PDA

View Full Version : Bonds begins to assemble Dream Team

Fenway
11-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Thank gawd this is in federal court so we will be spared 24/7 coverage on Court TV and CNN

I-Team: Bonds begins to assemble Dream Team (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2007/11/30/2007-11-30_barry_bonds_begins_to_assemble_legal_dre.html)

As Barry Bonds prepares for his first appearance in court on perjury and obstruction of justice charges in San Francisco, he has begun assembling what could be the most powerful legal Dream Team since the O.J. Simpson trial.

The Immigrant
11-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Unfortunately for him, his "dream team" will face federal prosecutors rather than Marsha Clark and her band of nitwits. My guess is this ends in a plea bargain with no jail time.

Jerko
11-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Well if I can't tune in to see how many different hairstyles Marcia Clark can wear in a month, it's just not worth watching anyway.

Fenway
11-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately for him, his "dream team" will face federal prosecutors rather than Marsha Clark and her band of nitwits. My guess is this ends in a plea bargain with no jail time.

The reality is that given the love San Franciscans have for Barry it may be hard to find 12 people to convict. Bonds just may roll the dice banking on that.

My friend Sophia moved there 15 years ago and is a rational person on all subjects except Bonds. She lives in a very hip area known as Bernal Heights and one afternoon she took me to a place called Skip's Tavern. Well I let my views on Barry be known and the entire bar ganged up on me and this is after the book came out.

The Immigrant
11-30-2007, 12:01 PM
The reality is that given the love San Franciscans have for Barry it may be hard to find 12 people to convict. Bonds just may roll the dice banking on that.

The feds can move the case out of San Fran if they have trouble seating an impartial jury, but I hear you.

Fenway
11-30-2007, 12:14 PM
The feds can move the case out of San Fran if they have trouble seating an impartial jury, but I hear you.

You would think that the people who would call Skip's home would know better
http://www.skipstavern.com/index.htm (http://www.skipstavern.com/index.htm)

I know San Francisco is the most tolerent city in the US but comeon

thomas35forever
11-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Speaking of Bonds, did you know HBO is trying to make a movie about the whole thing? Sickening.

StillMissOzzie
11-30-2007, 07:15 PM
If the hat don't fit, you can't acquit!

SMO
:D:

FedEx227
11-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Again, he committed a felony. Which is a felony, which is a felony.

It didn't have to pertain to anything he did in baseball or the fact he did steroids. Barry Bonds committed a felony, which is a felony. And a felony. SO did Michael Vick... sorry if there are "more important issues in the world" but a felony is a felony.

Daver
11-30-2007, 07:44 PM

My friend Sophia moved there 15 years ago and is a rational person on all subjects except Bonds. She lives in a very hip area known as Bernal Heights and one afternoon she took me to a place called Skip's Tavern. Well I let my views on Barry be known and the entire bar ganged up on me and this is after the book came out.

I doubt it would be difficult to get a change of venue to Sacramento.

Brian26
11-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Speaking of Bonds, did you know HBO is trying to make a movie about the whole thing? Sickening.

Unheard of.

Soxzilla
11-30-2007, 09:02 PM
I doubt it would be difficult to get a change of venue to Sacramento.

Heck, not even that far. I bet if we moved it just across the bay we'd get a favorable ruling. :cool:

Daver
11-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Heck, not even that far. I bet if we moved it just across the bay we'd get a favorable ruling. :cool:

Federal court, you have to go to Sacramento for the closest one I think.

Soxzilla
11-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Federal court, you have to go to Sacramento for the closest one I think.

Ahh, that's too bad.