PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jenks on the trade market?

Rockabilly
11-22-2007, 12:44 PM
I read that Jenks is on the trade market for an OF such as Melky Cabrera. This is the first I heard of Jenks being on the trade market has their been rumors in Chicago about Jenks going to the yanks.

If we do trade Jenks to the yanks I would want Cabrera and Cano

DumpJerry
11-22-2007, 12:46 PM
If you don't provide a link real soon, this will be Roadhoused. This makes no sense whatsoever.

JermaineDye05
11-22-2007, 12:46 PM
I read that Jenks is on the trade market for an OF such as Melky Cabrera. This is the first I heard of Jenks being on the trade market has their been rumors in Chicago about Jenks going to the yanks.

Bobby isn't going anywhere. The last thing Kenny would do is trade our 1 reliable reliever. Especially if that reliable reliever has had 2 straight 40 save seasons. I think the Yankees are just looking at Bobby, but won't be getting him. If the yanks asked for Bobby I'm sure Kenny would demand Phil Hughes and/or Joba Chamberlain.

Rockabilly
11-22-2007, 12:47 PM
The White Sox and Scott Linebrink have agreed to a four-year, $19 million deal, ESPN 1000 in Chicago is reporting.

Sort of a bad break for the Brewers, as they'll have to settle for a second-rounder to go along with their supplemental first-round pick. As horrible as their pen beyond Bobby Jenks was last season, it figured that the White Sox would bring in one of the top free-agent setup men this winter. This may add some fuel to the rumor that the White Sox will trade Jenks for a center fielder
-- Melky Cabrera has been mentioned -- but we doubt that will happen.
Linebrink figures to give up a lot of homers moving to the AL Central and U.S. Cellular Field. Still, he'll be a durable and fairly reliable setup man, likely for the life of the deal.

from rotoworld.com

JermaineDye05
11-22-2007, 12:52 PM
The White Sox and Scott Linebrink have agreed to a four-year, $19 million deal, ESPN 1000 in Chicago is reporting.

Sort of a bad break for the Brewers, as they'll have to settle for a second-rounder to go along with their supplemental first-round pick. As horrible as their pen beyond Bobby Jenks was last season, it figured that the White Sox would bring in one of the top free-agent setup men this winter. This may add some fuel to the rumor that the White Sox will trade Jenks for a center fielder
-- Melky Cabrera has been mentioned -- but we doubt that will happen.
Linebrink figures to give up a lot of homers moving to the AL Central and U.S. Cellular Field. Still, he'll be a durable and fairly reliable setup man, likely for the life of the deal.

from rotoworld.com

Link (http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=MLB&hl=226588)

DumpJerry
11-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Link (http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=MLB&hl=226588)
Ok.....but I don't have the time to check, but didn't Rotoworld have Hunter in a Sox uni 72 hours ago?

Where's Otis when you need him?

Jenks is a few years away from being able to demand a large contract under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. For this reason, he will not be traded even if God were offered up.

JermaineDye05
11-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Ok.....but I dont' have the time to check, but didn't Rotoworld have Hunter in a Sox uni 72 hours ago?

Jenks is a few years away from being able to demand a large contract under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. For this reason, he will not be traded even if God were offered up.

Yeah I know, he's definately not going anywhere.

Brian26
11-22-2007, 12:59 PM

The Sox are not going to get Cabrera and Cano for Jenks. If that was offered, Cashman would be fired or beaten down by an angry mob.

JermaineDye05
11-22-2007, 01:02 PM
The Sox are not going to get Cabrera and Cano for Jenks. If that was offered, Cashman would be fired or beaten down by an angry mob.

As would Kenny, because I think our need for pitching would outweigh our need for a 2B and OF in that situation. I would want Phil Hughes in return for Bobby, maybe more and since I know we're not going to get him for that. We should just end the discussion right here. Bobby's going nowhere.

Sockinchisox
11-22-2007, 01:04 PM
This was just a dumb rumor by a New York paper on a slow news day about a day or two ago. They just mentioned in passing that Cashman checked in on the availability of Jenks.

DumpJerry
Not to mention the fact they just signed Rivera. No need for Bobby on that roster.

hi im skot
God, I hate the offseason.

WhiteSox5187
Ok.....but I don't have the time to check, but didn't Rotoworld have Hunter in a Sox uni 72 hours ago?

God is a power hitting right handed right fielder, we don't need one of those right now.

IF, and this is a big if, but if KW trades Jenks, he oughta be fired on the spot, no questions asked.

Rockabilly
11-22-2007, 01:07 PM
their been talk out here on the west coast that KW is interested in trading for Brian Fuentes probably to be Jenks set up man.

So I take it nothing been mention anything about Jenks being trade in chicago.. can't wait to get back there in April

Rockabilly
11-22-2007, 01:09 PM
God is a power hitting right handed right fielder, we don't need one of those right now.

IF, and this is a big if, but if KW trades Jenks, he oughta be fired on the spot, no questions asked.

I wouldn't say that depends on what the Sox got back for Jenks

Brian26
11-22-2007, 01:12 PM
As would Kenny, because I think our need for pitching would outweigh our need for a 2B and OF in that situation.

Call me crazy, but if you can get an all-star caliber starting second baseman and a young starting centerfielder with a world of potential, both still on the cheap, in return for a closer that pitches one inning every couple of days, you do that in a heartbeat.

Brian26
11-22-2007, 01:13 PM
God, I hate the offseason.

I think its highly entertaining myself. :D:

Brian26
11-22-2007, 01:14 PM

No questions asked?

Not even allowed to ask what he is getting in return?

What if the answer is Miguel Cabrera, Dontrelle Willis, and $10 million in cash?

Pasqua's Mailman
11-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Call me crazy, but if you can get an all-star caliber starting second baseman and a young starting centerfielder with a world of potential, both still on the cheap, in return for a closer that pitches one inning every couple of days, you do that in a heartbeat.

And who would that be? Cano and Cabrera? Uhh... the Yankees aren't going to make that deal (no matter how over-rated Cabrera is)...

btrain929
11-22-2007, 01:19 PM
their been talk out here on the west coast that KW is interested in trading for Brian Fuentes probably to be Jenks set up man.

So I take it nothing been mention anything about Jenks being trade in chicago.. can't wait to get back there in April

Talk on the radio? Newspapers? In the break room at work? I've really liked that guy for years now and would love for him to come to the ChiSox. Him along with Linebrink and Jenks makes a hell of a 3 headed monster for our bullpen.

Brian26
11-22-2007, 01:20 PM
And who would that be? Cano and Cabrera? Uhh... the Yankees aren't going to make that deal (no matter how over-rated Cabrera is)...

I understand the deal is insane, which is the point I'm trying to make a couple of pages back in this thread. Someone said if KW trades Jenks, they want Cano and Cabrera, which is crazy talk.

Rockabilly
11-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Talk on the radio? Newspapers? In the break room at work? I've really liked that guy for years now and would love for him to come to the ChiSox. Him along with Linebrink and Jenks makes a hell of a 3 headed monster for our bullpen.

Ben Maller was on a sports radio station here in LA a few days ago and was talking about trade rumors and mention that the Rockies were talking to the Sox about Fuentes. i'm not to sure if anything is close to happening about him coming to the Sox

Frater Perdurabo
11-22-2007, 01:42 PM
This was just a dumb rumor by a New York paper on a slow news day about a day or two ago. They just mentioned in passing that Cashman checked in on the availability of Jenks.

Yes. Such a rumor sells papers to a Yankee fanbase accustomed to believing they and their chosen team are entitled to cherry-pick players from other teams. **** them and the horses they rode in on.

soxfanreggie
11-22-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't care if other teams call and inquire about any of our players because it's just talk and using up cell phone charge unless a serious offer is made that gives us a better return for what we're giving up.

btrain929
11-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Ben Maller was on a sports radio station here in LA a few days ago and was talking about trade rumors and mention that the Rockies were talking to the Sox about Fuentes. i'm not to sure if anything is close to happening about him coming to the Sox

Did they specifically say the White Sox? It'd suck if in a week he does get traded, but to the Red Sox :mad:

Rockabilly
11-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Did they specifically say the White Sox? It'd suck if in a week he does get traded, but to the Red Sox :mad:

He did mention the White Sox if somehow we can land Fuentes, Rowand and Crawford. We should be favs to win the AL Central

DeadMoney
11-22-2007, 10:15 PM
If you don't provide a link real soon, this will be Roadhoused. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Here's a link and the quote.

Link (http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1195623559154250.xml&coll=1)

"But after shaky Kyle Farnsworth, bullpen experience is limited; Edwar Ramirez, Ross Ohlendorf, Chris Britton and Brian Bruney are candidates, and Eiland mentioned Matt DeSalvo, Jeff Karstens and Steven White as minor-league starters who could push for a relief spot. The Yankees will make a run at Chicago White Sox closer Bobby Jenks, have interest in re-signing Luis Vizcaino and have been tied to free agents Ron Mahay and Scott Linebrink."

soxfanreggie
11-22-2007, 10:17 PM
I hope they cut the cord to Linebrink. Might be hard to put on his jersey if he has a string connecting him to Yankee stadium.

Rockabilly
11-22-2007, 10:28 PM
http://projectprospectbeta.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14342#14342

Sockinchisox
11-22-2007, 10:35 PM
He did mention the White Sox if somehow we can land Fuentes, Rowand and Crawford. We should be favs to win the AL Central

Even with those players, we would be predicted to finish 3rd at best.

jabrch
11-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Everyone on this team is available as far as I am concerned. Jenks would be very expensive.

Noneck
11-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Jenks is the diamond of the Sox. I don't see anyones value on the Sox being even close to Jenks. That being said, they have to get a true gem in return.

Domeshot17
11-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Lets be real

I love Bobby Jenks and would hate to see him go.

But If the Cards called up Kenny and said hey how about Pujols-Ryan-Wainwright for Jenks, I would drive his big butt to the airport.

realistically I dont see a trade going down because he has more value here than anywhere else. For trades to happen, his worth has to be higher somewhere else and I dont see it.

KyWhiSoxFan
11-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Lets be real

I love Bobby Jenks and would hate to see him go.

But If the Cards called up Kenny and said hey how about Pujols-Ryan-Wainwright for Jenks, I would drive his big butt to the airport.

realistically I dont see a trade going down because he has more value here than anywhere else. For trades to happen, his worth has to be higher somewhere else and I dont see it.

If a team thought they were just one closer away from being one of the best teams in baseball, Jenks would be extremely valuable. A team in that position may be willing to give up a couple 5 star prospects and an everyday position player. But KW has never indicated he will ever be in the rebuilding mode, so I don't see that happening.