PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for KW Plan 1B

the1tab
12-01-2007, 12:20 AM
I just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts about trade candidates not named Coco to play CF next year.

Here's a thought of mine that I think might be a nice fit:

Uribe and Brian Anderson to StL for Jim Edmonds.

I know, BA has zero trade value. And I know, Uribe is... Uribe. And I know Edmonds was hurt for a while last year.

But here is what intrigues me about Edmonds: He still plays a pretty good CF... Owens gives enough depth that he wouldn't be forced to play daily, he's left handed and can hit for pretty good power... and he's due $8 million in 2008 and then he's a FA. What is there to lose in going after a solid veteran CF for $4 million less than apparently anyone on the market is asking this year? The Cardinals are trying to move Edmonds and Rolen and just signed Cesar Izturis to play SS. Uribe ain't great... but Izturis screams "HELP." If they want a 3B or a SS, we can fill that need.

Any thoughts on Edmonds on the South Side?? Or any other candidates that might come cheaper than a king's ransom?

Tragg
12-01-2007, 12:23 AM
He's old and hurt.

hi im skot
12-01-2007, 02:24 AM
I'd rather have Owens.

WhiteSox5187
12-01-2007, 03:47 AM
Edmonds is on his last legs, he can't be trusted to go out there day in and day out anymore. And this also fails to address our need for a leadoff guy. It DOES get Uribe's salary off the books, but the Cards just signed Izturis and have that Brendan Ryan as plan B at short, so I don't think they'd need Uribe.

Zisk77
12-01-2007, 04:47 PM
As someone who lives in Cardinal country...God no! Believe me, Edmonds has a certain problem we don't want to have to deal with.

tick53
12-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Jim Edmunds was a heckuva player but he's toast now.

gr8mexico
12-01-2007, 07:42 PM
They have no need for a fat SS. They just signed Cesar Izturis

hi im skot
12-01-2007, 08:38 PM
As someone who lives in Cardinal country...God no! Believe me, Edmonds has a certain problem we don't want to have to deal with.

Do tell.

the1tab
12-01-2007, 10:00 PM
They have no need for a fat SS. They just signed Cesar Izturis

I beg to differ. He got outhit on the North Side by Ryan Theriot.

Edmonds might be old and broken down and have issues... but looking at our other options, he might be the best & cheapest thing out there. Just an idea.