PDA

View Full Version : Police Release La Russa DUI Video

Fenway
12-01-2007, 01:14 AM
:gulp:

JUPITER, Fla (KMOX News) -- Police in Jupiter, Florida have released the dashcam video of Tony La Russa's DUI arrest during spring training this year.
The Cardinals manager was found passed out behind the wheel of his still running SUV in March by law enforcers, who administered a roadside sobriety test after smelling alcohol on La Russa's breath.

http://www.kmox.com/Police-Release-La-Russa-DUI-Video/1265331

VIDEO

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/250.1/popup/index.php?cl=5239560

FarWestChicago
12-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Tony certainly wasn't feeling any pain.

veeter
12-01-2007, 01:40 PM
I think we've all driven buzzed, but man, he was hammered!!

Fenway
12-01-2007, 02:19 PM

La Russa's blood/alcohol level was .093

looking at that tape I would have thought .193

TDog
12-01-2007, 02:39 PM

I find the initial assumption offensive. As for LaRussa being hammered, it wasn't that long ago that people would think it's OK to drive "buzzed" would have considered his BAC to have been "below the legal limit."

Brian26
12-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Tony certainly wasn't feeling any pain.

T-U-V-TUV-Z

He certainly didn't remember his ABC's either.

voodoochile
12-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Just because his BAC was only slightly over the legal limit doesn't mean that's all he was on. He might have taken pain killers or any number of club drugs that would have caused his motor coordination to be worse.

In addition, who knows how long he was sleeping for? He may have failed the test because he woke up still buzzed and that's always a killer on coordination, but he may have gone to sleep with a BAC of double what he registered and simply came down to the limit he ended up testing at. 1 or 2 hours sleeping would have significantly lowered his BAC yet still left him struggling to pass basic coordination and memory tests because of the combined effect of being woken up from having passed out and still having a solid BAC when the police found him.

GlassSox
12-01-2007, 08:26 PM
...or he may just have been bombed out of his mind.....

Bucky F. Dent
12-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Did this tape come out during the course of a court proceeding, making it a public record. Or did they just decide that it would be a fun idea to embarass a public figure.

Don't get me wrong. I deplore drinking and driving/ and if they prove their case in court, he should be punished to the full extent of the law, but this is bush league!

Fenway
12-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Did this tape come out during the course of a court proceeding, making it a public record. Or did they just decide that it would be a fun idea to embarass a public figure.

Don't get me wrong. I deplore drinking and driving/ and if they prove their case in court, he should be punished to the full extent of the law, but this is bush league!

He pled guilty this week and the Florida police released the tape

Shoeless_Jeff
12-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Was that other officer saying that he was Tommy Lasorda?

gobears1987
12-02-2007, 03:46 PM
La Russa's blood/alcohol level was .093

looking at that tape I would have thought .193
And that is why the legal limit has been changed to .08.