PDA

View Full Version : *Official* What I'm thankful for with the Sox

Frater Perdurabo
11-22-2007, 08:13 AM
This is not an exhaustive list and it's in no particular order, so please add on...

1. 2005 World Series championship

2. Great stadium

3. Great fans

4. Buehrle - great ace starting pitcher

5. Vazquez - coming into his own now that he has a home

6. AJ - consistency behind the dish

7. Jenks - elite closer who's young and cheap

8. Paulie - strong hitter, good with the glove, great trading chip :tongue:

9. Cabrera - GG shortstop, good hitter, already seems like a leader

10. Dye - solid slugger

11. Thome - HOF power hitter, great guy, great OBP

12. Promising youngsters like Fields and Danks

13. Ozzie - good clubhouse leader

14. KW - always trying to give us fans more pie!

15. WSI - a place where we can argue and vent and unite!

There's more I could add, but I invite everyone else to express their thankfulness too...

:supernana:

SoxFanSince67
11-22-2007, 08:47 AM
This forum for which I thoroughly enjoy.

DumpJerry
11-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Not overpaying for a FA CFer.

gr8mexico
11-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Im thankful that the Angels over payed for Hunter and not the SOX. Now let's go get ANDRUW!!!!:bandance:

guillen4life13
11-22-2007, 11:07 AM
This is not an exhaustive list and it's in no particular order, so please add on...

2. Great stadium

3. Great fans

10. Dye - solid slugger

There's more I could add, but I invite everyone else to express their thankfulness too...

I've been saying Konerko could bring a lot of value on the trade market for a few years now also. I like him and all, but slow baserunning (and more importantly the GIDP's) and high K/BB ratios aren't too awesome though he more than makes up for it in other ways.

What I'm thankful for:

1) A team committed to winning.
2) An awesome stadium.
3) This awesome website

What would make my day so much better:

1) Jay Mariotti acquires a pink slip.
2) Sox get good 4th starter, 9possibly third as well, though I also think it's time to get the youngin's in).
3) Sox trade Konerko for Figgins (straight up) then put Fields at 1B.
4) Sox trade Uribe.

But maybe Christmas will bring some of these things. In any case, a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Take care

PeteWard
11-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Being finished with the horrible dilemma of wanting a talented CF like Hunter on the team but then having actually to cheer for that self-promoting boob.

PeteWard
11-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Im thankful that the Angels over payed for Hunter and not the SOX. Now let's go get ANDRUW!!!!:bandance:

And have you seen the numbers out there for santana?:o:

asindc
11-22-2007, 11:39 AM

2. Great stadium

3. Great fans

10. Dye - solid slugger

I'm thankful that my father, a Cubs fan, did not feel like driving an extra 30-45 minutes each way to take us to Cubs games growing up, which is how my brother and I became Sox fans!

Aside from that, I like your list.:smile:

LITTLE NELL
11-22-2007, 11:51 AM
2005 as an adult.
1959 as a 13 year old.
And all the other great thrills since 1953.

rwcescato
11-22-2007, 11:54 AM
2005 as an adult.
1959 as a 13 year old.
And all the other great thrills since 1953.

I am thankful for being a Sox fan everyday. I will also be thankful for the Championship brick legacy when it is complete with my family name on it.
GO SOX!!!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Rich:bandance:

hi im skot
11-22-2007, 12:01 PM

I've been saying Konerko could bring a lot of value on the trade market for a few years now also. I like him and all, but slow baserunning (and more importantly the GIDP's) and high K/BB ratios aren't too awesome though he more than makes up for it in other ways.

3) Sox trade Konerko for Figgins (straight up) then put Fields at 1B.

I'll never understand this. Konerko should finish, or at least spend the majority of his career, with the Sox.

I'm thankful to have a team filled with truly good guys that makes it easy to love. Quality players and quality people.

ode to veeck
11-22-2007, 12:10 PM
1) Jay Mariotti acquires a pink slip.

What I really want for Christmas

Jerome
11-22-2007, 01:03 PM
The way the starting pitchers performed in 05, especially the playoffs. It was fun to see my favorite team dominate. We might not see another sox starting staff that good for awhile.

KRS1
11-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Not overpaying for a FA CFer.

Ditto. I didn't want Toriiiii in the first place, and I certainly wouldn't have been excited over us being on the hook for 18 per over 5 years.

guillen4life13
11-22-2007, 02:26 PM
I'll never understand this. Konerko should finish, or at least spend the majority of his career, with the Sox.

I'm thankful to have a team filled with truly good guys that makes it easy to love. Quality players and quality people.

No one ever said anything about Konerko not being a good guy. I'd rather have Figgins in there and I see Fields developing into a Konerko-like player (30-40 HR, 90+ RBI per season and would be much cheaper at 1B than Konerko, at least for the next few years. Use the money that is no longer going to Konerko on Figgins and the leadoff dilemma is solved. Partner him with Owens and you have two 50+ SB players on the team to give the team another strong dimension.

But this is a Thanksgiving thread, so we'll stop it here. :tongue:

Domeshot17
11-22-2007, 11:00 PM
This year I will be thankful mostly for 4 more years of Burls. I made the sig when he looked sure fire dealt and feel like keeping it for a while. Im also thankful for being a fan of a team with the best fans in the world. We may not have the MOST, but we have the BEST. Im thankful Sox fans are a Quality over Quantity group.

Im thankful Kenny is too smart to trade away his team leader in Konerko. Im thankful I don't have to watch Uribe's thanksgiving dinner every night filled ass lazily chasing down pop flys and ground balls.

Im also thankful my fiancee is a Sox fan because if she wasn't I might be doing the smart thing and not be engaged :tongue:

thomas35forever
11-22-2007, 11:15 PM
This year?

1) Buehrle with us for four more years.

2) A new SS for next year.

3) Being able to show my Sox Pride year 'round.

sageofthesox
11-23-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm thankful for my wife and three kids...all of whom love the White Sox. Who could ask for anything more?

Martinigirl
11-23-2007, 08:58 AM
I am thankful to the White Sox for many reasons. I am thankful that I have so many childhood memories going to the games with my parents. I am thankful that my parents didn't have one more boy, so that my dad had me sit with him and he explained how the game was played, what everything meant and how to keep score. And I am thankful that to this very day I can sit and have great conversations about baseball (and other sports) with my dad, something my sisters can't do.

I am thankful that the team I support that is socially aware and wants to help the less fortunate. I am thankful that the Sox paid for every child at the school I teach in to get a big box of school supplies in the beginning of the year.

I am thankful for a owner, GM and manager that hate to lose and will try to do anything to prevent it for happening. I never what to cheer for a team that revels in failure.

Lastly, I am thankful for our players, past and present, because watching a Sox game can be one of the greatest things to look forward to during a long cold winter.

ws05champs
11-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Being a common fanaticism between me and my wife.

Seeing the Sox win a World Series game at the Cell in person (and seeing them go on to win the entire Series).

All the great memorabilia from 2005 that decorates our family room (and making Cubs fans sick when they visit).

The fun group of fans that surround our season ticket seats.

Being able to root for a team filled with a bunch of great guys and not an ass clown among them. And thank you Torri for keeping it that way.

No matter what the Sox do at a particular game, there is always the pork chop sandwiches at Maxwell Street Station, Kosher hot dogs and of course chiros!

whitesoxwilkes
11-23-2007, 07:20 PM

I will never undertsand Frater's irrational hatred for PK either. But he's a hell of a good guy so I let it slide.

That being said, I'm thankful for all you other Sox nutjobs out there who make this the best place on the Internets to talk White Sox baseball.

Daver
11-23-2007, 07:24 PM
I will never undertsand Frater's irrational hatred for PK either. But he's a hell of a good guy so I let it slide.

That being said, I'm thankful for all you other Sox nutjobs out there who make this the best place on the Internets to talk White Sox baseball.

Who are you calling a nutjob?

Frater Perdurabo
11-23-2007, 07:25 PM

I'm thankful that you and most others understand that I've become just a caricature of myself.
:redface:

Also, I'll be thankful for any advice and/or tips you can share about becoming a new dad sometime in late May or early June.
:smile:

Daver
11-23-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm thankful that you and most others understand that I've become just a caricature of myself.

Also, I'll be thankful for any advice and/or tips you can share about becoming a new dad sometime in late May or early June.

Hope for girls, they smell better. :)

whitesoxwilkes
11-23-2007, 07:30 PM

It's the most amazing feeling you'll ever have, and honestly while it changes thing a lot, it's not going to throw your world completely upside down.

If you need anything at all, do not hesitate to PM me. CONGRATS!

chisox77
11-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I am thankful, of course, for being a White Sox fan, and for the great uniforms our team wears . . . awesome.

I am thankful for a GM who is a risk taker, and a manager who has no fear.

I am thankful for an owner who has given this franchise much needed stability, and for being responsible with the team's resources (as much as I wanted Hunter - I am also glad that the Sox did not commit to a ridiculous contract to get him).

I am thankful for other great White Sox fans out there who express pride and joy in rooting for this team.

I am thankful for my father (who passed this tradition down to me and my brother) my brother for taking me to Sox games at a very young age, and for my grandfather (my dad's dad), who I never saw, yet was probably the greatest of all White Sox fans in my family.

:cool:

:cool:

HITMEN OF 77
11-23-2007, 08:12 PM

I can only hope so. If he does and stays healthy/productive, he should own some White Sox offensive records HR/RBI etc.

chisoxfanatic
11-23-2007, 08:26 PM
1. This great place, especially the TBGRs, as well as Hal and George's columns.

2. Having the ability to say that I have seen my team win the World Series, and being able to celebrate it as an adult on my own.

3. Robin Ventura is still my favorite ball player of all time.

4. Seeing Konerko play every day.

5. The ability to follow a future HOFer (Buehrle) throughout his career.

6. The fact that we have a WS MVP on our current team...and he won that award while playing for our team!

7. Attending games at the greatest ballpark in the world.

Save McCuddy's
11-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Mark Buehrle taking the ball every 5th day for the next presidential term.

skottyj242
11-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Toby Hall.