PDA

View Full Version : Cubs fans hate Crede

Hunter2sox
11-22-2007, 03:58 PM
http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=45359

What a bunch of idiots! :rolleyes:

Foulke You
11-23-2007, 02:32 AM
I feel like I need a shower after reading the crap spewed out in that thread. I'd stay away from that hellhole Hunter. There was only one guy on that board who seemed like he had half a brain and backed up Crede as a solid MLB player. The rest didn't offer much to the conversation except to say "he sucks" without backing it up with many facts. Sorry, "he has low OBP" doesn't mean he sucks. (I absolutely HATE how Billy Beane's 'Moneyball' has made everyone think players that don't have .400 OBP are somehow worthless to a team)

Besides being a vacuum cleaner at 3B and one of the most underrated defensive 3B in the game, Crede is one of the BEST clutch hitters I've ever seen. This is what looking at the ESPN stat sheet doesn't tell you about Crede and this is why Cubs fans wouldn't understand the value Joe brings to your lineup. Sox fans watch him 162 games a year, so we know what he can do and how much it hurt our team not having him there. When the guy is healthy, he is money.

So my message to the NorthsideBaseball "Wiz Kids" is this: While you were watching the great Aramis Ramirez strike out meekly at D'backs pitches out of the zone in the '07 NLDS, we were watching Joe Crede torch Boston, Anaheim, and Houston's pitching all through the '05 playoffs with a bevy of clutch October hits. Something I wouldn't expect Cubs fans to know much about. If Aramis Ramirez is real nice, perhaps the "sucky" Joe Crede will show him is championship ring sometime.:cool:

QCIASOXFAN
11-23-2007, 02:40 AM
How crazy is that!:o:

oeo
11-23-2007, 02:53 AM

First of all, nice name...jump the gun a little? :D:

Second, why are you reading that crap? Who cares what Flub fans have to say? They also think Rich Hill, Sean Marshall, Ryan Theriot, and Mike Fontenot are the second coming...

JermaineDye05
11-23-2007, 03:00 AM
First of all, nice name...jump the gun a little? :D:

Second, why are you reading that crap? Who cares what Flub fans have to say? They also think Rich Hill, Sean Marshall, Ryan Theriot, and Mike Fontenot are the second coming...

Perhaps he means Hunter Pence?

DrCrawdad
11-23-2007, 03:06 AM

Yeah, they hate Crede and think he sucks. Just wait though till Crede is a FA, these same goofs will flip-flop faster than a female gymnast and crave Crede and they'll then assail the Sox for letting the great Joe Crede leave.

http://home.mindspring.com/%7Edcrosby101/1908.jpg

DrCrawdad
11-23-2007, 03:13 AM
...So my message to the NorthsideBaseball "Wiz Kids" is this: While you were watching the great Aramis Ramirez strike out meekly at D'backs pitches out of the zone in the '07 NLDS, we were watching Joe Crede torch Boston, Anaheim, and Houston's pitching all through the '05 playoffs with a bevy of clutch October hits. Something I wouldn't expect Cubs fans to know much about. If Aramis Ramirez is real nice, perhaps the "sucky" Joe Crede will show him is championship ring sometime.:cool:

One thing Harmless Ramirez does better than Crede at is taking routine fly balls off his head. I've never seen Crede do that.

FedEx227
11-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Besides being a vacuum cleaner at 3B and one of the most underrated defensive 3B in the game, Crede is one of the BEST clutch hitters I've ever seen. This is what looking at the ESPN stat sheet doesn't tell you about Crede and this is why Cubs fans wouldn't understand the value Joe brings to your lineup. Sox fans watch him 162 games a year, so we know what he can do and how much it hurt our team not having him there. When the guy is healthy, he is money.

So my message to the NorthsideBaseball "Wiz Kids" is this: While you were watching the great Aramis Ramirez strike out meekly at D'backs pitches out of the zone in the '07 NLDS, we were watching Joe Crede torch Boston, Anaheim, and Houston's pitching all through the '05 playoffs with a bevy of clutch October hits. Something I wouldn't expect Cubs fans to know much about. If Aramis Ramirez is real nice, perhaps the "sucky" Joe Crede will show him is championship ring sometime.:cool:

Oh it's in there, somewhat.

With RISP past 3 years
.315/.366/.469

Good stuff... but:

Close & Late (results in the 7th inning or later with the batting team either ahead by one run, tied or with the potential tying run at least on deck)

203 AB .266/.309/.458

Oblong
11-23-2007, 08:38 AM
I think Sox fans are more skeptical of Crede than non Sox fans. Typical fallacy where you take the opinion of a couple of people and apply it to "everybody".

Of course I probably over value him because he's a certified Tiger Killer™

cburns
11-24-2007, 12:37 AM
Crede is one of those frustrating players that fans love to argue about. His stats can be bent into each lover and haters arguments (hr's, rbi for lovers, ops for haters). At the same time, as Sox fans, we have seen how important his defense has been (how many times in the past 2 years have you said Crede could have made that play?). All in all he is an average to above-average third baseman. Compared to the Cubs third basemen, I'd say that he has improved his defense, although I'm not sure how much Lee has helped him out at first (granted he has been hurt the past couple of years).

Domeshot17
11-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Post Season Stats

Crede 289 hitter 941 ops 3 doubles 4 homers and 11 rbis in 12 games (45 ab)
Error-Miss Ramirez 196 average 782 ops 4 homers 1 double in 15 games (56 abs)

When Ramirez wins himself a ring (good luck with that) or actually shows up in a playoff series, talk to me. Until then he is a guy who hits um when they dont matter.

World Series Titles, Joe Crede 1, Aramis and the Cubs -100

pierzynski07
11-24-2007, 01:38 AM
Yeah, they hate Crede and think he sucks. Just wait though till Crede is a FA, these same goofs will flip-flop faster than a female gymnast and crave Crede and they'll then assail the Sox for letting the great Joe Crede leave.

(picture removed for scrolling reasons)

AJ Pierzynski is on our team, correct?

skobabe8
11-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Its pretty obvious they arent used to a 3b who doesnt disappear in big games or the post season.

Dan Mega
11-24-2007, 12:10 PM
This is worthless to get worked up over.

TomBradley72
11-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Possibly one of the most useless threads I've ever seen. Who cares what the posters at northside baseball think? It's one thing to react to general media articles/columns....but the postings on a Cub fan website?

What's next? "My Cub fan cousin Timmy thinks Lee is better than Konerko"...here's the link to the email he sent me....

RadioheadRocks
11-25-2007, 01:49 AM
Friends don't let friends go to NorthsideBaseball.com. :D:

alohafri
11-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I love the reference to "all of the great Cub third basemen in history." You mean guys like Ty Waller?

pierzynski07
11-25-2007, 06:16 PM
I love the reference to "all of the great Cub third basemen in history." You mean guys like Ty Waller?
Who the hell is Ty Waller?

WizardsofOzzie
11-25-2007, 06:30 PM
:threadblows:

doublem23
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM

Yeah, let them squawk. I thought Cub fans didn't care about the Sox? :rolleyes:

Anyways, if they want to keep Aramis, that's fine with me... I'll keep our guy.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/photos/uncategorized/joecrede.jpg

Frontman
11-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Still kinda funny to hear them say we're stupid and moronic and crazy.

Crazy is repeating the same actions over and over expecting a different result. 100 years of repeating the same actions over.

And over.

And over.

That's the stupid and moronic for you.

:wink:

drewcifer
11-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Possibly one of the most useless threads I've ever seen. Who cares what the posters at northside baseball think? It's one thing to react to general media articles/columns....but the postings on a Cub fan website?

What's next? "My Cub fan cousin Timmy thinks Lee is better than Konerko"...here's the link to the email he sent me....

You need to block Timmy. But beat some sense into him first, so he knows why. It's not just because his Dad is your Mom's "weird" brother either. I mean, the whole family hates them... Shoot the kid straight. He might turn their act around in a few years...

Good luck.

AnkleSox
11-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Posters at nsbb are just mad because they've never had a relatively mediocre player come up big in the postseason for them. Instead their star players all disappear and strike out on balls in the dirt. I don't know if I really feel sorry for them though...

Frontman
11-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Posters at nsbb are just mad because they've never had a relatively mediocre player come up big in the postseason for them. Instead their star players all disappear and strike out on balls in the dirt. I don't know if I really feel sorry for them though...

Well, so do ours. Then they run to first base anyways. :wink:

http://czabe.com/daily/archives/cover_alcs_controversy.jpg

asindc
11-27-2007, 10:30 PM

What he said.