PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Plan for 2008

kaufsox
11-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Mods, feel free to move if this isn't the appropriate forum:

Does anyone know when Ozzie plans will be available for the 2008 season? I've roped my wife and parents to buy me this little slice of heaven for Christmas, but alas no official word on the ticket plans. Any news/insights would be most appreicated.

chisoxmike
11-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Don't expect anything until mid-December.

All full and split plans have to be 50% paid up on December 3rd. Then everyone who requested upgrades get those taken care of. So when people get their upgrades done and payments processed, expect to hear info on all season ticket plans for 2008.

Etownsox13
11-25-2007, 11:03 PM
The past few years, the Ozzie Plans were on sale early Jan, I believe, for people who were renwing from the previous year, and a week later for everyone else.

kaufsox
11-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the info! See you at the ballpark:D:

eriqjaffe
11-26-2007, 01:20 PM
When I read the thread title, I expected this to be all about bunting, moving runners over and making productive outs.

OzzieBall2004
11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Talked to my rep today. It's actually on sale next Tuesday to 2007 planholders, and then there will be a presale Wednesday for registered users followed by the general public onsale on Thursday.

He said emails will go out later this week explaining.

sbsox
11-27-2007, 10:25 PM
The whitesox site has a page up for the Ozzie Plan 2008. It says to check back for onsale information in early December. It also has this kicker...

Want to see more than 13 games? This year you have the option to purchase additional tickets for all games excluding Opening Day and against the Cubs, and you still save $1 off the individual ticket price!

chisoxmike
11-27-2007, 10:29 PM
There is an error on the 2008 split plan page. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/ticket_plans.jsp?loc=split

Can anyone spot it? :D:

BeefyD
11-27-2007, 10:36 PM
There is an error on the 2008 split plan page. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/ticket_plans.jsp?loc=split

I was going to say the Yankees game in the weekend plan, but it mentions that you get all weekend games plus a Yankees game.

sbsox
11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
I talked to the Sox today and they said a reminder email should be coming out this weekend to last seasons ozzie plan buyers. Another email with the purchase info should be sent out Monday. I hope we will have a shot at better weekend tickets this year.....

WhiteSoxJunkie
12-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I realize Christmas is coming up, but I was thinking about asking for the Ozzie Plan for my birthday in May. Would this work any differently if I get it after the season starts? I see that it includes 2 April games, so does that mean I would have to get this earlier than my birthday, or could I get 2 different games to make up for the 2 in April?

chisoxmike
12-03-2007, 06:54 PM

I was going to say the Yankees game in the weekend plan, but it mentions that you get all weekend games plus a Yankees game.

Look who they have the Sox playing on April 7.

giganticHead
12-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Anyone else notice that the sox are only offering 1 alcs and 1 ws game for full season packages? Looks like new plans only but still...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/ticket_plans.jsp?loc=benefits

twentywontowin
12-04-2007, 09:30 AM
$22 to park this season. Absolutely ridiculous.

chisoxmike
12-04-2007, 10:12 AM

What a ****ing joke. Absolutely outrageous.

I can't wait for people on here to defend the Sox on that. :rolleyes:

salty99
12-04-2007, 10:30 AM
How much is parking with the season ticket discount?

soxfan21
12-04-2007, 10:32 AM
It comes down to $16 per game if you get the full or split season ticket plan.

thepaulbowski
12-04-2007, 10:44 AM

Could they have raised it figuring that Cook County will pass a budget that will involve the raising of the parking tax?

Heffalump
12-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Could they have raised it figuring that Cook County will pass a budget that will involve the raising of the parking tax?

Even if that is true and CC doesn't raise it, do you think they will refund the difference?

Uh, no. It will go to pay Uribe $4.5M for swinging like Babe ruth at EVERY pitch.

Anyhow, I bought my Ozzie plan today after getting kicked out 5 times. Prices suck, but seats and games are decent. Here's to Carlos Quentin!!

MCHSoxFan
12-04-2007, 11:02 AM

Thank God I live right across the street!!! :(: That is for the people driving...and this :whiner:... and this :angry:.

salty99
12-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Thank God I live right across the street!!! :(: That is for the people driving...and this :whiner:... and this :angry:.

You live in a parking lot?

tebman
12-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Even if that is true and CC doesn't raise it, do you think they will refund the difference?

Uh, no. It will go to pay Uribe $4.5M for swinging like Babe ruth at EVERY pitch.

Anyhow, I bought my Ozzie plan today after getting kicked out 5 times. Prices suck, but seats and games are decent. Here's to Carlos Quentin!!
I got lucky -- I was only kicked out three times. :redneck

This is my third year on the Ozzie Plan. Either the seat selection was better or I got smarter in how I chose them. I'm happy with my choices.

Having said that, I have to join the angry chorus about the parking fees. C'mon, twenty-two bucks for an open lot? It's a form of "fee creep," where a charge gets raised a little here, another one gets raised a little there, and in the big picture the revenue stream goes up while it can be claimed that the main cost (tickets) has been stable.

I'm hoping that my extra parking fees aren't going to be paying for Uribe's wild swings much longer. A few more deals and we won't have Juan to kick around any more.

ChiSoxGirl
12-04-2007, 08:35 PM

- Bridgeport Parking Permit: Check! :thumbsup:
- Saving $450-500 per season on parking: Check! :supernana:

russ99
12-05-2007, 11:28 AM
I got my presale link for today's Ozzie renewers and the seat selection is way better than last year.:D:

Still I'm passing because I don't have $1000 to blow on Sox tickets right now (Xmas) plus after last year I have no desire to see the Sox play the Cubs or Red Cubs in 2008.

I'll be buying tix for 8-10 games during single-game sales.