PDA

View Full Version : What about Markakis?

PorkChopExpress
11-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I haven't heard his name mentioned anywhere or anything, so this is just out of thin air, but is there anyway we can pry him out of Baltimore? This guy has impressed me a lot, and he would probably come a little cheaper than Crawford, although maybe not by much. A lot will depend on if they get rid of Tejada this winter, as I'm sure they will get some useful pieces in return, but do we have any trading pieces they might be interested in?

btrain929
11-23-2007, 05:13 PM
I haven't heard his name mentioned anywhere or anything, so this is just out of thin air, but is there anyway we can pry him out of Baltimore? This guy has impressed me a lot, and he would probably come a little cheaper than Crawford, although maybe not by much. A lot will depend on if they get rid of Tejada this winter, as I'm sure they will get some useful pieces in return, but do we have any trading pieces they might be interested in?

While he is a talented OF'er on D and at the plate, I don't think he really fills any needs of ours, especially in relation to what we'd need to give up to get him. He doesn't solve our CF issue (he's a RF'er), our leadoff issue, and I don't think he will battle for the 5th starter spot or as a LOOGY in the bullpen. If for some reason they only wanted 2 mid level prospects for him, of course, go after him, but that's not realistic. If we got a leadoff hitting CF'er, I wouldn't mind moving Dye to LF and have him in RF, but again, I think Baltimore would ask for a top arm and a top OF prospect (my guess).

eaganmafia
11-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Why would the O's trade a guy who's their franchise player and makes pennies?

jabrch
11-23-2007, 05:34 PM
but is there anyway we can pry him out of Baltimore?

Not a chance....(at least not a reasonable one)

PorkChopExpress
11-23-2007, 06:01 PM
While he is a talented OF'er on D and at the plate, I don't think he really fills any needs of ours, especially in relation to what we'd need to give up to get him. He doesn't solve our CF issue (he's a RF'er), our leadoff issue, and I don't think he will battle for the 5th starter spot or as a LOOGY in the bullpen. If for some reason they only wanted 2 mid level prospects for him, of course, go after him, but that's not realistic. If we got a leadoff hitting CF'er, I wouldn't mind moving Dye to LF and have him in RF, but again, I think Baltimore would ask for a top arm and a top OF prospect (my guess).

He's played some games at CF and LF albeit not many (thirty-something out of almost 300) so I thought he might be able to patrol one of those positions for us. He seems like he has the ability to be a leadoff guy as well, high average, obp and speed. I'm just trying to think outside the box here. They may be interested in Konerko. Wasn't Millar their 1B last year?

PicktoCLick72
11-23-2007, 06:44 PM
What about Ichiro, any chance we trade for him? I hear they're looking for a backup catcher. Hall, Cintron, Logan should get it done.

chaerulez
11-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Why would the O's trade a guy who's their franchise player and makes pennies?

I don't get it either. The guy is on the cheap for what, four or five more years and looks to be a future All Star. The O's have no incentive to trade him unless we give them Burhele or Vazquez.

Lukin13
11-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Guys like Markakis should garner as much in a trade as anyone in the league.

When it takes 100 mill to get Hunter in your lineup; 3 years of a proven Major Leaguer with huge upside for a under 3 mil. is pretty darn valuable.

To put it into perspective there is no one on the Sox entire system that the O's would trade him for straight up.

Noneck
11-23-2007, 08:10 PM
The O's have no incentive to trade him unless we give them Burhele or Vazquez.

Not even Burls or Vazquez will get it done, maybe Jenks.

FarWestChicago
11-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Why would the O's trade a guy who's their franchise player and makes pennies?Because if Kenny wasn't an ******* and a moron deals like this would happen every day. Do you have any idea how many WSI posters would make this, and so much more, happen on a daily basis? Just let our geniuses run the team. We're talking making the Bulls, Habs and Celtics look like babies. WSI posters are the greatest GM's in the history of the Multiverse. :thumbsup: