PDA

View Full Version : When do the official 2008 schedules come out?

ViPeRx007
11-26-2007, 08:05 PM
In all the years I've been a baseball fan I've never actually known when the official schedules come out. I'm actually planning a big family trip this summer to visit Yankee Stadium (bro and dad are Yanks fans....yea) and the Cell (just for me, the lone ChiSox fan of the family). We're trying to do this all in the same trip so I need to figure out when both teams are home and what our options are.

All I see right now are "tentative" schedules.

I appreciate the help.

Fenway
11-26-2007, 08:46 PM
In all the years I've been a baseball fan I've never actually known when the official schedules come out. I'm actually planning a big family trip this summer to visit Yankee Stadium (bro and dad are Yanks fans....yea) and the Cell (just for me, the lone ChiSox fan of the family). We're trying to do this all in the same trip so I need to figure out when both teams are home and what our options are.

I appreciate the help.

It is pretty much set now...the official schedule was waiting for Boston to agree to go to Toyko which they finally did 3 weeks ago.

Start planning.

nccwsfan
11-26-2007, 10:01 PM

I appreciate the help.

The dates are official, the only part that's tentative are the times. We're also planning our trip to Yankee Stadium, which will be in mid-September.

Good luck!

DumpJerry
11-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Let us know when you are here so we can arrange for you to play CF that day.

ViPeRx007
11-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Let us know when you are here so we can arrange for you to play CF that day.

I play fastpitch softball and have been known to run down and make some sweet catches in the outfield. I'm also a pretty scrappy hitter; Ecksteinesque even.

Where do I sign? I'll play for the league minimum and be thrilled.

:D:

ViPeRx007
11-26-2007, 11:02 PM
The dates are official, the only part that's tentative are the times. We're also planning our trip to Yankee Stadium, which will be in mid-September.

Good luck!

EDIT: Nevermind. I misread your post; thought you said "teams" where you actually said "times"

Well, the teams they are playing is kind of important as well. No offense to the Royals or anything, but if I had the choice I'd rather see the Angels or somebody with players who are good....lol. I've only been to 2 MLB games in my life (both in Seattle) so this isn't something I do every day.

Either way it'll be sweet. Seeing Yankee Stadium and US Cellular Field (AND THE WHITE SOX FOR THE FIRST TIME!) in the same trip, it's tough to be too upset about that.

ksimpson14
11-27-2007, 05:15 AM
I want to do NY too (I'm sure alot of others too), but I don't even see tentative for them?