PDA

View Full Version : Cubs get lucky

HawkDJ
04-15-2002, 10:18 PM
With the bases loaded 2 outs and the Cubs up by 1, they left Atonio Alfonseca in to bat and what should have been a groundout to first took a crazy bounce on that turf and went over Lee Stevens head. As it turns out the Expos scored 1 run in the bottom of the 9th that would've tied it.

Mathew
04-15-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
With the bases loaded 2 outs and the Cubs up by 1, they left Atonio Alfonseca in to bat and what should have been a groundout to first took a crazy bounce on that turf and went over Lee Stevens head. As it turns out the Expos scored 1 run in the bottom of the 9th that would've tied it.

Joe Carter probably said, well we deserved this good luck, if it weren't for bad luck, we've had none at all, Go Sammy

Vsahajpal
04-15-2002, 11:04 PM
Baylor tried his best to lose the game, if not for Wood, Lieber, Patterson, and Sosa, this team would be 0-12. God I hate Baylor

VeeckAsInWreck
04-16-2002, 12:45 AM
Yes the sCrUBS were lucky today! They were lucky that the Expos had to rest Michael Barrett, he would have lit up Kid-K(rappy) like a roman candle! Watch out for Barrett he's the best catcher I've seen since Ron Karkovice! :smile:

Karko 4-Ever!

OfficerKarkovice
04-16-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Karko 4-Ever!

Ahhh...like music to my ears :D: