PDA

View Full Version : Fighting at the park

GASHWOUND
04-16-2002, 10:48 PM
I'm hearing callers on the Score who were at the game and saw some mentions of it on the troll boards that there were fights going on left and right. I mean, every caller says that they saw 5 or 6 differnt fight aroud the park. Geez, what the hell was going on over there?!! Anybody who was at the game tonight, what did you see?

Pete_SSAC
04-16-2002, 10:51 PM
Well, it sounded a few times like something was going on. And quite frankly, I'm not surprised. Get a few drunk Tribe fans and a few drunk Sox fans. And as the Tribe fans what their team that walked on water get sunk, they couldn't handle it, meanwhile, a few proud SOx fans rub it in.

- Pete, who is too distracted by Gash's sig to really know what he is say.

Viva Magglio
04-16-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Well, it sounded a few times like something was going on. And quite frankly, I'm not surprised. Get a few drunk Tribe fans and a few drunk Sox fans. And as the Tribe fans what their team that walked on water get sunk, they couldn't handle it, meanwhile, a few proud SOx fans rub it in.

I was there, and there were about four or five fights during the 7th inning alone! It's beginning to look like the days of Old Comiskey. And just wait until the games with the Cubs! The ballpark could be a riot during that series.

GASHWOUND
04-16-2002, 11:04 PM

I woudn't really mind if we kicked some Tribe fans asses, but some of the callers said they were Sox fans VS Sox fans.
That sucks, we need to teach them to take out their anger to who it truly belongs...beating the crap out of 'Toon fans and cub fans.

GASHWOUND
04-16-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

I was there, and there were about four or five fights during the 7th inning alone! It's beginning to look like the days of Old Comiskey. And just wait until the games with the Cubs! The ballpark could be a riot during that series.

LOL! J.Hood mentioned that it was like Old Comiskey with all the fightig going on. Were these Sox fans beating up the Toon fans? or Sox fans beating up other Sox fans up.
I wish i was thre to see for myself.

the scorekeeper
04-16-2002, 11:13 PM
Yup, lots of fights - I "helped" break one up in left field. People seemed to think it was too warm for clothes, too. I think Carlos got pulled in the 9th because he was becomming too distracted.

According to the manager(?) at guest services after the game, they were "caught by surprise" by the 13,000 walkups. They "weren't prepared."

Hmm....

First night game.
Half-price night.
Really nice day.
Division rival.
Midwest rival.
Rival on a winning streak.

how was it again that they weren't ready for a pretty intense game?

Randar68
04-16-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

LOL! J.Hood mentioned that it was like Old Comiskey with all the fightig going on. Were these Sox fans beating up the Toon fans? or Sox fans beating up other Sox fans up.
I wish i was thre to see for myself.

I was there and it was a riot. You'd have thought it was a full moon. Saw aty least 3 fights in the LF corner, a Cubs fan was ejected from the Club level, and Chics in the LF corner were flashing, and I'm talking some serious hotties!

Pete_SSAC
04-16-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

I was there and it was a riot. You'd have thought it was a full moon. Saw aty least 3 fights in the LF corner, a Cubs fan was ejected from the Club level, and Chics in the LF corner were flashing, and I'm talking some serious hotties!

It's the IVY! THe IVY brings these people! It's EVIL! EVVVVIILLLL!!!!

- Pete

Randar68
04-16-2002, 11:20 PM

It's the IVY! THe IVY brings these people! It's EVIL! EVVVVIILLLL!!!!

- Pete

Well if the ivy brings out the hooters I saw tonight, BRING ON THE IVY!

-signed, horny married dude!

GASHWOUND
04-16-2002, 11:20 PM

Geez, I wonder why it was this bad? maybe it was something in the beer??

And hope you brought your camera :smile:

Streets
04-16-2002, 11:25 PM

Well if the ivy brings out the hooters I saw tonight, BRING ON THE IVY!

-signed, horny married dude!

That's friggin' disgusting. Disrespectful to all the "respectable" women out there. I may as well say "show some dicks"

Pete_SSAC
04-16-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Streets

That's friggin' disgusting. Disrespectful to all the "respectable" women out there. I may as well say "show some dicks"

OK, will do.

- Pete

MisterB
04-16-2002, 11:28 PM
Hey! I guess the guys around here that have been calling for more hot chicks and drunks at the games got their wish... :gulp:

Randar68
04-16-2002, 11:28 PM

Get an F'in clue. Nobody made anyone do anything. If some guy shows his shlong, I am not going to be offended that he is degrading men everywhere,

I am a democrat, but lay off the politically correct BS just to be so. Is some chick wants to show her jumblies, that's her perrogative.

The only thing here that's disgusting is your strive for censorship...

OfficerKarkovice
04-16-2002, 11:33 PM

Get an F'in clue. Nobody made anyone do anything. If some guy shows his shlong, I am not going to be offended that he is degrading men everywhere,

I am a democrat, but lay off the politically correct BS just to be so. Is some chick wants to show her jumblies, that's her perrogative.

Amen to that!

MisterB
04-16-2002, 11:35 PM
I may as well say "show some dicks"

Would that be asking for more "pale hose" at the park? :D:

Sorry, I just had to...

Chisox353014
04-16-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by the scorekeeper
Yup, lots of fights - I "helped" break one up in left field. People seemed to think it was too warm for clothes, too. I think Carlos got pulled in the 9th because he was becomming too distracted.

Ah, so that's what all the fuss was about. I suspected but wasn't sure. Whatever.

According to the manager(?) at guest services after the game, they were "caught by surprise" by the 13,000 walkups. They "weren't prepared."

Yeah, I was sitting in the club level 3rd base side (sweet seats for 13$ apiece), and it looked like one poor kid was working mine and about 2 other sections. Fights were everywhere too. Overall, one of the rowdiest crowds I've seen in a long long time. Definitely not family night!

Streets
04-16-2002, 11:39 PM

Who's friggin' asking for censorship?? I'm just saying it's pathetic some drunk sluts show their tits and horny men get so friggin' excited over it. But I guess that's just boys.

FoulkeTheIndians
04-16-2002, 11:45 PM
Uh-oh, sounds like all this talk of fighting has created alittle quarrell of our own. C'mon guys, be nice. The last thing we need is tension between fellow Sox Fans.

In the words of a wise man..."Can't we all just get along?"

WE JUST POUNDED THE TRIBE! REJOICE AND BE MERRY!

MarqSox
04-16-2002, 11:45 PM

Who's friggin' asking for censorship?? I'm just saying it's pathetic some drunk sluts show their tits and horny men get so friggin' excited over it. But I guess that's just boys.

And we're supposed to react how ... ? Run over and put a blanket around them? It's one thing if guys were groping them or something, but ain't nothin wrong with cheering for some chest.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2002, 11:50 PM

LOL, you would be amazed how many guys would oblige!

:cool:

voodoochile
04-16-2002, 11:50 PM

well duuuuuhhhhhh...

Men like tits... Someone call the Tribune... I think I've got the headline for tomorrow's paper...

nut_stock
04-16-2002, 11:51 PM
I watched the Tribe broadcast on Direct Tv. Theri announcers even started talking about how wild the crowd was and the fights they saw break out. I about died laughing whenin the 9th inning while the tribe were down to their last out, the tribe guy says "and the sox fans rise to their feet, well those who can still stand anyways"

They also had some crack earlier in the broadcast saying something like " the beer wasn't free tonight was it?"

With that said, of course none of the chaos was shown.

voodoochile
04-16-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

LOL, you would be amazed how many guys would oblige!

:cool:

I don't think it would be all that surprising...

But it wouldn't be equivilent. Shirt for a shirt, shorts for a skirt...

Okay, so I'm a pig, but at least I'm a poetic pig...

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2002, 11:54 PM
I'm old enough to remember the rowdy days at Old Comiskey back in the 70's when Veeck owned the team, and yes, this was the rowdiest crowd I can remember. Lots of fights, security scrambling everywhere.

I don't recall women ever flashing themselves at Old Comiskey. This might be a first!

:gulp:

Dadawg_77
04-16-2002, 11:57 PM
Thought USA should of covered the game with as many fights as there were. The fights started to break out once the game was in the bag. The OF were looking into stands to watch the fight in between pitches. I was in RF, away from the rucus of the bleachers, but a fight broke out about 20 rows behind me.

voodoochile
04-17-2002, 12:07 AM
You know in all seriousness, it wouldn't hurt attendance to have a couple more rowdy nights like this. All the guys at work tomorrow will be talking about the strippers in the bleachers. Maybe a couple of more people will come just to see if it happens again. Yeah, I know, it would make it more like Wrigley... full of fans, spening money, screaming loud, cheering for the women... er... I mean home team...

What an f'n shame that would be...

Still it is nice to see the Sox took my idea and ran with it...

Strippers in the seats (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=68721#post68721)

(It's post #2)

JR, if you are reading this, I work cheap, but not free and Gallas would HAVE to go...

Unregistered
04-17-2002, 12:16 AM
Man, i miss all the good stuff...
anyway, i was listeneing to the indians radio broadcast of the game and i just wanted to smack the sh*t out of this announcer...first of all, he kept making it a point that the game would have been played in front of "only friends and family" if it wasn't for half-price night, he couldnt stop ripping on the stadium, saying that it sucks no matter what they do to it, even started quoting MORONOTTI's column and chuckling the whole time... when the fights broke out, he was like, "that's comiskey park for you..if you come out and DONT see at least 3 fights, you should ask for your money back. imagine what these rowdy fans would be like if they were LOSING!" i mean, maybe im insane, but ive been to comiskey a hundred and one times, and i dont think ive ever seen a fight... at least not in recent memory... man, i wanted to punch that guy... i think he was just being a bitter bitch cause we were beating the crap out of his ohio scumbags... oh well...

RedPinStripes
04-17-2002, 01:12 AM
Big deal.............

Some women like to flash, I have no problem with it. Just like old times in the old park and some *******s need a good crack every once in a while.

OfficerKarkovice
04-17-2002, 01:54 AM
I think this is great...it shows that there is excitement and life at the ballpark. I'm sure the players love having the crowd loud and rowdy...not to mention a good view occasionally. Anyway I thought this was pretty funny and a good quote from Jerry about the game.

Rauch had a solid outing, allowing three runs and three hits, and the crowd booed when they saw White Sox manager Jerry Manuel head for the mound.

"I was booing me, too," Jerry Manuel said, laughing. "We had a very Chicago-like crowd tonight. A lot of fights, booing the manager, carrying on. That was good."

VeeckAsInWreck
04-17-2002, 02:16 AM
Damn! I wish I could have been there! However I'll be there on Sat. and Sun. against the Tigers! Hope many of the same people from tonight's game can be there!
Old man Veeck would be proud! Except for the part about guys whipping out their privates, I'm sure Bill would not like that! Anyway if you are going to kick someone's ass at the park make sure he/she is either a Toon fan or sCrUB fan! Let's not fight amongst ourselves!
GO SOX! We thank you for your support! :smile:

P.S. Hey Voodoo! put me down on your resume as a reference if you decide to go for the Promotions gig! The strippers are a good idea! :cool: Except for Kid's day!

moochpuppy
04-17-2002, 08:43 AM

You asked:

8=========D

** Model is smaller than original**

moochpuppy
04-17-2002, 08:47 AM

I'm surprised you weren't in the middle of them Randar. (the fights I mean.) :D:

pearso66
04-17-2002, 08:57 AM
i can tell that that indians broadcaster hasnt been to comisky too much, since ive been there countless number of times, and maybe saw 1 fight total, and that includes 3 opening days, when the park was pretty much packed, and a game against the yankees and indians, no fights, come on here

harwar
04-17-2002, 09:39 AM
I'm old enough to remember the rowdy days at Old Comiskey back in the 70's when Veeck owned the team, and yes, this was the rowdiest crowd I can remember. Lots of fights, security scrambling everywhere.

Same here.We used to go ready for battle,just like the old aragon ballroom,where we used to line up to take on the security guys.Big concerts used to be like that,no mosh pit,but the whole hole place was up for grabs and sometimes we had to fight our way out.Last night was great,we got into it in the parking lot,but its still not as good as the good ol days for me.Sucks getting old.

Randar68
04-17-2002, 10:50 AM
I don't recall women ever flashing themselves at Old Comiskey. This might be a first!

:gulp:

Well, glad I was there to see it, but it really wasn't as rowdy as some of the Cubs v. Sox games the last couple years. There were fights where people really looked like they were going to seriously hurt people...

Randar68
04-17-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy

I'm surprised you weren't in the middle of them Randar. (the fights I mean.) :D:

I was about to warn VeeckAsInWreck about Tigers games!

Still pretty legendary with my friends here, although it doesn't really compare to some of the sheet I've been involved in at Cubs/Sox games....

Kilroy
04-17-2002, 11:03 AM
Worst fight I ever saw at Comiskey was during a Sox/Cubs game in the upper deck. And it was two women! And this wasn't a cat fight either. These gals were throwin! They went for a few minutes, and after one girl took a right cross on the chin, she must've got really pissed because just reached out, grabbed the other girl and threw her over the seats. She fell about 2 rows down.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-17-2002, 11:04 AM
Well, glad I was there to see it, but it really wasn't as rowdy as some of the Cubs v. Sox games the last couple years. There were fights where people really looked like they were going to seriously hurt people...

Did you see the fight in right field? Some gray-haired bald guy in an orange shirt was wailing on 2 or 3 younger dudes seated behind him. The one Sox security guy who showed up quickly couldn't begin to break it up. It was wild!

Then there was some fat guy wearing a #30 Sox jersey that two Magglios could have easily fit in. He was wailing on some poor wretch in the front row in left field for what seemed like 5 minutes straight! Everybody in the ballpark could see everything that was going on in that one. Hell, I was seated in the opposite corner in right field and felt like I was attending a prize fight.

I think what set apart last night from the Cubs games was how overwhelmed Sox security was to break things up quickly. They were simply undermanned, which is why so many of those fights lasted so long. That NEVER happens at the Cubs games because everyone KNOWS ahead of time there is definitely going to be action.

Now you wouldn't have any first-hand experience with that, would you Randar?

:)

Randar68
04-17-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Worst fight I ever saw at Comiskey was during a Sox/Cubs game in the upper deck. And it was two women! And this wasn't a cat fight either. These gals were throwin! They went for a few minutes, and after one girl took a right cross on the chin, she must've got really pissed because just reached out, grabbed the other girl and threw her over the seats. She fell about 2 rows down.

That's a good one, but there was nearly a riot at Gate 2 exit after the Saturday day Cubs/Sox game last year. There were 2 big groups of guys that were just throwin'. I was kinda standing back and this guy came running in from nowhere and sucker punched one of the other guys fighting, and it landed 100%. Unreal. Of course this shameful fan was wearing a Cubs hat, so what do you expect. I jumped on him and rode him into the concrete and held him down for a minute. I told him I could call security or he could get the fuuuck outta here and never come back to Comiskey, and he chose to run away. However, the rest of that fight was rediculous!

That was worse then a few serious bar fights I've been in....

Randar68
04-17-2002, 11:09 AM
Now you wouldn't have any first-hand experience with that, would you Randar?

:)

Tigers' fans beware!!! LOL!

BLAH!

VeeckAsInWreck
04-17-2002, 11:52 AM

Tigers' fans beware!!! LOL!

BLAH!

Well I guess this weekend will be an interesting one! I'm guessing that the new batter's eye is overstimulating everyone! C'mon it's got green.....just like the old park! Everyone is drinkin' and fightin'.....just like the old park! WE NEED GREEN SEATS.....just like the old park! Hey, I see a theme here!
Anyway, Is this correct ?......
Robert Fick Jersey = Target :smile:
:fick
"See ya guys this weekend!"

voodoochile
04-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Last years home opener (also against the Tribe) there were a bunch of doozys. One in the right field bleachers went on for what seemed like 10 minutes. We were sitting down the third base line and it was right in front of us. There were so many fans from the upper deck on the lower level that security couldn't move quickly (which is the reason they started checking numbers for other guaranteed sell-outs and forcing 500 level patrons to go to the upper deck). My buddy and I were talking about the fight in right field later in the game and some lady who had wandered up started to cry. Her boyfriend had been involved in it. She said he was a little guy and was getting the crap beat out of him. She got out of the way and when security showed up everyone scattered and now they were seperated.

Never been in one myself at the park, but I have seen some wild stuff...

cheeses_h_rice
04-17-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Last years home opener (also against the Tribe) there were a bunch of doozys. One in the right field bleachers went on for what seemed like 10 minutes. We were sitting down the third base line and it was right in front of us. There were so many fans from the upper deck on the lower level that security couldn't move quickly (which is the reason they started checking numbers for other guaranteed sell-outs and forcing 500 level patrons to go to the upper deck). My buddy and I were talking about the fight in right field later in the game and some lady who had wandered up started to cry. Her boyfriend had been involved in it. She said he was a little guy and was getting the crap beat out of him. She got out of the way and when security showed up everyone scattered and now they were seperated.

Never been in one myself at the park, but I have seen some wild stuff...

Last year's home opener was against the Tigers. Is that the game you were talking about? I thought Comiskey was a zoo that day...

voodoochile
04-17-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Last year's home opener was against the Tigers. Is that the game you were talking about? I thought Comiskey was a zoo that day...

Must have been. I was confused... We opened the season against Cleveland on the road that's what it was. I know for a fact it was the home opener that I am talking about, because it is the reason they changed the rules about 500 level tickets. I also remember Osuna giving up the granny...

cheeses_h_rice
04-17-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Must have been. I was confused... We opened the season against Cleveland on the road that's what it was. I know for a fact it was the home opener that I am talking about, because it is the reason they changed the rules about 500 level tickets. I also remember Osuna giving up the granny...

Yep, that was the Tigers. Tony Clark hit the grannie.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-17-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Yep, that was the Tigers. Tony Clark hit the grannie.

I was sitting in the RF corner of the UD and I saw the whole thing! It was a pretty bloody fight! Soccer hooligans would have been proud!

Randar68
04-17-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck

I was sitting in the RF corner of the UD and I saw the whole thing! It was a pretty bloody fight! Soccer hooligans would have been proud!

I too was in the UD for that one and was in a mini-scuffle after some drunk Yuppie's girlfriend was being a total beotch to my wife. My friend got clocked and this dude ended up spilling his beers all over his female friends and being planted into the concrete.

I was with work and this chick was sitting in our group's seats, and she pitched a total fit when we asked her to move. I come back from getting nachos to find this drunk dude in my seat (it was only the 3rd inning!). When I asked him to move, he did. Then, as I sat, confused, between this witch and a couple of friends from work, she just starts screaming in my ear!

No use finishing the story, just the usual escallation after some harsh words to a spoiled beotch, and drunk boys wanna get in a fight...

Man....dumb people breed too much....

LongDistanceFan
04-17-2002, 03:04 PM

I too was in the UD for that one and was in a mini-scuffle after some drunk Yuppie's girlfriend was being a total beotch to my wife. My friend got clocked and this dude ended up spilling his beers all over his female friends and being planted into the concrete.

I was with work and this chick was sitting in our group's seats, and she pitched a total fit when we asked her to move. I come back from getting nachos to find this drunk dude in my seat (it was only the 3rd inning!). When I asked him to move, he did. Then, as I sat, confused, between this witch and a couple of friends from work, she just starts screaming in my ear!

No use finishing the story, just the usual escallation after some harsh words to a spoiled beotch, and drunk boys wanna get in a fight...

Man....dumb people breed too much.... believe it or not this sounds alot like the old park............ now that was a fun time.

uksoxfan
04-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck

Sounds like home from home to me :D:

I'm planning on bringing my family over to the Tigers/Yankees homestand.........maybe I should bring a few of the Boys over too :D:

Cheers.... :gulp:

doublem23
04-17-2002, 04:03 PM

Yeah, I was in Section 152, and I saw pretty much what Randar saw... The best, though, was the guy in the straw hat who almost got flipped over the railing in left field... :D:

34 Inch Stick
04-17-2002, 05:54 PM
It was a straw sombrero. I have never seen someone wearing a sombrero throwing down like that. It was great.

Procol Harum
04-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by uksoxfan

Sounds like home from home to me :D:
I'm planning on bringing my family over to the Tigers/Yankees homestand.........maybe I should bring a few of the Boys over too :D:
Cheers.... :gulp:

Might not be a bad idea, UK--as you can tell, we've got plenty of our own Yobs here!