PDA

View Full Version : Under the Radar?

soxyess
11-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Keep in mind that KW may be pursuing someone that is completely different from what is being reported. In an effort to keep other teams from knowing what he is doing, KW pursues Hunter in a half a** manner as a decoy to stay under the Radar. Teams constantly float their own rumors to keep the opposition from blocking trades or driving up prices of players they are pursuing.

Pasqua's Mailman
11-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Keep in mind that KW may be pursuing someone that is completely different from what is being reported. In an effort to keep other teams from knowing what he is doing, KW pursues Hunter in a half a** manner as a decoy to stay under the Radar. Teams constantly float their own rumors to keep the opposition from blocking trades or driving up prices of players they are pursuing.

There is no question that KW likes to go "under the radar" but I am not sure you can characterize his pursuite of Hunter as half a**... by all accounts he pulled out all the stops to get him (meeting with him several times, having players call him directly etc.)... if he was only doing it for show, they would have floated some rumors in the press and then made a low ball offer... I'm not sure that was the case here...

As much as Cowley looks silly right now, he got his information from somewhere... My guess is that the Sox were heavily invested in getting Hunter and they honestly thought that they had him...

Now as for plan B... that is anyone's guess... Now THAT maybe under the radar...

TornLabrum
11-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Don't bother typing things like a**. Just type the whole word. We have language filters that work if you do that. BTW, the word you were avoiding is not in the language filter.

Now the warning. Do what you did with a word that IS in the language filter, and you can end up banned for several days.

soxyess
11-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Ok sorry

TornLabrum
11-22-2007, 10:45 AM
No big deal. I just don't want to see people get banned if it can be avoided. If you haven't familiarized yourself with the "house rules," check out the "What Every WSI Poster Should Know" thread in the Sox Clubhouse board.