PDA

View Full Version : WSI Day at Fenway Park?

Fenway
11-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Talked to my ticket rep today.

He can arrange for group tickets when the White Sox come in Labor Day weekend in 2008. (August 28-30th)

If there is any interest I will set the rep up with a WSI staffer to handle everything on the Chicago end.

It would be a chance to show that Fenway Park is not a turd, Red Sox fans are not all morans...and you would have a fun weekend in one of America's great cities.

While hotels are expensive in Boston there is a cheap solution 2 blocks from Fenway
http://www.bostonhostel.org/fenway.shtml

There is only a small window that they are available as the White Sox games have been included in the 10 games packs that go on sale December 8th.

downstairs
11-27-2007, 04:17 PM

He can arrange for group tickets when the White Sox come in Labor Day weekend in 2008. (August 28-30th)

If there is any interest I will set the rep up with a WSI staffer to handle everything on the Chicago end.

It would be a chance to show that Fenway Park is not a turd, Red Sox fans are not all morans...and you would have a fun weekend in one of America's great cities.

While hotels are expensive in Boston there is a cheap solution 2 blocks from Fenway

There is only a small window that they are available as the White Sox games have been included in the 10 games packs that go on sale December 8th.

What do ya think tickets will run? $10,000 for nosebleed?

Kidding, kidding.

I'm way to far away, but I've visited Fenway Park (even got to walk on the field). It is a great place in a really fun neighborhood.

kruzer31
11-27-2007, 04:17 PM

I would be interested in two tickets to one of the games that weekend.

Jeff

Daver
11-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Fenway Park is a turd.

jenn2080
11-27-2007, 04:27 PM
My brother would probably be interested in 2. I went to Fenway before the fans completely lost their minds.

spawn
11-27-2007, 04:27 PM
If Fenway is anything like the Urinal...I'll pass.

Fenway
11-27-2007, 04:54 PM
What do ya think tickets will run? $10,000 for nosebleed?

Kidding, kidding.

I'm way to far away, but I've visited Fenway Park (even got to walk on the field). It is a great place in a really fun neighborhood.

group tickets are usually Grandstand or Bleachers.....$50 or $23 but depending on how many there is a discount.

Fenway Park is a turd.

Was...not anymore :smile:

My brother would probably be interested in 2. I went to Fenway before the fans completely lost their minds.

Ahh..you admit we did have minds in the past :tongue:

NO COMPARISON......When Boston played at Wrigley in 2005 Jerry Remy went into a tirade on-air at what a dump Wrigley was, he could not believe how bad the place smelled.

HomeFish
11-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Fenway Park is much nicer than Wrigley. It's no Miller Park, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you're expecting a dump.

That said, I last went in 2003, when the fans were probably much less arrogant and bandwagony than they are now. I remember being very impressed that despite Boston not having much of a Latin population, 35k were correctly saying the soft d in their "Let's go Pedro" chant.

DumpJerry
11-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Will they welcome the group on the scoreboard? Will it be a mystical message about Moonlight Graham?

Myrtle72
11-27-2007, 08:10 PM
I'd go.

chisox77
11-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Sounds like a solid offer, but I can't sing "Sweet Caroline." Not even if I was drunk enough to try it.

:cool:

SoxRox
11-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Very much interested.

Would like to know more details.

-SoxRox

Fenway
11-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Very much interested.

Would like to know more details.

-SoxRox

Once we get a handle on how many are in, I go back to the BoSox rep and see what is available.

Then I will let someone in Chicago handle putting the order together and deal with the Red Sox....

Travel and lodging is on each person. I recommend the hostel because it is clean, cheap by Boston standards and 2 blocks from the park.

Another hotel even closer to Fenway I am not sure any White Sox fan would want to step foot in. In the hotel bar in 1919 a White Sox player approached a Boston gambler...:whiner:

The hotel is the Buckminster and the bar today is Uno's Chicago Grille.

StillMissOzzie
11-27-2007, 11:28 PM

Only non-morons know how to spell "morons"

I keed, I keed!
SMO
:tongue:

A. Cavatica
11-27-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm interested.

Brian26
11-27-2007, 11:59 PM

:hawk
"Your what hurts?"

Frater Perdurabo
11-28-2007, 04:51 AM
Fenway, what a lovely idea! I wish I could go. But anticipating that we'll have a 3-month old around that time, it just wouldn't be feasible for the Perdurabo family to make the trek.

For the record, I've never had any problems with any Red Sox fans or the team for that matter. My beef is with the media.

cws05champ
11-28-2007, 08:55 AM
I'd be interested in 2 tickets....Let me know when you would need final confirmation and or $$.

skobabe8
11-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Fenway Park is a turd.

Have you been there? Just curious why you say that.

I would be interested, unfortunately Yankee Stadium is my number 1 target this year. I cant afford 2 trips. Thanks anyway! :D:

Fenway
11-28-2007, 09:38 AM

I would be interested, unfortunately Yankee Stadium is my number 1 target this year. I cant afford 2 trips. Thanks anyway! :D:

Fenway was in awful shape by the late 1990's as Harrington wouldn't even spring for a can of paint. He wanted a new Fenway Park and almost got it.

John Henry and Larry Lucchino however saw Fenway as a museum gold mine and with Janet Marie Smith started the renovations that continue today.

Everybody thought they were insane when they built the "Monster seats" in 2003 but now they look like they have been there forever..nobody remembers the old net.

They have spent a fortune widening the concourses and standing areas and you no longer feel squeezed in. Next year they will redo the grandstand and take out 3 rows of seats to put in wider seats and more legroom. They can do this now with the new seats on the roof. The 2009 capacity will be 40,560.

Nobody will miss these seats
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/Fenway_Grandstands.jpg/275px-Fenway_Grandstands.jpg

BRDSR
11-28-2007, 09:42 AM
I would definitely maybe be interested.

Couldn't make a final decision until the summer and I know how the budget's looking and whether I could take a trip up to Boston for a weekend. Will keep my eye out for updates, thanks.

Fenway
11-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Janet Marie Smith is a genius. ( wonderful woman ) She was the design leader at both Camden Yards and Petco Field and Lucchino brought her to Boston.

She has been contacted by one of the groups involved with buying the Cubs to do her magic at Wrigley. She says this group has already told the city don't start with the landmark crap or we will build a new park.

Of course it still isn't clear if the Tribune is selling Wrigley Field along with the team.

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/01/24/1169672426_7422.jpg

nysox35
11-28-2007, 09:57 AM
I'd be interested in 2 tickets. It'd be pretty easy to come up from NYC for me. My old roommate is a big Red Sox fan and I've only been to Fenway once (In summer of 2001), so it'd be fun to go. Keep us posted!

whitesoxwin
11-28-2007, 10:03 AM
I would be interested in two tickets. Keep me informed.

Bump34
11-28-2007, 10:15 AM

It is...

Fenway
11-28-2007, 10:19 AM
It is...

When were you last there? I will call anyone on this. Fenway is in far better shape than Wrigley, Shea or Yankee Stadium.

nysox35
11-28-2007, 10:26 AM
When were you last there? I will call anyone on this. Fenway is in far better shape than Wrigley, Shea or Yankee Stadium.

Yankee Stadium does not deserve to be compared to those two hellholes! :D:

Rocky Soprano
11-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Im in for sure, let me know the details once you have them.

ChetChat
11-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Fenway, great idea. I am definitely in for 2, pending my cousin's wedding in Argentina. She has yet to announce a date, but it'll be sometime between September and November.
Maybe I'll actually meet you this time.. I missed you when I was in town for the Boston Marathon this year.
PS. Singing "Sweet Caroline" is FUN!

Chez
11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Will they welcome the group on the scoreboard? Will it be a mystical message about Moonlight Graham?

Nicely played!! :D:

Fenway
11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
It is...

Dave you just mad because the radio booth is about 900 feet above the plate :tongue:

Say Hi to Andy.........tell him Ben Mondor is not doing well sadly :(:

Bump34
11-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Dave you just mad because the radio booth is about 900 feet above the plate :tongue:

Say Hi to Andy.........tell him Ben Mondor is not doing well sadly :(:

I will see him today at the Ballpark presser... and actually one of my favorite things about Fenway is they have the best media dining spread in the AL...

Fenway
11-28-2007, 11:58 AM
I will see him today at the Ballpark presser... and actually one of my favorite things about Fenway is they have the best media dining spread in the AL...

Indeed they do :smile:

Boston writers were screaming in Denver about the 'box lunches' the Rockies provided for the series. :tongue:

Fenway
11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
BTW please respond to me using the email option at WSI as unless West or Michelle increase my PM box limit I am going to be filled. There does seem to be some interest.

One we get this cranking we need somebody outside of New England ( preferably Illinois ) to be the point person as the tickets would come from the allotment the Red Sox give to fans from other teams.

and yes White Sox Interactive would be on the scoreboard :smile:

http://www.cardmall.com/moonlight-graham/doc4a.gif

I never understood why the producers of Field of Dreams had him dying in 1972 instead of 1968. Was it that important to have The Godfather playing in the Chisholm movie theater?

Daver
11-28-2007, 04:08 PM
BTW please respond to me using the email option at WSI as unless West or Michelle increase my PM box limit I am going to be filled. There does seem to be some interest.

Transfer the messages to your PC and clear your inbox.

Walker29
11-28-2007, 05:36 PM
I would be interested in 2-4 tickets. My brother in law and his wife live in Boston and are Red Sox fans. First time there was in 2006 to see Carlos Pena hit his extra innings walk off. We are planning a trip to Boston that weekend anyways and would probably get tickets somehow. PM me with more details.

Daver
11-28-2007, 05:41 PM

Yes, I paid full price to look at a pole for most of the game.

They can polish that turd all they want, it will never shine.

kobo
11-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I would be interested in 3 tickets. My Dad, brother and I are planning a trip out east this summer to catch a game at Yankee Stadium, a game at Shea, a game in Boston and a game in Baltimore.

Fenway
11-28-2007, 11:10 PM
We needed 20 tickets at least and from the initial response it looks like 50 maybe the number neded. I will be talking to Boston on Friday to see what the best option is.

DumpJerry
11-28-2007, 11:29 PM
One thing is for certain:

Fenway can guarantee a Sox victory.

Thank you. Thank you. I open in Vegas next week!

Fenway
11-28-2007, 11:38 PM
One thing is for certain:

Fenway can guarantee a Sox victory.

Thank you. Thank you. I open in Vegas next week!

Thank you Rodney :tongue:

Of course it might rain :smile:

ksimpson14
11-29-2007, 12:37 AM
I also want to do Yankee Stadium, but I think a lot of people will be disappointed, probably a little late, since so many are thinking the same thing, along with everyone in NY who might not even get to go regularly

DumpJerry
11-29-2007, 07:26 AM
I also want to do Yankee Stadium, but I think a lot of people will be disappointed, probably a little late, since so many are thinking the same thing, along with everyone in NY who might not even get to go regularly
:?:
Not sure what you're saying there. Are you telling us that we won't see Lou Gehrig play if we go?

TommyJohn
11-29-2007, 08:28 AM
http://www.cardmall.com/moonlight-graham/doc4a.gif

I never understood why the producers of Field of Dreams had him dying in 1972 instead of 1968. Was it that important to have The Godfather playing in the Chisholm movie theater?

They bumped his timeline for some reason. The real Moonlight Graham
played his only game in 1905, not 1922 as the movie stated. Also, he
died in 1965, not 1968.

Fenway
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
This is good news for the WSI at Fenway idea.

The Red Sox did not include any of the White Sox games in the mini-plans they offer so there will be more tickets available for Chicago

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/soxpax.jsp

cws05champ
12-03-2007, 02:25 PM
This is good news for the WSI at Fenway idea.

The Red Sox did not include any of the White Sox games in the mini-plans they offer so there will be more tickets available for Chicago

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/soxpax.jsp

So, Fenway when will you know from the ticket rep about the group tickets? And will you get them for just one game or two?

Fenway
12-03-2007, 02:26 PM
So, Fenway when will you know from the ticket rep about the group tickets? And will you get them for just one game or two?

I called today and he is off because they all have to work Saturday when the April, May tickets go on sale.

russ99
12-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Interesting...

It was a lot of fun to "invade" Wrigley for Cubs-Sox in 2006.

Still, I'd have to act like a jackass to make up for those 35,000 idiots that invaded Comiskey this season.

SABRSox
12-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Who is handling the money for this?