PDA

View Full Version : Worried if the Twins trade Santana

Jerksticks
11-28-2007, 06:43 PM
If this Yankees Twins trade happens I'll be pretty upset.

The Twins will get 2-3 "can't miss" prospects that will chew us up for a long time.

I do not want to play against Hughes/Joba Chamberlain/etc for the next 5 years.

I can handle 1 more year of Johan, but just let him walk. No prospects please.

JSticks

Pasqua's Mailman
11-28-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure I would classify either Hughes or Chamberlain "can't miss"... they haven't played enough to be able to conclude that... prospects are what they are... prospects... It will be really hard to replace a Santana... The Twins need to think long and hard before trading him...

Brian26
11-28-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm not worried about anything the Twins do. I'd just like to see the Sox worry about themselves and try to improve their own team.

cws05champ
11-28-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm not worried about anything the Twins do. I'd just like to see the Sox worry about themselves and try to improve their own team.

:thumbsup:

If the Twins trade for prospects they probably won't be ready to contend for a couple years, and the Sox will be a totally different place as an organization as well. No need to worry about it now.

BadBobbyJenks
11-28-2007, 08:47 PM
And now with delmon young thats a ridiculously young and talent 3-5 hitters locked up plus what they get for santana.

Yes Im very worried.
The Al Central is stacked

Kogs35
11-28-2007, 08:48 PM
If this Yankees Twins trade happens I'll be pretty upset.

The Twins will get 2-3 "can't miss" prospects that will chew us up for a long time.

I do not want to play against Hughes/Joba Chamberlain/etc for the next 5 years.

I can handle 1 more year of Johan, but just let him walk. No prospects please.

JSticks

FWIW the yanks have said chamberlain is off limits

jabrch
11-28-2007, 09:00 PM
The Twins will not let Santana walk. They will extend him, or trade him by the deadline for a HUGE package. There is no way to avoid that. I'd rather they trade him so that some other team extends him (in a window) rather than they let him become a FA and we see Detroit throw silly money at him like they did with Ordonez, Rodriguez, etc.

soxfan43
11-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Lot of rumors out there with the twins trading Joe Nathan as well. They could get a pretty nice haul dumping him and Johan. Plus the snagged Delmon Young, this could be an even tougher team to face in a year or 2.

ksimpson14
11-29-2007, 12:46 AM
I completely agree and said it in another message here. Johan pitches every 5th day, I'd rather take my chances facing him once in a while rather than the Twins improving at multiple spots and another good team getting even better when they get him.

2006 shows we shouldn't just blindly ignore how the competition will look

spiffie
11-29-2007, 08:59 AM
The Twins will not let Santana walk. They will extend him, or trade him by the deadline for a HUGE package. There is no way to avoid that. I'd rather they trade him so that some other team extends him (in a window) rather than they let him become a FA and we see Detroit throw silly money at him like they did with Ordonez, Rodriguez, etc.
I would bet my kidneys that Santana on the free market would not be ending up in Detroit. That would be where the Yanks and Red Sox show just how much money they have, and how much more of it they have than anyone else.

Tragg
11-29-2007, 10:00 AM
I'd be suprised if they get 2-3 "Can't miss" (creme de la creme) prospects for a 1 year rental.

russ99
11-29-2007, 10:07 AM
I wouldn't be too worried.

If the Twins deal Santana and Nathan it will send a signal to the other core players that they don't want to contend.

Then Morneau (already having contract issues) and Mauer would certainly leave next, turning them into the pre-piranha Twins.

rowand33
11-29-2007, 10:44 AM
We should be very worried. Look at what rotoworld just reported:

According to the New York Daily News, there's "speculation in MLB circles" that the Mets are considering parting with Jose Reyes in a potential trade for Johan Santana.

Minnesota traded away its starting shortstop Wednesday, sending Jason Bartlett to Tampa Bay. However, previous reports have suggested that the Mets aren't willing to trade Reyes, David Wright or Carlos Beltran. If a deal for Santana can't be worked out, the newspaper speculates that the Mets will pursue Erik Bedard, Dan Haren or Dontrelle Willis. Nov. 29 - 10:23 am et
Source: New York Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/2007/11/29/2007-11-29_twins_may_try_to_pry_jose_reyes_from_met.html)

Reyes and Young and Morneau and Mauer.

I don't even want to think about it.

The Immigrant
11-29-2007, 12:04 PM
:threadsucks

What a bunch of bellyaching nonsense. We should be celebrating Santana's departure from the AL Central.

doublem23
11-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Reyes and Young and Morneau and Mauer.

I don't even want to think about it.

That's a pretty sick offense, but luckily that would leave them with no one to pitch.

Fenway
11-29-2007, 12:53 PM
White Sox fans should stop worrying about the Twins ( for now ) as they are obviously reloading for when they open the new ballpark.

Detroit should be better if they stay healthy and Cleveland came within a boneheaded call by Joel Skinner from maybe winning the pennant.

Don't worry about the north, look 300 miles to the east ( for now )

asindc
11-29-2007, 12:57 PM
White Sox fans should stop worrying about the Twins ( for now ) as they are obviously reloading for when they open the new ballpark.

Detroit should be better if they stay healthy and Cleveland came within a boneheaded call by Joel Skinner from maybe winning the pennant.

Don't worry about the north, look 300 miles to the east ( for now )

I agree with this.

BadBobbyJenks
11-29-2007, 04:37 PM
I'd be suprised if they get 2-3 "Can't miss" (creme de la creme) prospects for a 1 year rental.

Its not a 1 year rental. The team that gets him has 3 days to work out a deal for him

Jerksticks
11-29-2007, 08:38 PM
I hate when teams in our division improve. It sucks. So shut up, pay attention to this Santana fiasco, and pray they get hosed (which it looks like with this Boston deal).