PDA

View Full Version : Mets sign Castillo

Sockinchisox
11-18-2007, 08:32 PM
According to some Dominican Sports site.

4 yrs, 25 mil.

Throw this in What's the Score if you want, it's not confirmed yet by any US based sport sites outside of rotoworld.

Edit: Someone please move to What's the Score, Rosenthal is saying it's close but not done.

TheOldRoman
11-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Umm, Luis?

Sockinchisox
11-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah.

TheOldRoman
11-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Eh, no big loss for the Sox (and I hadn't heard rumors they looked at him). I wouldn't have minded giving him $6 million a year for two years tops to mentor Richar, but if the Mets want to offer a contract like that, they can have him. I doubt he is still serviceable during the '10 season.

PalehosePlanet
11-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Umm, Luis?

Yep. I just found this on rotoworld:

According to impactodeportivo.com.do, the Mets and Luis Castillo have agreed to a four-year, $25 million contract.

This is fine by me; just one less mistake we could possibly make. He seems to be really slowing down.

Foulke You
11-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Yep. I just found this on rotoworld:

According to impactodeportivo.com.do, the Mets and Luis Castillo have agreed to a four-year, $25 million contract.

This is fine by me; just one less mistake we could possibly make. He seems to be really slowing down.
Yeah, I like some of the things Castillo can bring to a lineup but 4 years $25 million seems like too much for him. He has been a bit injury prone lately and his best years seem to be behind him. I'd take my chances with Richar developing.