PDA

View Full Version : trade idea

gogosox16
11-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Crede, Garland, Broadway to the Dodgers for Rafael Furcal, Clayton Kershaw, and Jonthan Broxton

Dodgers
Crede : Fills 3rd base hole and gives them gold glover and silver slugger. Helps them make run this upcoming year for playoffs and have good shot to signing long term.
Garland : Gives them a solid pitcher who is reliable and front line. Doesnt get hurt and always throws 200 + innings. Good 1-2 punch with Jason Schmidt if he can stay healthy.Pretty good chance of signing him to extenison cause he would like to be back around his home in Cali.
Broadway: gets starter with future 3-4 in rotation and could be a help as early as this upcoming year. Could also help the bullpen. big ballpark should help.

Whitesox
Furcal: fills a HUGE hole at short for couple of years and gives a leadoff guy. Also gives dodgers chance to dump his salary and give Chin Lung Hu SS job
Kershaw: big pitching prospect with big upside...could be 1-2 in rotation and could be ready possibly by 2009 most like 2010.
Broxton: Helps bullpen alot and could be setup man to Bobby and if anything happens to Bobby you got a good replacement for Bobby. Helps solitify the Sox bullpen needs.

What do you think?

getonbckthr
11-16-2007, 04:42 PM
If we are giving up Garland and Broadway, Billingsley (sp) better be coming here.

drewcifer
11-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Impossible deal.

You can't send cash with a player in exchange for a player(s) with larger contract(s).

For example - Thome came WITH cash because his contract was larger than what Philly was on the hook for with Rowand, Gio, etc.

MLB would never approve it. You need something else if Crede, Garland, Broadway isn't enough (and it wouldn't be). NY would've thrown $ around along time ago to get out from under guys the likes of Kevin Brown or Carl Pavano if it was possible.

gogosox16
11-16-2007, 04:45 PM
If we are giving up Garland and Broadway, Billingsley (sp) better be coming here.
who would you rather have Billingsley or Broxton? cause you wouldnt get both

gogosox16
11-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Impossible deal.

You can't send cash with a player in exchange for a player(s) with larger contract(s).

For example - Thome came WITH cash because his contract was larger than what Philly was on the hook for with Rowand, Gio, etc.

MLB would never approve it. You need something else if Crede, Garland, Broadway isn't enough (and it wouldn't be). NY would've thrown $ around along time ago to get out from under guys the likes of Kevin Brown or Carl Pavano if it was possible.
Oh. never knew that...So I'll fix it to not sending money

drewcifer
Oh. never knew that...So I'll fix it to not sending money

Yup - need something else.

Gammons Peter
The guy to get from the Dodgers is Delwyn Young, he's gonna be great

getonbckthr
who would you rather have Billingsley or Broxton? cause you wouldnt get both
Billingsley!

gogosox16
11-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Yup - need something else.
Brian Anderson:gulp:

gogosox16
11-16-2007, 04:50 PM
The guy to get from the Dodgers is Delwyn Young, he's gonna be great
Say Dodgers Signed Rowand than It could be possible cause they would have Rowand, Pierre, Kemp and Either in the outfield and no room for him

the1tab
11-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Rafael Furcal is a fraud that is nothing more than Shawon Dunston who had a great lineup around him. What did he do last year that makes you want him and his ridiculous contract? Billingsly, Bronxton, whoever else the Dodgers feel like unloading from their bullpen is one thing, but I want nothing to do w/ Furcal. He's got a bad attitude and isn't that special.

That being said, we really need a SS. I know many of the same things I said about Furcal are true of Jhonny Peralta, but Cleveland has a kid waiting and a three-team deal might make it work. Any thoughts on Jhonny? He's certainly a heck of a lot cheaper than Furcal and has actually played well in October, something the former Brave can't say.

JohnTucker0814
11-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Rafael Furcal is a fraud that is nothing more than Shawon Dunston who had a great lineup around him. What did he do last year that makes you want him and his ridiculous contract? Billingsly, Bronxton, whoever else the Dodgers feel like unloading from their bullpen is one thing, but I want nothing to do w/ Furcal. He's got a bad attitude and isn't that special.

That being said, we really need a SS. I know many of the same things I said about Furcal are true of Jhonny Peralta, but Cleveland has a kid waiting and a three-team deal might make it work. Any thoughts on Jhonny? He's certainly a heck of a lot cheaper than Furcal and has actually played well in October, something the former Brave can't say.

I think the Furcal trade is looking more at our leadoff situation. He is filling the Uribe hole with a leadoff hitter. There are a couple of SS out there that are available but none of them fill the leadoff hole like Furcal. I think this would be a good trade for both teams...

I can bet you Billingsly is untouchable... I think it's a pretty fair trade although we probably need to add a mid level prospect:

Crede = Furcal
Garland/Mid-level = Kershaw
Broadway = Broxton

drewcifer
11-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Honestly guys, I don't think we can put a deal together that is attractive to LA, and that we can live with. Somebody said they need pitching, but they are probably in no worse, and probably in a better situation than us. The front 4s look like:

Penny
Lowe
Wolfe
Billingsley

vs.

Buehrle
Vazquez
Garland
Contreras/Danks

Their BP is already much better, and they have a bonified closer in Saito.

If they want another front line starter, they'd probably hold out for a chance at Santana with all the young position and pitching prospects they have. If not there, then they could flip them for Cabrera. Either way, I don't see us as being able to put together a package attractive enough to get what we need from the Dodgers.

I'd love to be wrong, though.

upperdeckusc
11-16-2007, 08:39 PM
I think the Furcal trade is looking more at our leadoff situation. He is filling the Uribe hole with a leadoff hitter. There are a couple of SS out there that are available but none of them fill the leadoff hole like Furcal. I think this would be a good trade for both teams...

I can bet you Billingsly is untouchable... I think it's a pretty fair trade although we probably need to add a mid level prospect:

Crede = Furcal
Garland/Mid-level = Kershaw
Broadway = Broxton

L.A definitely would not consider this. Kershaw is probably the best pitching prospect in baseball. And Broadway absolutely positively does NOT = Broxton. i wouldn't mind trading a crede right now (uncertain of health) and maybe a mid level prospect for broxton. or a deal with garland for their SS hu. but they probably won't happen.

A. Cavatica
11-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Any thoughts on Jhonny?

Nho thanks.

gr8mexico
11-16-2007, 08:50 PM
I think a trade of Jose Contreras for Rafael Furcal can be made . We Can take Furcal contract and they take Contreras. Jose could do better in LA

soxinem1
11-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Honestly guys, I don't think we can put a deal together that is attractive to LA, and that we can live with. Somebody said they need pitching, but they are probably in no worse, and probably in a better situation than us. The front 4s look like:

Penny
Lowe
Wolfe
Billingsley

vs.

Buehrle
Vazquez
Garland
Contreras/Danks

Wolfe is out of the picture, as they released him (or declined his option)

Honestly, Garland for Furcal and Broxton sounds better.

And who says they wouldn't do it? How many 200+ IP starters are out there for better than market price?

drewcifer
11-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Wolfe is out of the picture, as they released him (or declined his option)

Honestly, Garland for Furcal and Broxton sounds better.

And who says they wouldn't do it? How many 200+ IP starters are out there for better than market price?

Well ****, Wolf, for starters. He had a $9M option!

*Edit - Let me clarify:

Wolf - 31 years old, 9 yrs MLB exp, just rehabbed: ($9M)

Career 162 averages: 206.7 IP, 172 SO, 77 BB, 27 HR, 4.25 ERA, 1.342 WHIP

Garland - 28 yrs old, 8 yrs MLB exp:

Career 162 averages: 207 IP, 110 SO, 68 BB, 26 HR, 4.41 ERA, 1.368 WHIP

Jon is a little younger but more expensive. That's it by the numbers.

Only other value is AL SP numbers translating to better NL ones, but that is always a tough sell. In short - They wouldn't want a guy for $10M that they already had at $9M. Unless of course, Colletti (who I don't know anything about) missed this.

soxwon
11-16-2007, 10:38 PM

barbara billingsley?

TheVulture
11-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Wolf - 31 years old, 9 yrs MLB exp, just rehabbed: ($9M)

Career 162 averages: 206.7 IP, 172 SO, 77 BB, 27 HR, 4.25 ERA, 1.342 WHIP

Garland - 28 yrs old, 8 yrs MLB exp:

Career 162 averages: 207 IP, 110 SO, 68 BB, 26 HR, 4.41 ERA, 1.368 WHIP

In short - They wouldn't want a guy for $10M that they already had at $9M

Wow, now that's a crude manipulation of statistical data if I've ever seen one!

Randy Wolf = Jon Garland? *****.

chaerulez
11-19-2007, 12:57 AM
I could be wrong, but Kershaw is either the #1 or #2 prospect in the Dodgers system, projects to a possible #1 starter. I would say the Dodgers would ask for more than a defensive 3B with back problems in his last year before free agency with Boras as his agent, a good innings eating pitcher but not a dominating one who is a #3 starter at best, and a first round pick that projects to be a #3 starter at best. And we'd get a huge pitching prospect, an overrated but above average shortstop, and a guy who looks like he could be a very very good closer in the league. I'd take this trade instantly, but I don't think the Dodgers would...

drewcifer
11-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Wow, now that's a crude manipulation of statistical data if I've ever seen one!

Randy Wolf = Jon Garland? *****.

Where?

I simply posted simple career 162 averages. They are very similar. If the Dodgers made a trade for Jon, they got him one year at $12M. If they exercised Wolf's option, $9M. It's just a statement. The averages are what they are. Where's the travesty?

chaerulez
11-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Where?

I simply posted simple career 162 averages. They are very similar. If the Dodgers made a trade for Jon, they got him one year at $12M. If they exercised Wolf's option, $9M. It's just a statement. The averages are what they are. Where's the travesty?

I don't get it either, people here seem to either think Garland was terrible and that his "California cool" attitude was why he did bad, or his backers think he is almost a staff ace. Jon Garland is a solid #3 starter on a good starting rotation. A #4 on a great one.