PDA

View Full Version : Torii Hunter Article

SoxGirl4Life
11-20-2007, 05:51 PM
I found this the most interesting piece of the article on the Sox site.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071120&content_id=2305033&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

As for the problems endured in Chicago by Jacque Jones and LaTroy Hawkins, Hunter's friends and one-time teammates in Minnesota, those past issues won't remotely factor into his final decision.
"Two reasons: I'm a different person than those guys, and my game is different than those guys," Hunter said. "And I'm not with the Cubs. It's the White Sox. That's totally different."

fusillirob1983
11-20-2007, 05:52 PM
I just read that, found it interesting too.

HomeFish
11-20-2007, 05:52 PM
How curious that you did not also quote this part:

"Not by the end of this week. I know that for a fact," said Hunter on Tuesday, when asked for a timetable of when he may sign a new lucrative deal. "It could be the end of next week, and it's not necessarily with the White Sox.

"I'm actually trying to weigh my options and think about a couple of other things," Hunter added.

But WSI has NEVER let optimism get in the way of cold, hard reality!

TDog
11-20-2007, 06:03 PM

The quote you selected reflected that the White Sox aren't the only team he is considering, which a pessimistic White Sox fan would celebrate. The quote that started the thread was more of an elevation of White Sox fans as a group over Cubs fans than optimism that Hunter could sign with the Sox.

Your quote and the original are not talking about optimistic and pessimistic signs of the same coin. They are talking about different denominations.

Thome25
11-20-2007, 06:09 PM
The best part of the article was this:

As for the problems endured in Chicago by Jacque Jones and LaTroy Hawkins, Hunter's friends and one-time teammates in Minnesota, those past issues won't remotely factor into his final decision.
"Two reasons: I'm a different person than those guys, and my game is different than those guys," Hunter said. "And I'm not with the Cubs. It's the White Sox. That's totally different."

Sounds like he really does want to join the Sox!!

CLR01
11-20-2007, 06:18 PM
The best part of the article was this:

Sounds like he really does want to join the Sox!!

Sounds like he was just answering a question to me.

Thome25
11-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Sounds like he was just answering a question to me.

Sounds like he may have slipped and was calling himself a White Sox to me.

A.T. Money
11-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Funny, AJ never had issues joining a Chicago team.

I'm wondering if AJ has been trying to persuade Hunter.

wulfy
11-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm wondering if AJ has been trying to persuade Hunter.

That might not help!!!

Jurr
11-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I get really excited at the thought of having Hunter in Sox gear. It would be like seeing Favre in a Bears uniform.

fusillirob1983
11-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I get really excited at the thought of having Hunter in Sox gear. It would be like seeing Favre in a Bears uniform.

I'd be pretty excited too. I don't think many players can match the irritation that AJ gives to other teams, but it'd be great to have Torii to add to it.

Rockabilly
11-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Hunter will be meeting with the Dodgers this weekend than talking to Minnesota one last time before he decides on a team

chaerulez
11-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Sounds like he may have slipped and was calling himself a White Sox to me.

Nowhere in that comment is he saying he's signing with the White Sox.

Rockabilly
11-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Konerko has join Thome now trying to get Hunter to sign with the Sox through text messages...

I hope to god that KW signs Hunter

fusillirob1983
11-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Konerko has join Thome now trying to get Hunter to sign with the Sox through text messages...

Source?

Rockabilly
11-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Source?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-071120sox,1,5099440.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Also Cowley is still reporting that Hunter will be signing a 5 yr deal with the Sox by next week

soxfanreggie
11-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Someone make sure to pick up a lot of Sox stuff for his boy. If he likes mascots, make sure Southpaw and Benny the Bull are there. Make sure you can get his kids into the best schools. While I know the money has to be good, might as well make a great impression on his family. Have some of the Sox wives talk to his wife.

Sockinchisox
11-20-2007, 10:48 PM

hahahahahaha

"Paul who are you texting?"

"IDK, my BFF Torii"

Frater Perdurabo
11-21-2007, 06:58 AM
hahahahahaha

"Paul who are you texting?"

"IDK, my BFF Torii"

Text message intercepted from a Phoenix Airport...

"Sign here. U wont lead Sox in GIDP. U call me GIDPK." :tongue:

Iwritecode
11-21-2007, 10:01 AM

The cold hard reality that he might sign by the end of the week and it may or may not be with the Sox? :?:

I'm pretty sure we all already knew that...