PDA

View Full Version : This is what we can do with Uribe


DumpJerry
11-20-2007, 08:49 AM
The Red Sox probably want a better SS than Lugo. We want to replace Garland with Beckett.

Oh, and pigs fly, but it is fun to play out the possibilities.

drewcifer
11-20-2007, 08:56 AM
The Red Sox probably want a better SS than Lugo. We want to replace Garland with Beckett.

Oh, and pigs fly, but it is fun to play out the possibilities.

Well, if we're going to give up Uribe for Beckett, they better throw in something else like Lester or Bucholz... Beckett couldn't even win the Cy.

veeter
11-20-2007, 09:06 AM
The Red Sox probably want a better SS than Lugo. We want to replace Garland with Beckett.

Oh, and pigs fly, but it is fun to play out the possibilities.Great. That would be two trades we got screwed on.

spiffie
11-20-2007, 09:39 AM
IF we throw in Brian Anderson, the Red Sox are sure to give us Buchholz and Papelbon. After all, BA is just one bad manager away from the Hall of Fame.

The Dude
11-20-2007, 10:05 AM
The Red Sox probably want a better SS than Lugo. We want to replace Garland with Beckett.


getonbckthr is that you?:redneck

CHIsoxNation
11-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Looks like we may have a taker for Uribe after all...

Tampa Bay is still in the market for a shortstop, and Juan Uribe is now expendable after the White Sox acquired Orlando Cabrera on Monday. But the Rays are looking for defense first, and that isn't Uribe's forte. ...

Um, I thought his defense was pretty much all he was good for these days?

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/nov/20/sp-rays-likely-to-make-some-roster-moves/?sports-rays

esbrechtel
11-20-2007, 10:39 AM
here come the uribe for crawford rumors....:rolleyes:

Rockabilly
11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
How about Uribe to Pitt for Zach Duke

Bump34
11-20-2007, 10:58 AM
here come the uribe for crawford rumors....:rolleyes:


Uribe + 2 more...

spiffie
11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Uribe + 2 more...
Hmmm...I wonder what those 2 more could be....

Jimmy Piersall
11-20-2007, 11:08 AM
How about this one ? Baltimore is supposedly listening to
offers for Erik Bedard.Don't know why,but they are the Orioles.
Given the current state of our SP,Kenny should at least be
kicking some tires and seeing if this is true.Balt wants young
cheap prospects,and/or young cheap alledged future hall of
famers.Give them the choice of any two of the group of Gio/
Broadway/Floyd/Egbert and also include a cheap Uribe if they
are thinking about moving Tejada,or if Uribe doesn't interest
them :rolleyes: perhaps Fields or Crede so they could move Mora.
Totally blowing it out of my backside here but getting a guy
like Bedard,who is better than anyone we have now would
be huge...flame away.

ChiWavDave
11-20-2007, 11:10 AM
I ran into Hank Stienbrenner's Yorkie on a flight from tampa to chicago today, I guess the yorkie had a spa day scheduled here, but thats another story alltogether. Anywho, she said that they only resigned Arod in NY to trade him to the Sox for Uribe and BA. Uribe would play 3rd in pinstripes. So I would expect to hear about that deal soon.

DumpJerry
11-20-2007, 11:16 AM
I ran into Hank Stienbrenner's Yorkie on a flight from tampa to chicago today, I guess the yorkie had a spa day scheduled here, but thats another story alltogether. Anywho, she said that they only resigned Arod in NY to trade him to the Sox for Uribe and BA. Uribe would play 3rd in pinstripes. So I would expect to hear about that deal soon.
This would have to be a deferred deal until June 1.

drewcifer
11-20-2007, 11:20 AM
How about this one ? Baltimore is supposedly listening to
offers for Erik Bedard.Don't know why,but they are the Orioles.
Given the current state of our SP,Kenny should at least be
kicking some tires and seeing if this is true.Balt wants young
cheap prospects,and/or young cheap alledged future hall of
famers.Give them the choice of any two of the group of Gio/
Broadway/Floyd/Egbert and also include a cheap Uribe if they
are thinking about moving Tejada,or if Uribe doesn't interest
them :rolleyes: perhaps Fields or Crede so they could move Mora.
Totally blowing it out of my backside here but getting a guy
like Bedard,who is better than anyone we have now would
be huge...flame away.

Melvin Mora has an NTC.

Jimmy Piersall
11-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Melvin Mora has an NTC.

Thanks for the info on Mora,didn't know that.Point is,
start with Uribe as your 3rd guy in after the two kid
pitchers.

PorkChopExpress
11-20-2007, 11:42 AM
What about Uribe for Elijah Dukes (sp?). It seems like they are through with him and looking to trade him off. I know he appears to be a horrible person, but he may be worth a flier if we are basically giving Uribe away otherwise.

whitesoxwilkes
11-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Uribe + 2 more...

Brian Anderson and Ryan Sweeney?

nccwsfan
11-20-2007, 12:18 PM
I'd be willing to trade Uribe for that fish tank they have in center field at this point :redneck

Uribe's a free swinger, but he would be a defensive upgrade for the Rays. Too bad their bullpen is worse than ours...

hi im skot
11-20-2007, 12:20 PM
What about Uribe for Elijah Dukes (sp?). It seems like they are through with him and looking to trade him off. I know he appears to be a horrible person, but he may be worth a flier if we are basically giving Uribe away otherwise.

:puking:

I don't want that douchebag anywhere near the Sox clubhouse.

peeonwrigley
11-20-2007, 12:24 PM
:puking:

I don't want that douchebag anywhere near the Sox clubhouse.

I was going to post that exact sentence. Without the pukey guy though.

gregory18n
11-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Tampa wont want our OF's, but they might be interested Uribe, Fields & Floyd for Crawford. Use Anderson & Sweeney to go after pitching.

sullythered
11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
What about Uribe for Elijah Dukes (sp?). It seems like they are through with him and looking to trade him off. I know he appears to be a horrible person, but he may be worth a flier if we are basically giving Uribe away otherwise.
Awesome! Then we should bring back Wil Cordero and Albert Belle. Perhaps sign Kenny Rogers and coax Ty Cobb back from the grave.

getonbckthr
11-20-2007, 01:46 PM
getonbckthr is that you?:redneck
Ladies and gentlemen please welcome Dane Cook to White Sox Interactive.

DumpJerry
11-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Tampa wont want our OF's, but they might be interested Uribe, Fields & Floyd for Crawford. Use Anderson & Sweeney to go after pitching.
Given how often Uribe chased balls into the Outfield that were not his, he might qualify.

DumpJerry
11-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Ladies and gentlemen please welcome Dane Cook to White Sox Interactive.
Come on, you know personal attacks on other posters are not permitted at WSI.




But, since Dane Cook is not a WSI poster, no problems here.:redneck

getonbckthr
11-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Come on, you know personal attacks on other posters are not permitted at WSI.




But, since Dane Cook is not a WSI poster, no problems here.:redneck
Well done, well done. The Dude does remind me of Dane Cook though. He make jokes that 75% of the people find funny and the other 25% of the people are just intelligent.:redneck

DumpJerry
11-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Well done, well done. The Dude does remind me of Dane Cook though. He make jokes that 75% of the people find funny and the other 25% of the people are just intelligent.:redneck
The Dude is alright. He just spends too much time in school.

Ziggy S
11-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Awesome! Then we should bring back Wil Cordero and Albert Belle. Perhaps sign Kenny Rogers and coax Ty Cobb back from the grave.
Why wouldn't you suggest Barry Bonds and Ben Chapman(Big time racist, anti-Semitic player from the thirties and forties) as well. Do you hate America?

bigfoot
11-22-2007, 12:55 PM
I'd be willing to trade Uribe for that fish tank they have in center field at this point :redneck

Where would the fish tank play? :rolleyes:

WSox597
11-22-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure why so many people want to trade Fields. The kid is going to hit a bunch, and is warming up to 3B and maybe LF.

Crede is an unknown quantity, and has that difficult agent everybody loves to hate. Why trade this kid to get somebody else's prospects?

Prospects and a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee. (Borchard anyone?_

The Thomenator
11-24-2007, 05:11 PM
I was looking around to see who could use an upgrade at SS, and currently the Blue Jays have a gaping hole there. I would like LHP Scott Downs for Uribe + cash, if needed. I am not sold on Boone Logan as of yet. The Jays have McDonald at SS currently. Downs has good numbers against righties and lefties. He would solidify a bullpen of Jenks, Linebrink, Thornton, Wasserman, and (in my opinion, if he does not start) Broadway. Your thoughts?