PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers to battle Red Sox at Coliseum

Fenway
11-27-2007, 11:00 AM
It is a done deal

Dodgers are expecting a sellout of 90,000 plus

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071126&content_id=2309174&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

It's estimated that the Dodgers will spend around $250,000 to build temporary dugouts for the game as well as erect a longer and larger metal curtain in left field, dubbed the "Chinese curtain" from 1958-61 when the Dodgers called the Coliseum home. The curtain was created to prevent pop flies from becoming home runs because the dimensions of the Coliseum made left field 251 feet away from home plate

Foulke You
11-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Cool idea. Too bad they didn't choose the White Sox as the opponent. A '59 World Series "rematch" would have been cool.

skobabe8
11-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Cool idea. Too bad they didn't choose the White Sox as the opponent. A '59 World Series "rematch" would have been cool.

Rumor has it if this goes well they will do it with the White Sox in '09 for the 50th anniversary.

AZChiSoxFan
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Close your eyes and ears here for a second Fenway. :wink:

I hope that the city of Los Angeles is prepared to be invaded by all of these pseudo Red Sox fans.

For the first time in my life, I feel sorry for the city of LA.

Foulke You
11-27-2007, 11:52 AM
I hope that the city of Los Angeles is prepared to be invaded by all of these pseudo Red Sox fans.
They will go well with the pseudo fake people that are in LA. :tongue:

Fenway
11-27-2007, 11:58 AM

invaded???? they already there :tongue:

This bar in Santa Monica is as Boston as it gets
http://www.sonnymcleans.com/

Brian26
11-27-2007, 08:25 PM

Rumor has it if this goes well they will do it with the White Sox in '09 for the 50th anniversary.

That would be a trip worth making. That's a great idea.

MrRoboto83
11-28-2007, 01:17 AM

I feel sorry for all the fans willing to go to this, that stadium is beyond a dump.

Hitmenof77
11-28-2007, 10:31 AM

They are playing the Red Sox because the Red Sox will be coming back from their opener in Japan.

Hopefully that 59 rematch rumor comes true.

But where are the dugouts?

Fenway
11-28-2007, 10:38 AM
They are playing the Red Sox because the Red Sox will be coming back from their opener in Japan.

Hopefully that 59 rematch rumor comes true.

But where are the dugouts?

The Dodgers are going to spend $250,000 to build dugouts for the game :o:

Perfect match for Boston....they needed to play some games after Japan while waiting to play Oakland again when the season really starts.

McCourt is a Boston guy so there is a connection there.

SoCal has a LOT of Boston fans....always has.

Hitmenof77
11-28-2007, 10:46 AM
The Dodgers are going to spend $250,000 to build dugouts for the game :o:

Perfect match for Boston....they needed to play some games after Japan while waiting to play Oakland again when the season really starts.

McCourt is a Boston guy so there is a connection there.

SoCal has a LOT of Boston fans....always has.

McBankrupt has $250K? Who knew????

jabrch
11-28-2007, 11:22 AM
250K is nothing. If they sell 90K tickets that is 34K more than their capacity. Assume they make this a 4 game series. That's 136,00 TICKETS. Let's say the average ticket price for a game vs Boston at Dodger Stadium is $40. That's $5.5m.

I think they can afford $250K to build a dugout.

Fenway
11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
McBankrupt has $250K? Who knew????

Nobody in Boston understands how Frank and Jamie pulled this scam off.

We know that Bud threw him the Dodgers after he said he was going to sue MLB over the Red Sox sale and Selig bought him off.

Rupert Murdoch wound up with his vast parking lot empire and the waterfront land that the new ballpark would have been built ( Frank was going to sell Fenway Park to Boston University )

Murdoch is now developing the land with hotels, offices and retail and will make a fortune on it.

anewman35
11-28-2007, 05:32 PM
250K is nothing. If they sell 90K tickets that is 34K more than their capacity. Assume they make this a 4 game series. That's 136,00 TICKETS. Let's say the average ticket price for a game vs Boston at Dodger Stadium is $40. That's $5.5m.

They're just planning on playing one there, and two at Dodger Stadium. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's the plan. Also, I can't imagine they'd try to pull off a $40 average ticket price on spring training tickets, would they?

Hitmenof77
11-28-2007, 06:20 PM
They're just planning on playing one there, and two at Dodger Stadium. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's the plan. Also, I can't imagine they'd try to pull off a $40 average ticket price on spring training tickets, would they?

You don't know McBankrupt.

SOXPHILE
11-29-2007, 10:20 AM
I wonder if ESPN will talk in depth about this "historic" event in the coming months.

Fenway
11-29-2007, 10:33 AM
No more football for the Coliseum as USC moving to the Rose Bowl. Is the sports arena next door still there?

Kogs35
11-29-2007, 10:58 AM
No more football for the Coliseum as USC moving to the Rose Bowl. Is the sports arena next door still there?

its not offical yet is it?

Hitmenof77
11-29-2007, 11:24 AM
its not offical yet is it?

Not official yet and a long way to go before SC moves to the Rose Bowl.

Even if SC stays at the Coliseum, they would have 5-6 months to get the field ready for football.

Sports Arena is still there but it will leveled for a new parking structure soon.

bigfoot
12-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I feel sorry for all the fans willing to go to this, that stadium is beyond a dump.
Worse than,....you know,.....that place up North?:rolleyes: