PDA

View Full Version : How will Rauch fare in his first ML start tomorrow?

MattSharp
04-15-2002, 11:55 PM
My dad says no hitter ala Wilson Alvarez.

Personally I think he will pitch a solid 6 innings and give up 3-4 runs with like 6 Ks. I expect him to give up some runs. The Bribe is the best team in baseball right now, so you can't sell them short. What do you think.......

Kilroy
04-16-2002, 12:01 AM
I actually think he'll be pretty sharp out there, and have a solid outing. Sox bats need to show up tomorrow and take the pressure off the kid. Get 1 or 2 early ones and let Rauch take over.

Huisj
04-16-2002, 12:02 AM
actually, didn't Alvarez have a start with Texas before his first start with the sox? Seems like I remember that he had gotten totally bombed, like he gave up a bunch of runs without getting anyone out or only one guy out or something . . . and then came to the sox and mowed down baltamore in baltamore. It was baltamore, right?

Kilroy
04-16-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Huisj
actually, didn't Alvarez have a start with Texas before his first start with the sox?

It was 0 IP, 3 hits 3 ER, 2 HR, 2 BB, w/ Wilson taking the loss. Not bombed, but not good either

GASHWOUND
04-16-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp
My dad says no hitter ala Wilson Alvarez.

Personally I think he will pitch a solid 6 innings and give up 3-4 runs with like 6 Ks. I expect him to give up some runs. The Bribe is the best team in baseball right now, so you can't sell them short. What do you think.......

I don't think he's gonna pitch a no-hitter, this ain't Detroit.

But your prediction sounds pretty good.
But who knows, he may not get out of the 2nd inning.
But he needs to pitch his ass off, this series is HUGE. Even though it's early.
We need to make a statement, we have to make upsome ground based on Cleveland's hot start.

doublem23
04-16-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
It was 0 IP, 3 hits 3 ER, 2 HR, 2 BB, w/ Wilson taking the loss. Not bombed, but not good either

Not bombed because it looks like he got pulled before he could get bombed.

Chisox_cali
04-16-2002, 01:09 AM
I can't wait to see--hear--(F'n MLB Extra Innings :angry: ) Rauch's first start. I think he will do well hopefullt the Sox bats will ease the tension. If he's nervous at all about the start he sure doesnt show it, anytime they showed him in the dugout today he was smiling and laughing, I've heard a lot about the excellent composure he has on the mound I hope he shows it tomorrow.

Also anybody remember how we faired against Finey last year?

RedPinStripes
04-16-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I can't wait to see--hear--(F'n MLB Extra Innings :angry: ) Rauch's first start. I think he will do well hopefullt the Sox bats will ease the tension. If he's nervous at all about the start he sure doesnt show it, anytime they showed him in the dugout today he was smiling and laughing, I've heard a lot about the excellent composure he has on the mound I hope he shows it tomorrow.

Also anybody remember how we faired against Finey last year?

Sox-and-Roll will be on air to call it and i think we're going to play some old white snake for Finley. HA!

Randar68
04-16-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Well, supposed to be a pretty good SW wind tonight, so it will be blowing out to the left or left center, right?

Anyways, Rauch still doesn't have his control to where it was before his injury and still tends to leave a ball here or there up in the zone. I say 6 IP, 3 ER on about 5 hits and 2 BB's, with about 6 K's....with all 3 runs coming on homers...

Moses_Scurry
04-16-2002, 10:47 AM

Wow, if that's not being bombed, then I'd hate to see your definition of being bombed!

harwar
04-16-2002, 11:06 AM
I look for Rauch to get lit up tonight.Its pretty usual for first-timers.It doesn't help that he's facing the hottest team in baseball.I'd give almost anything if this guy could step up there and be dominant,but i just don't see it happening,not yet anyway.Hey,you never know,Oswalt did it last year & they were on the olympic team together along with that guy on the brewers.GOOD LUCK KID !!!

RichH55
04-16-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

But your prediction sounds pretty good.
But who knows, he may not get out of the 2nd inning.
But he needs to pitch his ass off, this series is HUGE. Even though it's early.
We need to make a statement, we have to make upsome ground based on Cleveland's hot start.

Hey...that Indians lineup aint that great either...hot start or no hot start......

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2002, 11:11 AM
I lean toward him not pitching all that great, but that thought is tempered by the fact that he's already pitched in the Olympics, which has to be a higher-pressure environment than tonight's game (home crowd and all). So, who knows...

RichH55
04-16-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I lean toward him not pitching all that great, but that thought is tempered by the fact that he's already pitched in the Olympics, which has to be a higher-pressure environment than tonight's game (home crowd and all). So, who knows...

A very good point....I'm saying 5 and 2/3 2 ER and 2 BB...not Randy Johnson, but no complaints either

nut_stock
04-16-2002, 02:03 PM
I'm expecting an old fashioned softball slugfest out of tonight's game. 14-11 Sox! with both starters getting destroyed.

Bmr31
04-16-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I'm expecting an old fashioned softball slugfest out of tonight's game. 14-11 Sox! with both starters getting destroyed.

hes going to be roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooocked , but oh well......

WinningUgly!
04-16-2002, 02:29 PM
Rauch is gonna dominate. I won't go as far as to say a no-no, but he'll be impressive.