PDA

View Full Version : Angels' owner: Names will be in Mitchell report

Fenway
11-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Here we go

"The names of players will come out that people will be mad about," Moreno said, referring to the likelihood that the names may upset fans, players, the players' union and others. "Some of my information is second-hand, but I know there's going to be names."

he going to make friends saying this

"If you've got dirty laundry, get it out there and get rid of it," he said, adding that if anyone is to blame for baseball's failure to take an aggressive stance on steroids and other substances before implementing a tougher testing program, "I blame the owners for not sticking up for too many years for what's right."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-baseball29nov29,1,835870.column?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true

Jerko
11-29-2007, 03:53 PM
But of course his player is innocent (Mathews Jr)..

I'll believe that names are coming out publicly when I see it.

PalehosePlanet
11-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Arte Moreno is starting to irritate me a bit; in the Daniel Snyder, Mark Cuban kind of way. Also, he's starting to sound like a sanctimonious and self important ass. Implying Had I been an owner then things would be different now.

StillMissOzzie
11-29-2007, 08:50 PM
But of course his player is innocent (Mathews Jr)..

I'll believe that names are coming out publicly when I see it.

Jerko, I believe the opposite is true. He KNOWS that Sarge, Jr. is gonna get slapped with a 50 game sit down, so he went overboard and overspent to ensure a new CF is there. He upped the bid on Torii with the money he's saving by not paying Matthews almost 1/3 of his 2008 salary.

SMO
:gulp:

asindc
11-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Jerko, I believe the opposite is true. He KNOWS that Sarge, Jr. is gonna get slapped with a 50 game sit down, so he went overboard and overspent to ensure a new CF is there. He upped the bid on Torii with the money he's saving by not paying Matthews almost 1/3 of his 2008 salary.

SMO
:gulp:

Hmm, interesting theory. Certainly plausible. It would be the only thing to explain overpaying Toriiiii.

Huisj
11-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Hmm, interesting theory. Certainly plausible. It would be the only thing to explain to overpay to Toriiiii.

I think a lot of people are kind of thinking this about the Hunter signing. When I heard about it last week, I was surprised, but my immediate thought process was something like:

The Angels? Didn't they just sign a center fielder last year? Oh, Matthews, right, hmm, that's very interesting.

DoItForDanPasqua
11-30-2007, 12:40 AM
I just hope there is not anyone from the 2005 White Sox named in that report.

areilly
11-30-2007, 12:48 AM
I just hope there is not anyone from the 2005 White Sox named in that report.

There were 21 position players and 17 pitchers used on that team. I'd say there's no reason to think there won't be, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if there are none.

It'll be interesting to see what fan reaction is based on the significance of the named players: an MB/PK/AJ/whoever vs. the Jeff Bajenarus or Kevin Walkers of the season.

voodoochile
11-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Ah now wouldn't that be special, players actually stepping up and admitting they knowingly and intentionally took PEDs. Not gonna happen, but other than that it's a nice thought. See by stepping up to the plate before their names are released they have to admit they did it on purpose. It denies them the ability to act shocked, hurt and confused over the "obviously false" information that has gotten them into this mess.

May as well ask for the winning Big Game numbers while he is at it.

SBSoxFan
11-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Ah now wouldn't that be special, players actually stepping up and admitting they knowingly and intentionally took PEDs. Not gonna happen, but other than that it's a nice thought. See by stepping up to the plate before their names are released they have to admit they did it on purpose. It denies them the ability to act shocked, hurt and confused over the "obviously false" information that has gotten them into this mess.

May as well ask for the winning Big Game numbers while he is at it.

I'm confused. Why haven't these names come out before? Has MLB been sitting on the information or is it the government? When was the testing done? Or did players unknowingly give samples?

voodoochile
11-30-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm confused. Why haven't these names come out before? Has MLB been sitting on the information or is it the government? When was the testing done? Or did players unknowingly give samples?

These aren't players who have tested positive, but players who acquired HGH from some source. Many of them used that Florida pharmacy that has been talked about in other threads. It's not based on testing but on order records.

This is as I understand it.

Fenway
11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
It is rumored that the DA in Albany has over SIXTY MLB names :o:

Dan Mega
11-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Some looney predictions:

1)Every MLB team will have at least 1 player named- except Boston.

2)The Sox will have 1 or 2 insignificant players named.