11-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Dan Roche has backed down a little but now he stirs the pot with another rumor

http://wbztv.com/roche/local_blogentry_334095517.html

pmck003
11-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Too many Red Sox rumors make me vomit now. :puking:

dickallen15
11-30-2007, 12:27 PM
But I thought Santana to Boston was a done deal? It was to be announced last night. Is everyone in the Boston media named Otis?

champagne030
11-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Dan Roche has backed down a little but now he stirs the pot with another rumor

http://wbztv.com/roche/local_blogentry_334095517.html

Who the **** is Dan Roche? I quit reading his nonsense when he stated that Crisp, Lester, Lowrie and Bowden was an excellent package for Minnesota. Is he now saying that Drew for Haren is a steal for the A's? :rolleyes:

getonbckthr
11-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Why don't we make a play for Haren? Offer Broadway, Egbert, De os Santos and Anderson or Sweeney, another prospect not named Gio Gonzalez, fine. Ya we would be giving up our young pitching but our staff would be real good and real young. Haren likes what 26-27? He is signed for 2 years and like 9 million each I beleive. In 2 years when its time to resign him Contreras deal will be over and we will have the money to sign to a bigger than Buerhle deal. Hell we could deal Jose now then for a prospect. A rotation:
Buerhle, Haren, Vazquez, Danks and Floyd has potential to be better than 05.
Buerhle=Buerhle
Haren > Garcia
Javy = 05 Contreras
Danks < Garland
Floyd = El Duque (except for game 3 in Boston :D:)

Fenway
11-30-2007, 12:35 PM
But I thought Santana to Boston was a done deal? It was to be announced last night. Is everyone in the Boston media named Otis?

There is much speculation that Boston is already in the 72 hour window to sign him but will announce nothing unless the deal is done.

champagne030
11-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Buerhle=Buerhle
Haren > Garcia
Javy = 05 Contreras
Danks < Garland

Our 5th starter in '05 provided us with 12 wins, 195 innings and a 4.75 ERA. Floyd won't produce that in his wildest fantasy.

oeo
11-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Our 5th starter in '05 provided us with 12 wins, 195 innings and a 4.75 ERA. Floyd won't produce that in his wildest fantasy.

El Duque provided us with a 5.24 ERA and a .500 record, while only giving us 125.1 IP as a starter. Something Floyd is definitely capable of, probably even more.

getonbckthr
11-30-2007, 12:44 PM
I compared him to El Duque who went 9-9 with 128 innings and a 5.12 era. Floyd is more than capable to do that.

Jimmy Piersall
11-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Why don't we make a play for Haren? Offer Broadway, Egbert, De os Santos and Anderson or Sweeney, another prospect not named Gio Gonzalez, fine. Ya we would be giving up our young pitching but our staff would be real good and real young. Haren likes what 26-27? He is signed for 2 years and like 9 million each I beleive. In 2 years when its time to resign him Contreras deal will be over and we will have the money to sign to a bigger than Buerhle deal. Hell we could deal Jose now then for a prospect. A rotation:
Buerhle=Buerhle
Haren > Garcia
Javy = 05 Contreras
Danks < Garland

Me likey.If Kenny has not yet inquired about Haren he needs to asap.

Chicken Dinner
11-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Why do the blow sauks need another starter? :rolleyes:

getonbckthr
11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Santana: So the Yanks don't get him
Haren: To counter if the Yanks get Santana

Fenway
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM

You can never get enough pitching :tongue:

As it is pitching coach John Farrell is suggesting Boston may go to a 6 man rotation in 2008

balke
11-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Its my understanding from last season that Haren isn't available at all. The A's are trying to get rid of Harden for the right deal.

Things change, but I think Harden will go before anyone for the A's.

asindc
11-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Its my understanding from last season that Haren isn't available at all. The A's are trying to get rid of Harden for the right deal.

I agree with this. As someone who has suffered with Rich "ow, ow, it hurts" Harden on my fantasy team, I think Haren has to be considered the A's ace at this point. I don't see them shopping Haren, unless they get a montrously stupid trade offer.

getonbckthr
11-30-2007, 01:37 PM

Lots of rumors saying Haren and Blanton are on the move.

jabrch
11-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Why don't we make a play for Haren? Offer Broadway, Egbert, De os Santos and Anderson or Sweeney, another prospect not named Gio Gonzalez, fine.

Because if we offered that, Oakland would accept it in a heartbeat and it would be a terrible move for us. If we are going to give up all that talent, we could get much more than Dan Haren.

dickallen15
11-30-2007, 08:18 PM
There is much speculation that Boston is already in the 72 hour window to sign him but will announce nothing unless the deal is done.
NY Daily News is reporting the Yankees are caving and will offer Hughes.