PDA

View Full Version : Jose Contreras question

eastchicagosoxfan
11-25-2007, 05:08 PM
We all know Contreras was really bad last year. Towards the end of the season, he had some success, after pitching himself out of the rotation. Because of his contract, it's not likely he'll be traded, unless the Sox pick up part of his salary. He's probably going to be penciled in at number three or four. Last year, I recall hearing that Jose had personal issues. What were the issues, and does anyone know if they've been resolved?

DumpJerry
11-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Posters on WSI were not too nice to him last season. He took it personally.

KyWhiSoxFan
11-25-2007, 05:26 PM
We all know Contreras was really bad last year. Towards the end of the season, he had some success, after pitching himself out of the rotation. Because of his contract, it's not likely he'll be traded, unless the Sox pick up part of his salary. He's probably going to be penciled in at number three or four. Last year, I recall hearing that Jose had personal issues. What were the issues, and does anyone know if they've been resolved?

He was going through a divorce. Don't know if he and his wife ever reconciled or are still apart.

When his wife was in Cuba, he didn't pitch well. Then, after she got here, he pitched very well. Then, when she was here awhile, he couldn't pitch well again. He does not need a pitching coach. He needs a psychiatrist.

white sox bill
11-25-2007, 05:55 PM
He was going through a divorce. Don't know if he and his wife ever reconciled or are still apart.

When his wife was in Cuba, he didn't pitch well. Then, after she got here, he pitched very well. Then, when she was here awhile, he couldn't pitch well again. He does not need a pitching coach. He needs a psychiatrist.

After 48 yrs of bachlerhood and still counting, let me talk the 'ol boy. I can talk sense into his oversensitive butt!
Another case of an evil woman ruining a man!!

TornLabrum
11-25-2007, 09:02 PM
After 48 yrs of bachlerhood and still counting, let me talk the 'ol boy. I can talk sense into his oversensitive butt!
Another case of an evil woman ruining a man!!

:tealtutor:

white sox bill
11-26-2007, 06:14 AM
:tealtutor:

Damn! Busted again! Why doesn't the word "teal" show up when I move my mouse over the square, yet it does when the Teal Police nails me!!??

VeeckAsInWreck
11-26-2007, 02:46 PM

A psychiatrist or we need to get him an E-Harmony account before spring training!

jabrch
11-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Last year, I recall hearing that Jose had personal issues. What were the issues,

They are personal.

Chicken Dinner
11-26-2007, 03:38 PM

Or a live chicken. :D:

ksimpson14
11-27-2007, 04:12 AM
The bigger question, anyone else feel uneasy relying on him? It seems like that will have to be done with Garland gone and Kenny publicly saying he's set with the rotation (hope he's just bluffing!).

I was at the last game, it was brutal, send him to NYM

whitesoxfan1986
11-27-2007, 10:55 PM
I think that it would be a wise move by KW if Contreras turns it around through the first half of the season(ERA under 4) that he trades Contreras for a nice package to a team in the playoff hunt in the NL.

Bucky F. Dent
11-28-2007, 07:55 AM
I don't buy the premise that it was a personal thing. Coop talked about it on the radio several times. It was a question of mechanics. When he failed to consistently pitch from over the top, he got pounded.

Chrisaway
11-28-2007, 08:49 AM
I have a weird hunch that hes gonna be awesome this year. So you guys can put your worries to rest.

ksimpson14
03-03-2008, 01:50 PM
This is kind of old, but kind of an update, I was watching MLB's online baseball channel, they talked about this on their fantasy show, either they heard the rumor too, or else kind of confirming, but they did say Contreras got served divorce papers on Opening Day, and people close to him say that did mess with him, and now he's settled it in good terms, has a new girlfriend, is very happy, etc

DumpJerry
03-03-2008, 02:10 PM
This is kind of old, but kind of an update, I was watching MLB's online baseball channel, they talked about this on their fantasy show, either they heard the rumor too, or else kind of confirming, but they did say Contreras got served divorce papers on Opening Day, and people close to him say that did mess with him, and now he's settled it in good terms, has a new girlfriend, is very happy, etc
I heard the same thing on Sports Blab radio this weekend.

soltrain21
03-03-2008, 02:47 PM
I heard he reconciled his marriage...?

Either way, I hope he is happy in life and it transfers to some W's for us.

cws05champ
03-03-2008, 04:10 PM
In this weeks Sportsweekly they had a story on Jose. He was served divorce papers on opening day...and apparently he didn't know it was coming. I don't care who you are, that will mess up up a bit.
I know there were some mechanics that led to some issues, but I have to believe that alot of his struggles were mental.