PDA

View Full Version : TV at the game

Paulwny
04-16-2002, 02:33 PM
The Braves are the first team to offer The Insider. It's a wireless, binocular-shaped device that allows fans to switch between live game broadcast, replays and live camera shots from the ballpark or watch other sporting events, news or entertainment on seven channels of low-power TV. It rents for $20 a game.

MattSharp
04-16-2002, 02:42 PM
That sounds real cool. I would rent it for 20 bucks I tihnk.....

MarqSox
04-16-2002, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I've got something like that. It's called my living room, only the TV screen is bigger than 3 inches and it doesn't cost me $40.

Chisox353014
04-16-2002, 04:57 PM
Why does this sound perfect for Cub fans? They're not really watching the game anyway.
They could market it to the bleacher/frat boy crowd as Hootervision-get shots of the best looking tube top babes and program the thing to vibrate when Sammy is up.

:moron
"I always vibrate when Sammy's up."

doublem23
04-16-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Yeah, I've got something like that. It's called my living room, only the TV screen is bigger than 3 inches and it doesn't cost me $40.

Yeah, but is your living room at the ballpark :smile:

IIRC... The Sox were saying they might do something like this a few years back... But I could be mistaken...

I don't really understand why someone would pay for the price of a ticket, and then pay to watch a game other than the one in front of them, but oh well. Whatever rakes in the moolah, I suppose.

:reinsy
Now you're on the trolley.

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Why does this sound perfect for Cub fans? They're not really watching the game anyway.
They could market it to the bleacher/frat boy crowd as Hootervision-get shots of the best looking tube top babes and program the thing to vibrate when Sammy is up.

Quote of the week right there, folks. Quote of the f#@king week.

*****!

Nellie_Fox
04-16-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
:moron
I always vibrate when Sammy's up.
This is the quote of the week...lol.

I always brought my Sony Watchman to Comiskey for WGN games; I could get Hawk and Wimpy on the earphone, and kick on the video for replays.