact from my rep except to answer my emails, I have two weekend seats (115 row 25) and four full season seats (118 row 33). I ping him every week since this thread came up and he's always sounded like any upgrades are not particularly likely.

jenn2080
12-19-2007, 11:00 AM
He keeps confusing him with Scott Brechtel. I corrected him a few times. :smile:

Tyler has been a fantastic rep for us. I gotta send him a bottle of something....

You are the only ones I know that actually have a good relationship with him

HITMEN OF 77
12-19-2007, 11:22 AM
No contact from my rep except to answer my emails, I have two weekend seats (115 row 25) and four full season seats (118 row 33). I ping him every week since this thread came up and he's always sounded like any upgrades are not particularly likely.

I was told by my rep, a lot of people moved from the outfield (Sec 158-159) to lower box seats. I guess a ton of people are relocating seats this year.

salty99
12-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I decided to stay in the upper deck. I like the view of the whole field. I'm sure I'll have plenty of tickets to sell this year though.

It's Dankerific
12-19-2007, 01:06 PM
And in good news (for the Sox), I've been told it doesnt look like I'll be able to move closer to the plate in the club level. =(

least it means that area is still selling.

Sockinchisox
12-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Our rep. called us a couple days ago, we downgraded from full season to 27, but got better seats.

150/11.

Sad
12-19-2007, 01:53 PM
531 row 13
150 not sure on row
114 not sure on row
158 or 159 - row 15

take 531 or 114

chisoxmike
12-19-2007, 01:54 PM
531 row 13
150 not sure on row
114 not sure on row
158 or 159 - row 15

Take 114.

salty99
12-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Take 114.

too late..when I called back they said it was out to 111 now. I took 531.

PopsBrechtel
12-19-2007, 02:29 PM

I'm just glad you spelled my name right :smile:

Tyler has been awesome.

Scott A.K.A. Pops

jenn2080
12-19-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm just glad you spelled my name right :smile:

Tyler has been awesome.

Scott A.K.A. Pops

Tyler maybe awesome to some, but not to all. No one is better than my rep Rob Boaz. Has anyone ever sent a Xmas gift to their rep?

PopsBrechtel
12-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Tyler maybe awesome to some, but not to all. No one is better than my rep Rob Boaz. Has anyone ever sent a Xmas gift to their rep?

Well as long as we are both getting what we want that's all that matters.

Merry Chrsitmas to all!

skottyj242
12-19-2007, 02:50 PM
I am now neighbors with pdimas, pdimas sr. and cwsfannick. 160 row 2 seat 7.

PopsBrechtel
12-19-2007, 03:04 PM

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!

Keep Nick out of trouble for me. I'll miss sitting next to him this coming season.

itsnotrequired
12-19-2007, 03:31 PM

Sounds like an inside job to get that seat.

pdimas
12-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!

Keep Nick out of trouble for me. I'll miss sitting next to him this coming season.

I am already looking forward to this years opening day tailgate :gulp:.

Nick, my dad and I are planning on going to spring training St. Patty's day weekend for the 3rd consecutive year. Anyone else down to go?

pdimas
12-19-2007, 03:36 PM
:noevil:Sounds like an inside job to get that seat.

PopsBrechtel
12-19-2007, 03:36 PM
I am already looking forward to this years opening day tailgate :gulp:.

Nick, my dad and I are planning on going to spring training St. Patty's day weekend for the 3rd consecutive year. Anyone else down to go?

I'd love to go eventually, but no more money left for this year :(:

itsnotrequired
12-19-2007, 03:40 PM
I'd love to go eventually, but no more money left for this year :(:

Spring Training is next year.

:redneck

pdimas
12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
You are the only ones I know that actually have a good relationship with him

Really? He's been great to us and has actually gone out of his way for us. He's been the best rep we have had since Greg Hodges.

twsoxfan5
12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I was told by my rep, a lot of people moved from the outfield (Sec 158-159) to lower box seats. I guess a ton of people are relocating seats this year.

Yeah we moved our tickets from 159. We were in 159 row 17 and now we are in 103 row 3. Does anyone know how that view is from the lower rows. I imagine that some of the scoreboard will be blocked by the fan deck.

skottyj242
12-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Just got an e mail & phone call from my rep.........

We are currently in Sec 158 row 16 on the aisle.......best we could do was Sec 158 row 13 in the middle.

We chose to stay on the aisle.......3 rows closer isn't worth the sacrifice!

Those are probably my old tickets that we didn't renew.

jenn2080
12-19-2007, 04:06 PM

Yeah if your tix were in row 13 they might be.

chisoxmike
12-19-2007, 04:07 PM
I was offered one today. I passed.

FoulkeFan
12-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah we moved our tickets from 159. We were in 159 row 17 and now we are in 103 row 3. Does anyone know how that view is from the lower rows. I imagine that some of the scoreboard will be blocked by the fan deck.

My tickets were in section 102 row 5. I couldn't see most of the scoreboard but the view from 103 should be a little better, especially in the higher numbered seats (closer to section 104). The view of the field is great from there though!

twsoxfan5
12-19-2007, 04:28 PM
My tickets were in section 102 row 5. I couldn't see most of the scoreboard but the view from 103 should be a little better, especially in the higher numbered seats (closer to section 104). The view of the field is great from there though!

Cool thanks for the info. We mostly moved b/c the kid behind us never ever stopped talking, the guys next to us got up to pee 400 times per game, and the vendor is our section was overbearing. He was very nice and I thought it was cool that he stopped by to talk at first, but by the end of the season he would sit next to us and ask us questions during critical parts of the game. So we politely moved out of his section.

Tekijawa
12-19-2007, 04:44 PM
I was in Row 18, were you a weekender? Did you sit next to Chris?

MCHSoxFan
12-19-2007, 04:51 PM
My brother and I (CLUBHOUSE KID), as well as my grandmother, are going to get a Full Season package in the Premium Lower Box area. This is because my got a new job that pays significantly more money.

Just wondering, what would give a better view of the WHOLE ENITRE field:Seats behind the dugouts (121-127, 137-143) or around/behind the plate (128-136)? Thanks!!!

Cat Thief
12-19-2007, 05:00 PM
My brother and I (CLUBHOUSE KID), as well as my grandmother, are going to get a Full Season package in the Premium Lower Box area. This is because my got a new job that pays significantly more money.

Just wondering, what would give a better view of the WHOLE ENITRE field:Seats behind the dugouts (121-127, 137-143) or around/behind the plate (128-136)? Thanks!!!

Do you know someone that is going to give you those seats?

MCHSoxFan
12-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Do you know someone that is going to give you those seats?

My ticket rep.

Cat Thief
12-19-2007, 05:45 PM
My ticket rep.

I didn't realize that premium lower box tix were available.

CLUBHOUSE KID
12-19-2007, 05:48 PM
I didn't realize that premium lower box tix were available.

Keep in mind our family gets tickets in Row A. That makes a BIG difference. Premium Lower Box IS SOLD OUT. Just not in Row A.

chisoxmike
12-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Keep in mind our family gets tickets in Row A. That makes a BIG difference. Premium Lower Box IS SOLD OUT. Just not in Row A.

Well, look at you guys...

chisoxfanatic
12-19-2007, 06:56 PM

From my perspective, I enjoy the seats behind the Sox dugout better. In 2005, I sat behind home plate in 131 for a game almost at the top. Though those were very good seats, I still preferred the seats behind the Sox dugout the best. That's where a bunch of us went after the 2-hour rain delay on Opening Night for the 2006 season (the World Series Championship banner unveiling ceremony). The view is outstanding, plus you get to see our guys taking a few swings at the on deck circle!

Cuck the Fubs
12-19-2007, 11:24 PM

You were 3 rows down from us on the weekends and you never said hello?:whiner:

skottyj242
12-20-2007, 09:36 AM
You were 3 rows down from us on the weekends and you never said hello?:whiner:

I was three rows if front of you and you never said hello? I say good day to you sir. Actually I think I sat in my actual assigned seats maybe six games this season. We would always just sit wherever there was an open aisle or go and sit with pdimas and company.

twsoxfan5
12-20-2007, 11:14 AM
I was in Row 18, were you a weekender? Did you sit next to Chris?

No I had the 27 game weekday plan.

soxfan21
12-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Does anyone know if relocations are done yet? I am still waiting on a call to confirm my seating location for my new 27 game weekend plan that I purchased, and am guessing that I will receive that call once all of the relocations are settled in. I emailed the sox last night and have still not received a response from them. Just wondering if anyone here has any idea as to what is going on.

Tekijawa
12-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Does anyone know if relocations are done yet? I am still waiting on a call to confirm my seating location for my new 27 game weekend plan that I purchased, and am guessing that I will receive that call once all of the relocations are settled in. I emailed the sox last night and have still not received a response from them. Just wondering if anyone here has any idea as to what is going on.

New seats won't be started until relocations are done... they're a little bihind on that right now.

soxfan21
12-20-2007, 11:47 AM
New seats won't be started until relocations are done... they're a little bihind on that right now.
I was just becoming a little concerned because they said that they would call me on the 17th to finalize my location, but nothing yet.

Tekijawa
12-20-2007, 11:48 AM
I was just becoming a little concerned because they said that they would call me on the 17th to finalize my location, but nothing yet.
They told me my tickets would be relocated by the 12th... I got my call on the 17th and my due date was yesterday... shouldn't be too much longer.

itsnotrequired
12-20-2007, 11:49 AM

It is my understanding that everyone who requested an upgrade would be contacted before they opened new sales. If you have not yet heard from your rep, contact him/her ASAP.

soxfan21
12-20-2007, 11:52 AM
It is my understanding that everyone who requested an upgrade would be contacted before they opened new sales. If you have not yet heard from your rep, contact him/her ASAP.
I wasn't requesting an upgrade, I was getting a new 27 game weekend plan, so I just emailed the sox b/c I don't know who my rep is yet. From the sound of things though it looks like upgrades should be almost finished so hopefully I'll get a call or an email sometime soon.

itsnotrequired
12-20-2007, 11:55 AM
I wasn't requesting an upgrade, I was getting a new 27 game weekend plan, so I just emailed the sox b/c I don't know who my rep is yet. From the sound of things though it looks like upgrades should be almost finished so hopefully I'll get a call or an email sometime soon.

Ah, I see.

Just sit tight, I guess...

billnahorodny
12-20-2007, 02:07 PM
I was just told that an upgrade from my location (Sec 117) could not be accomodated. My rep (Rob Boaz) told me that some premium lower box upgrades were done for ticketholders with more seniority (>10yrs), but that nothing beyond section 117 was available for upgrade.

jabrch
12-20-2007, 02:13 PM
I was just told that an upgrade from my location (Sec 117) could not be accomodated. My rep (Rob Boaz) told me that some premium lower box upgrades were done for ticketholders with more seniority (>10yrs), but that nothing beyond section 117 was available for upgrade.

Yeah - people inside 118 and in the near front rows (in general) aren't giving their tickets up after a WS, and then a 90 win season based on only one bad year. Many of the people giving up their season tickets are the people who bought tickets in Oct of 2005, or later. I'm not going to call them bandwaggon fans - cuz many are diehard fans. But they were bandwaggon season ticket holders who bought them for WS tickets and for the promise of the future, not the people that had been doing it for 10+ years.

I am in 117 and there were no opportunities for me to upgrade from there.

Cuck the Fubs
12-20-2007, 07:01 PM
I was three rows if front of you and you never said hello? I say good day to you sir. Actually I think I sat in my actual assigned seats maybe six games this season. We would always just sit wherever there was an open aisle or go and sit with pdimas and company.

Fair enough..........but now you moved, so now how the hell am I going to find you?:tongue:

HITMEN OF 77
12-20-2007, 07:09 PM
ticketholders with more seniority (>10yrs)

Everything is seniority driven. If you miss a year, you loose all your seniority, no matter how long you had season tickets.

soxfan21
12-20-2007, 07:58 PM
My rep (natalie) finally called me and we finalized my seats for this season, I'll be in 159 row 10. Not too bad.

HITMEN OF 77
12-20-2007, 08:37 PM
My rep (natalie) finally called me and we finalized my seats for this season, I'll be in 159 row 10. Not too bad.

Your a few rows behind me. What location did you sit at last season?

MCHSoxFan
12-20-2007, 09:40 PM
I just got a call from the White Sox. We are actually going to go with a weekend and a weekday play instead of full 81 game season ticket plan. We were offered BOX151 Row 2 (Aisle seats farther from the plate/3rd base/infield). My grandma would be not going in these seats since they are not Row A. How is the view from there. I mean, you can follow the game pretty well...Right?!?! Also respond if you sit in 113 (Exact seats on 1B side of the field) or farther away (Sections 152-155 and 112-109). Thanks!!!

champagne030
12-20-2007, 10:18 PM
I just got a call from the White Sox. We are actually going to go with a weekend and a weekday play instead of full 81 game season ticket plan. We were offered BOX151 Row 2 (Aisle seats farther from the plate/3rd base/infield). My grandma would be not going in these seats since they are not Row A. How is the view from there. I mean, you can follow the game pretty well...Right?!?! Also respond if you sit in 113 (Exact seats on 1B side of the field) or farther away (Sections 152-155 and 112-109). Thanks!!!

I have seats in row 2 of section 112. I much prefer my seats in row 1 of section 161 (unless it's 90+ and a day game).

itsnotrequired
12-20-2007, 10:20 PM
So was anyone able to score Hannah Montana tix?

:happybday

SOXfnNlansing
12-21-2007, 12:15 AM
I got tickets for the 1st time today. Weekend package sec110 row 12. Not bad for starters.

Steelrod
12-21-2007, 09:06 AM
So was anyone able to score Hannah Montana tix?

:happybday
It was in my Ozzie plan!

soxfan21
12-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Your a few rows behind me. What location did you sit at last season?
This is the first year that I got the weekend 27 game plan.

twsoxfan5
12-21-2007, 09:39 AM

This is a good section. I sat there for 2 years and you have a great view of the field. You also have a great view or an annoying view (depending how you look at it) of the craziness that can occur in the bleachers.

dakuda
12-21-2007, 09:57 AM

I am in 157 row 11. The lineup scoreboard is hard to see, fireworks aren't too bad. If you have a low seat number, I would guess that it gets much harder to see in both cases.

You are 5 rows back from the bullpen -- I am 4 rows.

soxfan21
12-21-2007, 10:00 AM
This is a good section. I sat there for 2 years and you have a great view of the field. You also have a great view or an annoying view (depending how you look at it) of the craziness that can occur in the bleachers.
Yea, I've sat in or around that area a bunch of times in the past, and it does get fun (sometimes annoying) to see the shouting matches and sometimes firghts that do break out in that area, especially during the cubs series.

salty99
12-21-2007, 11:13 AM
So it looks like relocations are done since new plans are being offered online now.

Scottiehaswheels
12-21-2007, 11:16 AM
So it looks like relocations are done since new plans are being offered online now.Well I just did a search... I found a seat better than mine and I haven't heard from my rep so I hope he was able to get me something better than what they are offering on the site...

salty99
12-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Well I just did a search... I found a seat better than mine and I haven't heard from my rep so I hope he was able to get me something better than what they are offering on the site...

Sounds like you need to call the Sox.

redsand22
12-21-2007, 12:00 PM
I haven't heard a thing...nice! :angry:

itsnotrequired
12-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Well I just did a search... I found a seat better than mine and I haven't heard from my rep so I hope he was able to get me something better than what they are offering on the site...

Same here.

How convenient that the Sox put new plans on sale the day that most of them are out of the office.:tongue:

BeefyD
12-21-2007, 01:26 PM
I just emailed my rep. He knew that I was a previous Ozzie plan holder looking to up to a 27-game package.

I expected a phone call prior to an online sale. :angry:

BeefyD
12-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Well, I'm in. Sec. 107, Row 18. Was hoping for down-the-lines, but closest was Sec. 110 or 153. The outfield is fine with me.

One thing I did notice, which they must have just changed, is that the 27-game plan holders (new ones, like me) have postseason options (1 game for each series). The website had 'no postseason options' as of 2 weeks ago.

itsnotrequired
12-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I added a third seat to my plan during the relocation period but wasn't super-crazy about the location. Lo and behold, I called up the Sox today and was able to move up three rows AND have a better sightline!

Big ups to Dave working the skeleton crew at the ticket office today!:bandance:

DumpJerry
12-21-2007, 05:13 PM
I haven't heard a thing...nice! :angry:
Same here. Oh well, it's not the end of the World, my seats are pretty nice. 112, R20, Seats 1&2.

Kuzman
12-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Same here. Oh well, it's not the end of the World, my seats are pretty nice. 112, R20, Seats 1&2.

I'm with ya. Im in sec sec 531, row 13 seats 1 and 2. nice view, wanted to move down a few rows but if im stuck there im not going to be throwing too much of a fit.

Brian26
12-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm with ya. Im in sec sec 531, row 13 seats 1 and 2. nice view, wanted to move down a few rows but if im stuck there im not going to be throwing too much of a fit.

Do you have the weekday plan? I believe Salty's seats were moved to those exact same seats for the weekend plan. If you have a full season plan, that means you've been moved down.

Kuzman
12-24-2007, 10:06 PM
weekend plan and also its seats 3 and 4. i mustve been staring at dumpjerry's post while typing. Hey atleast I'll have a fellow WSIer next to me if I dont move!

DumpJerry
12-24-2007, 11:24 PM
weekend plan and also its seats 3 and 4. i mustve been staring at dumpjerry's post while typing. Hey atleast I'll have a fellow WSIer next to me if I dont move!
My writing is that hypnotic?

Wow.

(send me untold amounts of money)

Kuzman
12-25-2007, 04:40 AM
My writing is that hypnotic?

Wow.

(send me untold amounts of money)

check's in the mail. :smile:

DumpJerry
12-25-2007, 09:13 AM
check's in the mail. :smile:
Thanks!

Why didn't I think of this earlier?

salty99
12-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Do you have the weekday plan? I believe Salty's seats were moved to those exact same seats for the weekend plan. If you have a full season plan, that means you've been moved down.

Mine are at the other end of the aisle in row 13.

CLUBHOUSE KID
12-26-2007, 10:05 AM
We just got an upgrade! BOX151 Row 2. I am so happy that they are aisle seats!!! :D:

OzzieBall
12-27-2007, 04:54 PM
We just got an upgrade! BOX151 Row 2. I am so happy that they are aisle seats!!! :D:

You let me know if you have an extras this year. I love that area of the field.

CLUBHOUSE KID
12-28-2007, 01:24 PM
You let me know if you have an extras this year. I love that area of the field.

Elvis Night.

DumpJerry
01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
My rep called today with my relocation offer. 114, Row 24, seats 1& 2. I would have said yes right away, but I used it as an excuse to get to the ballpark.

I'll miss the old neighborhood of 112, those of you who were moved there, you'll enjoy it!

Cat Thief
01-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Elvis Night.

I'll take those off your hands.

dllrbll7
01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I got moved to 111 row 6. Was hoping to get closer but its not bad since I was in the outfield.

MCHSoxFan
01-09-2008, 10:11 PM
I got moved to 111 row 6. Was hoping to get closer but its not bad since I was in the outfield.

Where were you sitting in the outfield? IMO, lower rows (AA-10) in the lower level corners are not that good of an overall view of the field. Now, if you got BOX111 row 10+, that would be a differnt stroy. As I said, that is just IMO.

dllrbll7
01-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Where were you sitting in the outfield? IMO, lower rows (AA-10) in the lower level corners are not that good of an overall view of the field. Now, if you got BOX111 row 10+, that would be a differnt stroy. As I said, that is just IMO.

Was behind the bullpen bar. I've sat there before and enjoyed the view so I'm not concerned. Plus I will be able to see the scoreboards, or at least most of them with out turning around, plus not having to relocate for fireworks.

redsand22
01-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Moved up 11 rows, 162 row 8.

redsand22
01-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Did anyone else receive an email stating that they were not moved, after they actually talked to their rep and were told they were moving? :angry::angry::angry:

itsnotrequired
01-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Did anyone else receive an email stating that they were not moved, after they actually talked to their rep and were told they were moving? :angry::angry::angry:

negative

redsand22
01-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, I contacted my rep and they said it was a mass email, which I think is odd because many of us have been moved. In any instance he said I'm still moved :gulp:

FoulkeFan
01-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, I contacted my rep and they said it was a mass email, which I think is odd because many of us have been moved. In any instance he said I'm still moved :gulp:

Same here. I got the e-mail and asked my rep about it and he said it was a mistake.