PDA

View Full Version : What 3 clubs do you think will be the most active

Rockabilly
11-28-2007, 03:20 PM
at the baseball meetings either by trades or signing free agents and what is your prediction that they will do

my order will be
Dodgers- getting Cabrera and signing A Jones
White Sox- Signing Rowand and trading for Chad Cordero
Twins - trading Santana and Nathan

jenn2080
11-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Twins, Yankees, Cubs

The Sox are not going to be as active as one thinks. That is just my opinion.

WhiteSox5187
11-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Twins, Yankees, Cubs

I have that dark feeling that we'll just stand pat too, but I am always full of dread.

I think the Yankees, Cardinals and Dodgers are going to be the most active.

spiffie
11-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I suspect that again this year the FA market is going to be "out of control" in the mind of the Sox. I expect they will likely make one or two small moves to try and shore up the pen, but I'm guessing we go into camp with a lineup of:
CF - Owens
SS - Cabrera
DH - Thome
1B - Konerko
RF - Dye
3B - Crede
C - Pierzynski
LF - Fields
2B - Richar

Rotation: Buehrle/Vazquez/Contreras/Danks/Floyd

ShoelessJoeS
11-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I suspect that again this year the FA market is going to be "out of control" in the mind of the Sox. I expect they will likely make one or two small moves to try and shore up the pen, but I'm guessing we go into camp with a lineup of:
CF - Owens
SS - Cabrera
DH - Thome
1B - Konerko
RF - Dye
3B - Crede
C - Pierzynski
LF - Fields
2B - Richar

Rotation: Buehrle/Vazquez/Contreras/Danks/FloydThat rotation makes me really, really nervous.

palehosepub
11-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Kenny has stated many times he will make many moves and I'm going to believe him.
Most active teams
-Yankees
- Dodgers
- Sox/ Phils

Sox have to pick up players like

WILLITS
Cabrera
Crawford
Rowand

I think the Sox desperatly need either Crawford or Cabrera. Remember Cabrera has spent a lot of time in left and if the Sox get him they need WILLITS. Then they need to trade Crede and a prospect to LA for Matt Kemp. Trade Thome for prospects to replace some of the ones lost in Miggy trade.
My ideal line up.

CF Willits
SS Cabrera
3B Cabrera
1B Konerko
DH Dye
C Pierzynski
3B Fields
RF Kemp
2B Richar

Sockinchisox
11-28-2007, 07:58 PM
CF - Owens
SS - Cabrera
DH - Thome
1B - Konerko
RF - Dye
3B - Crede
C - Pierzynski
LF - Fields
2B - Richar

Rotation: Buehrle/Vazquez/Contreras/Danks/Floyd

Kenny already said Fields will only play 3rd. He's going to do whatever it takes to trade Crede.

WhiteSoxJunkie
11-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Yankees, Dodgers, Twins.

Sockinchisox
11-28-2007, 08:41 PM
I'd be stunned if the Sox make more than 1 move.

ilsox7
11-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Kenny has stated many times he will make many moves and I'm going to believe him.
Most active teams
-Yankees
- Dodgers
- Sox/ Phils

WILLITS
Cabrera
Crawford
Rowand

I think the Sox desperatly need either Crawford or Cabrera. Remember Cabrera has spent a lot of time in left and if the Sox get him they need WILLITS. Then they need to trade Crede and a prospect to LA for Matt Kemp. Trade Thome for prospects to replace some of the ones lost in Miggy trade.
My ideal line up.

CF Willits
SS Cabrera
3B Cabrera
1B Konerko
DH Dye
C Pierzynski
3B Fields
RF Kemp
2B Richar

I suggest waking up from your dream-like state.

hi im skot
11-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Kenny already said Fields will only play 3rd. He's going to do whatever it takes to trade Crede.

When did he say that? Do you have a link?

mjmcend
11-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Most active teams
-Yankees
- Dodgers
- Sox/ Phils

WILLITS
Cabrera
Crawford
Rowand

My ideal line up.

CF Willits
SS Cabrera
3B Cabrera
1B Konerko
DH Dye
C Pierzynski
3B Fields
RF Kemp
2B Richar

Why stop there? We could trade Uribe for Utley. I hear that Mauer guy is a pretty good catcher, lets get him. And I know the Yankees resigned him, but do you think ARod would want to come here and be our first bat off the bench?

kwkonsl
11-28-2007, 10:36 PM
There is no way LA gives us Kemp for Crede and a prospect. Kemp is a can miss prospect, even better than Ellsbury for Crede who is a big question mark and a prospect. In order to get Crawford or Cabrera the Rays and Fish will want Major league young talent back. Either Danks, Field, Gio, and Boradway must be included for them to even consider our package over other teams.

Owens 350,000
Cabrera 7.5 (including money from LA)
Crawford/ Cabrera app 10
Thome 7 mil
Konerko 12 mil
Dye 9.5
Rowand 13 mil
Fields 350,000
Richar 350,000

Lineup 60 million

(Burhle, Vasquez, Contreras 35.5 million for these three), Floyd 350,000, Clement/ Colon/ Gio Rotation for 39-41 million

Jenks, Linebrink, Thorton, Masset, Broadway, Logan, _____

Hall, Ozuna, Uribe, (sweeney, Anderson)

So I have our core players taking up 100 million our relievers and bench will ad up to 15 -20

I dont think 120 million payroll is unreasonable if Kenny and Jerry are serious about winning. Which they are on the record saying

Sign Rowand because he is the best option now not because every one here seems to love him 5 years 65
Danks and De Los Santos plus one traded for M. Cabrera, or Crawford
Crede plus lower level prospect for a reliever

As much as I dont like Uribe I think we have to keep him for insurance of Richar really struggles or if Cabrera get get hurt. He can also spell Fields at 3b. I personally like this team. I think we need to sign a risky veteran (Clement, Colon) to compete for the back end with Gio/ Floyd.

Most active teams
-Yankees
- Dodgers
- Sox/ Phils

WILLITS
Cabrera
Crawford
Rowand

My ideal line up.

CF Willits
SS Cabrera
3B Cabrera
1B Konerko
DH Dye
C Pierzynski
3B Fields
RF Kemp
2B Richar

GoSox2K3
11-28-2007, 11:59 PM

KW seems to hint at this too.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-071128sox,1,7196600.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines
When the four-day winter meetings start Monday in Nashville, Williams says enough teams will provide matches for a trade. But in a surprise, Williams said:

"It doesn't have to be a center fielder. We can stay with [Jerry] Owens in center field. We still have Ryan Sweeney. We still have Brian Anderson. We may choose to go the left-field route, or we may choose to move one of those guys to left field and plug in a center fielder. So we've got a lot of flexibility.":thud:

Good God, please let's not go into opening day with one of these 3 guys as our starting CF.

No mention of free agents in this article. Does that mean the Sox have given up on acquiring a free agent outfielder? Or is it just that the focus in this discussion is on trades since they are heading into the winter meetings?

BadBobbyJenks
11-29-2007, 12:04 AM

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-071128sox,1,7196600.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines
:thud:

Good God, please let's not go into opening day with one of these 3 guys as our starting CF.

No mention of free agents in this article. Does that mean the Sox have given up on acquiring a free agent outfielder? Or is it just that the focus in this discussion is on trades since they are heading into the winter meetings?

Who is Ryan Sweeny, Who is Brian Anderson???

Why does everyone feel like Jerry Owens can be our lead off centerfielder I just dont get it....

ksimpson14
11-29-2007, 02:13 AM
Twins, Dodgers, Mets

asindc
11-29-2007, 09:51 AM

:thud:

Do you want KW to actually publicly state that he is going after certain players? Personally, I'd rather he not tip his hand at all. If we are kept in the dark, so be it.

nccwsfan
11-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Who is Ryan Sweeny, Who is Brian Anderson???

Why does everyone feel like Jerry Owens can be our lead off centerfielder I just dont get it....

Ryan Sweeney and Brian Anderson are two OF prospects that haven't made the impact most thought they would. Anderson had his opportunity in 06', and although he's not doing himself any favors he's been very good defensively. Sweeney had 80AB to show us what he can do. No way will he ever help this team- he's a complete bust.

Owens might not be able to be our leadoff CF, but who's to say that he cannot improve on his OBP this year? If he can get to .350 I'd love to have his speed on the basepaths.

Sockinchisox
11-29-2007, 10:41 AM
When did he say that? Do you have a link?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071107&content_id=2295651&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Williams spoke to a group of reporters at the General Managers Meetings on Wednesday in Orlando, Fla., and made it clear that Josh Fields no longer stands as an option to play left field. It will either be Fields, the burgeoning young talent with the powerful bat, or Crede, one of the best defensive players at his position who is coming off of back surgery, starting at third base for the White Sox during the 2008 season.

spiffie
11-29-2007, 10:51 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071107&content_id=2295651&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws
Sometimes Kenny doesn't tell the truth. And sometimes the truth changes. I know what he said, but I predict, and I could be totally wrong, but my best guess today would be that no one takes a shot on Crede, the Sox realize they need to have Fields in the lineup, and you end up with the earlier mentioned lineup. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fields end up at 3B as the year goes on, and Crede either gets traded or proves ineffective post-surgery.

soxfan13
11-29-2007, 03:12 PM
I'd be stunned if the Sox make more than 1 move.

They have made 2 moves so far. So how stunned are you?

BadBobbyJenks
11-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Ryan Sweeney and Brian Anderson are two OF prospects that haven't made the impact most thought they would. Anderson had his opportunity in 06', and although he's not doing himself any favors he's been very good defensively. Sweeney had 80AB to show us what he can do. No way will he ever help this team- he's a complete bust.

Owens might not be able to be our leadoff CF, but who's to say that he cannot improve on his OBP this year? If he can get to .350 I'd love to have his speed on the basepaths.

I guess I should have tealed the anderson sweeney part......

nccwsfan
11-29-2007, 05:17 PM
I guess I should have tealed the anderson sweeney part......

I figured that- it was my chance to counterpoint those who have all but given up on BA/Sweeney/Owens. Sweeney and Owens can still make contributions to this team- BA has probably run his course here and needs a change of scenery.