PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers hire Boston RR guru

Fenway
11-26-2007, 04:41 PM
This is a big loss for the Red Sox as Dr C was he is known around the park always treated the fan #1.

Dr. Charles Steinberg, who dramatically transformed the fan experience in Fenway Park in his nearly six years here, is leaving the Red Sox as executive VP for public affairs to accept a top front-office position with the Los Angeles Dodgers, according to major league sources. The Dodgers are expected to make the announcement tomorrow.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2007/11/vp_charles_stei.html

Dr C fought hard to keep the organ at Fenway over recorded music and found a perfect mix.

But Dr C was despised by Theo and was a main reason Theo departed 2 years ago. Now we know who won that war.

Oblong
11-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Does everything in Boston regarding the Red Sox have to play out like a Soap Opera? Can't it just be that a guy leaves? There always has to be some back story.

(Not directed at you Fenway)

RedHeadPaleHoser
11-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I feel bad for Fenway. He reports on the goings ons and I think inadvertently gets caught in the middle, i.e., shooting the messenger.

But then, he makes a post about FA's not wanting to come to Chicago and how much Francona is loved....and I change my mind.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, this guy wants to go work with Joe Torre, and it has NOTHING to do with anyone in the Red Sox front office?

Fenway
11-26-2007, 05:43 PM
I feel bad for Fenway. He reports on the goings ons and I think inadvertently gets caught in the middle, i.e., shooting the messenger.

But then, he makes a post about FA's not wanting to come to Chicago and how much Francona is loved....and I change my mind.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, this guy wants to go work with Joe Torre, and it has NOTHING to do with anyone in the Red Sox front office?

2 years ago Dr C leaked a story to Shaugnessey about Theo and Lucchino that blew up in his face.

People who know him well say he did not want to leave.