PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Clubhouse Sale this weekend

salty99
11-26-2007, 04:24 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20071126&content_id=2307566&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

btrain929
11-26-2007, 04:34 PM
That's a pretty cool idea. Hopefully they'll have more than 6 7/8 sized hats and Jose Contreras jerseys this time around, clothing-wise.

chisoxmike
11-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Very cool.

I'm going to try and be there.

chisoxmike
11-26-2007, 04:57 PM
They always find a way to get your money...

The cost of admission is $5, which is good towards a purchase at the Clubhouse Sale

What if I don't buy anything? I just spent $5 to look at merchandise.

RedHeadPaleHoser
11-26-2007, 05:31 PM
They always find a way to get your money...

What if I don't buy anything? I just spent $5 to look at merchandise.

Considering that fee goes to WS Charities, OR towards the purchase of something, I think it's fine. Besides, I will need to bring major $$ with me since I'll need it for bail. I'm unscrewing stuff off the walls in the clubhouse....forget the 2000 ALDS hats. :D:

MUsoxfan
11-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Awesome idea. I'll head over on Friday to make sure decent stuff is still available

ChiSoxGirl
11-26-2007, 10:56 PM
This is the first weekend since Labor Day weekend that I don't have anything going on, so I'm going to try and get down there.

Jerko
11-27-2007, 03:59 PM
CHICAGO – This holiday season, the Chicago White Sox are offering
fans discounted merchandise and unique access at
U.S. Cellular Field during the team’s first ever
“Clubhouse Sale.” New, officially licensed team
merchandise will be marked down 20 to 50 percent
and sold in the White Sox home clubhouse,
an area of the ballpark rarely visited by fans.
The Clubhouse Sale will take place on:
Friday, November 30, 2:00 to 6:00 p.m.;
Saturday, December 1, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.;
and Sunday, December 2, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
On Saturday, White Sox Weekly – The Score Radio
(670 AM) show dedicated to White Sox topics – will
broadcast live from the visiting clubhouse from
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Fans planning to attend the Clubhouse Sale should
park their vehicles in Lot E and enter U.S.
Cellular Field through the Stadium Club entrance,
located between Gates 2 and 3.
The cost of admission is $5, which is good
towards a purchase at the Clubhouse Sale. A portion
of the weekend’s proceeds go to Chicago White Sox
Charities, the organization’s philanthropic arm.

Legacy Bricks, benefitting White Sox Charities,
will be available for purchase during the Friday
and Saturday hours of the Clubhouse Sale –
with the deadline to purchase bricks set
for 5 p.m. on Saturday.

Chicago White Sox Charities provides annual
financial, in-kind and emotional support to
hundreds of Chicago-based organizations,
including those leading the fight against
cancer or dedicated to improving the lives of
Chicago's youth through education and athletics.

jenn2080
11-27-2007, 04:05 PM
You are a day late and a dollar short.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94986

Jerko
11-27-2007, 04:06 PM
You are a day late and a dollar short.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94986

And here I thought my new rep had a scoop for once. Dammit.

HomeFish
11-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Last time I went to one of the Sox sales, I bought a Jerry Manuel autographed baseball for $5. It was an awesome gag present for one of my fellow Sox fans.

Frontman
11-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Last time I went to one of the Sox sales, I bought a Jerry Manuel autographed baseball for $5. It was an awesome gag present for one of my fellow Sox fans.

So you're expecting $5 Ryan Bukvich, Scott Podsednik, and Mike Myers baseballs this year?

(I would of included Garland, but I like Jon too much to include him with that crowd, even in jest.)

BainesHOF
11-28-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm not expecting any autographed items or game-used stuff. I think it's just going to be your regular souvenir items like t-shirts, hats, pennants, etc.

salty99
11-28-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm not expecting any autographed items or game-used stuff. I think it's just going to be your regular souvenir items like t-shirts, hats, pennants, etc.

Right, the draw for me would be to see the clubhouse.

btrain929
11-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Right, the draw for me would be to see the clubhouse.

You think they would throw fits if you tried to take pictures while in the clubhouse?

skottyj242
11-28-2007, 02:17 PM
You think they would throw fits if you tried to take pictures while in the clubhouse?

They're usually pretty cool about stuff like that. It all depends on how it's set up though, you may not want to take pictures of merchandise.

ChetChat
11-29-2007, 10:00 AM
I think DumpJerry would have liked it....

MrT27
11-30-2007, 03:04 PM
For anyone who goes today coudl you post what kind of stuff they have, the prices, and how crowded it is? I may go tomorrow but want to see if it sworth the trip.

MUsoxfan
11-30-2007, 05:19 PM
I got there today at 1:30 expecting a long line with gates opening at 2. Surprisingly, I was 5th in line and they let us wait inside the Stadium Club entrance.

After they let us in I began my trek to the home Clubhouse and began my shopping. Nothing they had really blew me away. I bought a long-sleeved polo shirt with the '83 logo ($36, marked down from $75) and a wool pennant ($30). Then I went back in the direction of the visitor's clubhouse where they were selling things like game used balls ($20), the legacy bricks ($lots) and "mystery bags" ($20). I bought a mystery bag that had some cool stuff in it....a World Series program, an '05 White Sox magazine, a grinder rules poster, a green hat, a Hawk/DJ bobble head and a Sox Pride bracelet.

Not a great selection of autograph/game worn memorabilia, but it was cool that they had player jerseys and shirts for sale in the actual player lockers. (i.e. If you wanted Thome stuff, it would be in the Thome locker)

Howard Sudberry from Channel 2 was hanging around and actually asked me a couple of questions so maybe I'll be on the news tonight.

It was a pretty cool thing for the Sox to do. All in all it wasn't so much like the Garage Sale as much as it was like them taking the gift shop, moving it to the clubhouse and marking down the prices a little bit.

ChetChat
11-30-2007, 05:23 PM
It was a pretty cool thing for the Sox to do. All in all it wasn't so much like the Garage Sale as much as it was like them taking the gift shop, moving it to the clubhouse and marking down the prices a little bit.

Since it was in the clubhouse, were people taking pictures? Are they allowing it? I'm going tomorrow, so I'm wondering whether to bring my camera or not.

Jason82807
11-30-2007, 05:49 PM
If I wasn't a season ticket holder and didn't get Grinder Bash tix, I'd spend the $5 just to go in the clubhouse.

BeeBeeRichard
11-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Since it was in the clubhouse, were people taking pictures? Are they allowing it? I'm going tomorrow, so I'm wondering whether to bring my camera or not.

Yes, plenty of people with video cameras and regular cameras. No restrictions. Feel free to have your picture taken in Andy Gonzalez's stall. They've removed all the nameplates of the recently departed, so you can guess where they used to sit. Also, you can see who gets two stalls rather than one -- mostly the big-time hitters and the starting pitchers.

BainesHOF
11-30-2007, 06:13 PM
I got there 10 minutes after the clubhouse opened and left shortly after underwhelmed. The prices and discounts were not clearly marked or understandable. I heard a lot of people asking questions about prices and I just gave up since there really wasn't anything that great anyway. I would have bought a couple things, but the checkout line quickly grew and was moving very slowly. In typical White Sox fashion, they had like two people checking people out a line of about 40 people long snaking through a cramped clubhouse.

It's too bad there was no signage about the stuff for sale in the visitor's clubhouse. I saw the door open, but walked right by it.

I saw Bobby Jenks being interviewed by a TV reporter in the hallway when I first arrived, but he was gone by the time I left.

btrain929
11-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Did anyone notice a wide selection for shirts or hats? For the garage sale outside of the Cell, they only had shirts up to XL and hats at 6/78-7

Brian26
11-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Feel free to have your picture taken in Andy Gonzalez's stall.

With the seat up or down? :redneck

Oh, you meant his locker? The way he played last year...

SOXfnNlansing
12-01-2007, 02:04 PM
We went this morning and it was really cool. Getting there early was the key. Anyone going tomorrow should get there at 10a. When we were leaving there was a long line to get into the clubhouse.

It was really cool to see things inside the locker room like the "who's playing today" markerboard; bag drop times and bus times, etc. Hopefully they'll do this every year. They were selling Thome 500 hat pins for $6. They had a good selection today.

jenn2080
12-01-2007, 02:29 PM
What a waste of my time!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally not worth the trip and the lines. Seeing the Clubhouse was cool, but other than that there was nothing worth buying. We ended up leaving after 5 min of looking around and going to Grandstand.

Brian26
12-01-2007, 02:38 PM
What a waste of my time!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally not worth the trip and the lines. Seeing the Clubhouse was cool, but other than that there was nothing worth buying. We ended up leaving after 5 min of looking around and going to Grandstand.

I think I saw you and Scotty walking out mummbling about "how that wasn't worth five dollars." :D:

Brian26
12-01-2007, 02:46 PM
I picked up the new grey cool-base pullover, along with a Sox toy for the baby's car seat. Even with the 20% off discount, it wasn't a huge savings. Still, it was really cool to see the Clubhouse in person, so I think it was worth the trip and the small wait in line.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/brian2653/White%20Sox%20Stuff/DSCN1336.jpg

MinnySoxFan
12-01-2007, 03:58 PM
What do those all-star game patches mean? I'm just a little curious.

MeteorsSox4367
12-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Even though the weather is horse(bleep) right now, I had to come to work for an event, so I figured I was in the neighborhood and would stop by. It was cool being in the clubhouses, but I was kinda disappointed in the stuff for sale.

The caps were of the smaller sizes (I have a size 8 melon) and some of the cooler stuff was a tad pricey. I almost bought the gray pullover that one of the previous posters mentioned, but the $85 was a little out of my range.

I ended up with a green Buehrle t-shirt and a long-sleeve Sox t-shirt. I think the Garage Sale has better stuff with the media guides, pictures and autographed baseballs.

At the Garage Sale, I bought my brother an autographed Shingo ball that he really thought was cool. I was looking for something similar today, but there were none to be found.

I think one of the other posters was right in saying that Grandstand has better stuff. I was hoping for some of the stuff from the t-shirt shop along the first-base line, but there wasn't much there like that.

ChiSoxGirl
12-01-2007, 05:04 PM
We went this morning and it was really cool. Getting there early was the key. Anyone going tomorrow should get there at 10a. When we were leaving there was a long line to get into the clubhouse.

It was really cool to see things inside the locker room like the "who's playing today" markerboard; bag drop times and bus times, etc. Hopefully they'll do this every year. They were selling Thome 500 hat pins for $6. They had a good selection today.
I'm with you- I loved it! :bandance: My sister & I got there shortly before noon and were told it'd be a 45 minute wait, so we went to the Visitor's Clubhouse to check out what was in there. They were selling the pink tank tops that the White Sox Wives were marketing this past season, so I finally picked up one of those. I also saw Rongey after his White Sox Weekly broadcast and talked with him for a few minutes.

We got in line for the Sox Clubhouse, but only waited 20 minutes. Once we got inside, I was impressed. It was just so awesome to be in the same Clubhouse that the players spend 81 games/year in. I took some great pictures and picked up an '83 shirt and Konerko magnet for under $30. I wish I would've seen those Thome 500 hat pins, though!

After we were done, my sister & I got a Kosher dog and soft pretzel at the little window between the Sox and Visitors Clubhouses, which was SO good! The only downer was the 90 minute commute back home because the snow & sleet had started. I hope they have this Clubhouse sale again next year!

Brian26
12-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I almost bought the gray pullover that one of the previous posters mentioned, but the $85 was a little out of my range.

But it was automatically 20% off, so it was actually $68. Then you got to subtract your entry fee. Since I paid for my wife and I to enter, the pullover was $58.

Brian26
12-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Here's the Sox television at the back end of the clubhouse. My wife was asking why there were football helmets on top. I got a little closer to it and saw some of the video collection underneath on the bottom shelf. Several of the tapes said "Vivid" on the side of them. Note the Buehrle Wheaties box, mini World Series trophy, Melton bobblehead,etc.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/brian2653/White%20Sox%20Stuff/DSCN1332.jpg

Brian26
12-01-2007, 05:29 PM
What do those all-star game patches mean? I'm just a little curious.

Just some random patches. From top to bottom,'05 Detroit, '04 Houston, '03 Cell, '02 Milwaukee, '99 Boston, '98 Colorado, '83 Sox. Not sure why they skipped '01 Seattle and '00 Atlanta.

soxfan21
12-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I thought that the clubhouse sale was kind of cool. It was pretty sweet to walk down the same hallway that the players do and was kind of nice to be in their locker room. It was pretty cramped in there, but I did pick up a t-shirt and a hooded sweat shirt for pretty cheap. It was also cool to see Rongey do his show live.

lizard6king6
12-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Here's the Sox television at the back end of the clubhouse. My wife was asking why there were football helmets on top. I got a little closer to it and saw some of the video collection underneath on the bottom shelf. Several of the tapes said "Vivid" on the side of them. Note the Buehrle Wheaties box, mini World Series trophy, Melton bobblehead,etc.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/brian2653/White%20Sox%20Stuff/DSCN1332.jpg
Nice pic. Now isn't "vivid" a ...???.............well nevermind. A little dissapointed no Bears helmet but it looks pretty cool. I love these events but the merchandise is always expensive.

Domeshot17
12-01-2007, 08:42 PM
anybody else get the feeling any video marked vivid either belongs to AJ or Ozzie haha:redneck

soxfanreggie
12-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Isn't AJ a huge Gators fan?

DumpJerry
12-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Isn't AJ a huge Gators fan?
Yup. He's a Florida boy.

ChiSoxGirl
12-01-2007, 11:49 PM
I thought that the clubhouse sale was kind of cool. It was pretty sweet to walk down the same hallway that the players do and was kind of nice to be in their locker room. It was pretty cramped in there, but I did pick up a t-shirt and a hooded sweat shirt for pretty cheap. It was also cool to see Rongey do his show live.

Yes it is. You ought to go to one of his remote broadcasts next season- they're really a lot of fun. He did two at Ozzie's Sports Bar & Grill in Niles, and one at Shoeless Joe's in Rosemont this past season that some of us went to, and also broadcasts the pre & post-game shows every Friday night from the Bullpen Sports Bar, which I started frequenting.

Frontman
12-02-2007, 07:52 AM
Of course, I got called into work yesterday, and if the rain/snow mix keeps coming, I won't be able to make it down there today. *sigh*

But bad weather aside, it sounds like the Sox got a great turnout. Hopefully they'll do this again in the future.

jenn2080
12-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Of course, I got called into work yesterday, and if the rain/snow mix keeps coming, I won't be able to make it down there today. *sigh*

But bad weather aside, it sounds like the Sox got a great turnout. Hopefully they'll do this again in the future.

Don't worry, you did not miss anything. :smile:

DumpJerry
12-02-2007, 12:16 PM
With one exception, everyone I talked to or read about it makes it sound like it was an exceptional event. I'll be heading there with a crew in tow in about 1/2 a hour. Hope I can leave in time to catch the Bears' game at 3:15!

BainesHOF
12-02-2007, 02:07 PM
If you want to check out the clubhouse, great. Beyond that, though, buying so-so overpriced merchandise at a small discount in a long checkout line wasn't my idea of a good time.

SBSoxFan
12-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Nice pic. Now isn't "vivid" a ...???.............well nevermind. A little dissapointed no Bears helmet but it looks pretty cool. I love these events but the merchandise is always expensive.

Don't worry. There will be when Rowand comes back.

jenn2080
12-02-2007, 04:07 PM
If you want to check out the clubhouse, great. Beyond that, though, buying so-so overpriced merchandise at a small discount in a long checkout line wasn't my idea of a good time.

I completely agree. It was cool to see the Clubhouse, but the prices were not worth standing in line. The 20% discount was about the difference in other stores. It just was not worth my time. While I was in Grandstand I noticed there were quite a few people shopping that were at the Clubhouse sale.

Brian26
12-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I completely agree. It was cool to see the Clubhouse, but the prices were not worth standing in line. The 20% discount was about the difference in other stores. It just was not worth my time. While I was in Grandstand I noticed there were quite a few people shopping that were at the Clubhouse sale.

Grandstand has plenty of my money from over the years, but honestly their stuff is just as marked up as the White Sox store.

DumpJerry
12-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Grandstand has plenty of my money from over the years, but honestly their stuff is just as marked up as the White Sox store.
Recently I bought a Walter Payton jersey at Sears downtown for $43.00 which costs $150.00 at Grandstand. I guess Sears was running a 3 for 1 sale.

I enjoyed the Clubhouse sale. Longest line I stood in was less than 3 minutes long to get into the Sox clubhouse. Saw some really nice clothing for sale and there was no checkout line to pay for my purchase. Looking forward to it next year!

tebman
12-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Son-of-tebman and I were there this morning and a splendid time was had by all! We prowled around the Sox clubhouse like the clumsy tourists we are and did some modest Christmas shopping.

Had the good fortune to run into DumpJerry and soxstarter and their crew as well. It's always a good day to be at the ballpark.

Oh, and the "Vivid" tape in the clubhouse? That's a brand name for blank VHS tape, not the notorious production company. A pity though, since thinking that tape was something else made it a better story. :redneck

Peters43
12-03-2007, 06:31 PM
OK, I have to ask -- and I registered solely for this purpose -- I was at the sale Saturday and does anyone know the significance of the Steelers and Eagles helmets above the big screen TV in the clubhouse? I assume the Florida helmet is courtesy of A.J., a huge Gators fan, but who are the Pennsylvanians responsible for the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia love?

DumpJerry
12-03-2007, 06:33 PM
OK, I have to ask -- and I registered solely for this purpose -- I was at the sale Saturday and does anyone know the significance of the Steelers and Eagles helmets above the big screen TV in the clubhouse? I assume the Florida helmet is courtesy of A.J., a huge Gators fan, but who are the Pennsylvanians responsible for the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia love?
I dont' know the answer, but I want to say :welcome:.

Hang around, post some more, enjoy the show!

skottyj242
12-04-2007, 10:02 AM
The best part of the clubhouse sale was going into the visitor's locker room and getting to hold a Toby Hall game used bat. I also saw a Danks jersey and some Pablo used bats. They weren't selling them though.

Ragator43
12-04-2007, 12:46 PM
The best part of the clubhouse sale was going into the visitor's locker room and getting to hold a Toby Hall game used bat. I also saw a Danks jersey and some Pablo used bats. They weren't selling them though.

They had one of AJ's BP bats also. The funniest thing of all the items in the visitor's locker room was a Uribe jersey. If people think he's fat in a size 46 jersey, I must be on the verge of being obese!!

hi im skot
12-04-2007, 12:50 PM

I think I saw you taking some swings with that. And once Rongey mentioned something about Rowand, you split.
:D:

skottyj242
12-04-2007, 12:52 PM
I think I saw you taking some swings with that. And once Rongey mentioned something about Rowand, you split.
:D:

That was me. I was laughing hysterically.

hi im skot
12-04-2007, 12:54 PM
That was me. I was laughing hysterically.

I was sort of hoping that you would bumrush Rongey's table after that...

skottyj242
12-04-2007, 12:57 PM
I was sort of hoping that you would bumrush Rongey's table after that...

I should have. He said something along the lines of how people have made Rowand out to be the player he never was or ever could be and I thought it was funny and I laughed out loud and didn't want to ruin his broadcast.